Setting questions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I am trying to work out a campaign idea. I am stealing the idea that floated around about having a community that sends their children for a test of adulthood into a facility to get 'key cards' and/or omega tech.

I am thinking the facility that I want them to break into is the Cheyenne Mountain NORAD facility.  However, I only have their website and google maps to garner information about it. I was just curious what populace is closest to the actual entrance to the mountain facility. That way I could build the society on the ourskirts of it.

Does anyone out there know any information about it or where I could find it? 
The coords listed in wikipedia put me here, so... Colorado Springs?
I can concur, living in Colorado.

Its next the Colorado Springs & the Air Force Academy (another great offering for adulthood test).
Fort Carson isn't too far either. 
So I am trying to work out a campaign idea. I am stealing the idea that floated around about having a community that sends their children for a test of adulthood into a facility to get 'key cards' and/or omega tech.

I am thinking the facility that I want them to break into is the Cheyenne Mountain NORAD facility.  However, I only have their website and google maps to garner information about it. I was just curious what populace is closest to the actual entrance to the mountain facility. That way I could build the society on the ourskirts of it.

Does anyone out there know any information about it or where I could find it? 

Yeah, Wikipedia can be a decent starting point:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain

Also, watch the old early-80s movie WarGames!

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion, Visitor's Guide to Red Larch [updated!]

Adventures League Characters (click for list)
Adventurers League Characters:
  • Oraibi Jhannivvar (human noble paladin of Siamorphe, level 8) and Golden Dawn (celestial warhorse)
  • Ninkasi the Ale-Nun (human guild artisan cleric of Chantea, level 6)
  • Rhythm (tiefling entertainer bard, is a dancer, level 3)
  • Verdigris (dragonborn gladiator ranger, level 3) and Heqet (giant frog)
  • Bacavi Jhannivvar (human sage rogue, level 3) and Teddy (cat familiar)
  • Niran Wishcrafter (fire genasi charlatan sorcerer, level 2) a.k.a. "Madame Vessa" (human fortune teller)
  • Alcyone Pleiades (air genasi sailor wizard, level 2) and Buster (crab familiar)
Thanks everyone for the help.
From their website it claims to be close to Peterson AFB. So I was curious where the 'tunnel entrance' that you see in just about every movie or picture is in relationship to Colorado Springs proper or more specifically Peterson AFB. 
Sign In to post comments