Races for Gamma World

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
ETA:  I decided it would be easier to just write this up as a downloadable and printable PDF file, so here you go!

boldpueblo.com/downloads/gammaworld/GW-r...

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Well, that's not very well-formatted.

I'll reformat this later and repost it.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
I'm guessing you pasted that in from a MSOffice file :P

When I do that, it always spaces things out really bizzarrely.

Anyway, looks like a good start
Close enough; OpenOffice.
Were Arks, giants?   I thought Arks were dogmen.    Orlen I can see starting as Giants (esp if you look at them in the GW rules).
They're 3 meters tall.
They're 3 meters tall.

Mmm, well there goes using Gnoll miniatures for them. 
This is great!

You'll have to update it twice when the new books come out, but it's awesome! 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
This is great!

You'll have to update it twice when the new books come out, but it's awesome! 

Yeah, I'm also planning on updating it after our first batch of custom-designed origins too.

Shouldn't the photosynthetic humanoid Gren just be straight up Engineered Human/Plant? 

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

First, a few observations.

Hoop: Why is it a Giant? It was a monster that wasn't particularly strong or large. Unless you mean it's a Giant based on the fact it was a cute and fuzzy bunny (tiny) that is no medium-sized and fugly. Make it a Felinoid base.

I would look at all the Hairy races and base them off of Felinoid or Yeti depending on if they're medium-sized or large+ sized. Giant should *only* be used for critters that start off huge such as Elephants, Giraffes, Whales, etc. Yeti for big things like Bears, Apes, etc. Felinoid for everything else, just change the name of the powers so that it matches the critters natural weaponry.

Scaly is a bit of an issue, basing it off of those particular origins doesn't really fit at all. It's more akin to a cockroach than a seismic. I would probably base it first off of a Felinoid due to the similar natural weapons.

I agree, Gren are Enhanced Human/Plant, or better yet Plant/Enhanced Human. I would make it strictly this without any rolls on the origins table.

I notice that your Mutated Animal table says to roll 1d6 and you have 7 options though there is nowhere that says you get a bonus to the mutation roll...

I notice that you have a lot of "reroll if the origins match" entries. Why not just give 2 uses of an origin's powers and state that the critters are stable? If a power is an At-Will, then give it a double bonus (or +1/2 bonus).

Pure Strain Humans have no mutations and are not cyborgs. I would have an Engineered Human/Engineered Human origin and allow the player to choose the secondary stat, which could be Intelligence. But in previous versions of Gamma World it was usually Constitution.

Other than those observations/suggestions, I found that you misspelled Dabber as Dabbler in the race list under Alternity Races.
Thanks for posting this.

I was hoping to create something similar, but it's nice to see you're ahead of me! Even if the supplement sets cause some minor updates, hopefully it won't be a big deal to edit what you've started with! Laughing
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
I'm hoping that the expansions help to make conversion of the old races and critters from previous editions an easier task!