Articles we would like to see in Dungeon/Dragon

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know this post most likely should be in the dun/dra discussion board, but thought it would be better posted here,

What would you like to see in Dun/Dra magazine for future articles?

I for one would appreciate tables featuring useless junk.  Yes, it seems unneeded, but random tables are fun to roll on.
I'd be most excited by additional origins, but since they seem to best be generated in lots of 20 for probability purposes I'm not really expecting that.

Adventures would be the next best thing. The game is perfect for when you need to throw something together, and more ready-made adventures would help a lot.

Lastly, monsters. The weirder, the better.
I would like to see locations, everything from small one-building locales like a trading stations or a weird oracle to a larger "Ancient Ruin" or small city-state. I want places to flesh out the map of ruined America.
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
I would like to see locations, everything from small one-building locales like a trading stations or a weird oracle to a larger "Ancient Ruin" or small city-state. I want places to flesh out the map of ruined America.

I like to see some tips on adapting Real world locales into their post apocalyptic versions. I'd also like an article of new origins. More Monsters and adventures is always nice and helpful.  Maybe a table of gear (what consitutes what kind). I keep coming back to the origins (I always like more options for my players (or me when I'm a player)) but know it is unlikely.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Well see what the contents of the next 3 boxed sets are.

But I think you can always use new Monsters, new Locations, and new mini Adventures for the game. I was going to say more origins, but it looks like each boxed set will have 20 or so additional origins in the, So that will be a good 60 Origins total.

Maybe an article on how to stretch the game out to lvl 20. (course you could just slow down the exp gain and make those lvls 1-10) last longer too.

Dirty Deeds, DONE DIRT CHEAP!

• New monsters, obviously - new junk tables, artifacts & mutations could also work. 

• An article on an adventure locale that could be dropped in anywhere (as opposed to a specific RW locale Gamma-ized). 

• Information about a specific alternate worldline - with Omega Tech, monsters, androids, andventure hooks, etc from that worldine. 

• Details on a cryptic alliance faction - with NPCs, items, monsters, plot-hooks, etc. 

• An alternate economic system based on domars or ammunition (maybe a rationale for how all firearms standardized on one kind of ammunition by 2012 in some majority of worldlines?) or something. 

• A 'How to Use Collectible Cards in Your RPG without Going Crazy' advice article or (better yet, AND, side-by-side) the converse for an avid CCGer trying to get into the RP aspect of Gamma World.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Arks.  A few statblocks, a nice delve, maybe an origin.
Do you mean "Arcs" as in "A story arc with adventures that lead people from level 1 to 10", or do you mean "Arks" as in "An Ark, a big ship containing two of every kind of animal, preserved against the apocalypse."

Because that would be cool. 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
Option C: psychic mutant dogmen.

But I also like Options A and B.  

Really, just individual write-ups for some of the iconic races, with associated material for both DMs and players (obviously weighted towards whichever magazine it's in).
Alternate novice, utility, and expert powers for character origins.
Do you mean "Arcs" as in "A story arc with adventures that lead people from level 1 to 10", or do you mean "Arks" as in "An Ark, a big ship containing two of every kind of animal, preserved against the apocalypse."

Because that would be cool. 

Actually, he means Arks, as in the ones that prize human hands as delicacies.

I for one would like to see more adventures and monsters via Dungeon magazine.  Anything that might be suitable for Dragon magazine, that would be supplemental information vs. expanded information, would be better suited in expantion sets instead. (from a business standpoint)

"Is that your final answer?"

-Frequent quote from my side of the DM screen