High-Buck X-Wing: Success, Woe & Redemption

There are those in life that buy golf clubs. Those that buy old cars. Some pay for Motocross gear - some take lots of trips, some gamble. Some even buy an army of 500 Stormtroopers with all the trimmings.
I collect... collectibles. Mostly STAR WARS collectibles, and I got the chance to bid on two (but only one could be actually purchased!) fantastic "Code 3" items in eBay recently, the two of six I DON'T have: The AT-ST and Luke's X-Wing (If you don't know, "Code 3" are high-end die-cast items with all sorts of interior detail & features, from Master Replicas). I wanted the AT-ST the most, but... well, I won't bore you with the white-knuckle auction, but I WON the X-wing. Came to me in perfect condition, in a shockingly short 3 days. The Seller even left me Feedback before I did. Super auction experience. So, here it is (with ol' Jolee Bindo to show you scale - since I know someone will ask):

7ff8b50640b6ccbf837aa0a2d9e4a5a0.jpg?v=240000

Okay. So you see all the detail: folding plastic canopy, delicate gun barrels, landing gear, ladder. Oh - and I may as well mention the thing cost three hundred bucks (actually quite the bargain). So I left it out for my wife to see, cleared & dusted a place on my desk, and picked it all up to carry downstairs.
Metal landing gear. Glass base top.
I thought it was level, but the ship started to slide... I tried to save it, actually yelling "noNONO!! But off it went; bounced off the table and crashed to the floor. Pieces flying. Right in front of my wife.
She was like, "What did you do?" I can't express the horror; I don't know what was the worse prospect: That I'd trashed a (brand new) $300 decoration, or what my wife would do.
Picked it up to inspect the damage. Laser cannon tips... okay. Not only all there, but not even bent. Canopy (which I'd even left open)... okay! Incredibly. Landing gear... okay. In fact, EVERYTHING was just fine except for the little grey blast emitter for the engine you can see in the pic, and even it popped loose cleanly, like the original part, and all I had to do was reattach it with a dab of Superglue gel. The ship in the pic is "post-trauma."
So, I guess God watches after the stupid. Either that, or the Force was as much with Luke's ride in my dining room as it was in the Death Star Trench!

Here's a pretty good top-down shot showing the "cutaway" interior detail, and the excellent cockpit:

cf65ec73a1db2a07d2719d352fecb180.jpg?v=240000

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
how many different models are there?
There are six.
Each one comes with a folio that contains a patch appropriate to the model. Numbering is only on the certificate.
Darth Vader's TIE fighter is the easiest/cheapest to get, and also possibly the most massive. Not many features, though: the cockpit top comes off to reveal an excellent interior, but it needs a flashlight to see it best. Also a panel removes on the hull. $89, no more.
Republic Gunship was my first, and still possibly my favorite. Easy to get. Canopy removes, doors open/close, rear ramp opens to show two speeder bikes. Swivelling ball turrets (with occupants). Also has a separate floor so you can display it clean, or with Yoda and four clonetroopers ready to debus. Hold out for less than $200.
Then it gets harder - and more expensive:
Millenium Falcon has a plethora of removeable panels, and an opening ramp. Optional landing gear, with door options for either. Start looking at $250-$300.
Slave-I: ditto. Besides the four panels, there's a Han solo in carbonite, rotating wings, cockpit & guns and - best of all - opening missile doors! Gettin' more to the $300 range.
Then all bets are off.
Luke's X-Wing seems to be rare outside the $800 "signature version," but I got one. MULTIPLE panels - including the proton torpedo bay - opening canopy, R2-D2 (that poses), opening wings and optional landing gear. I got mine for $300; I consider myself fortunate.
And the last, the only one I don't have:
The AT-ST. Like Vader's fighter, it's big & massive, with limited panels. In fact, I only know of one: the whole cabin side removes to show the interior & crew. Many moving parts, though, and very hard to get. Last one I tried for went for over $400, and that was still low. I'd just bought the X-Wing, and so couldn't really play!
Bear in mind these do NOT come with an acrylic cover; those were separate and typically go for about $70. So if you find one WITH the cover, factor that in; however also factor in that it will almost assuredly add to already robust Shipping fees, as the boxes for either are both massive and heavy. $35 is a good starting point - I had to ship a Falcon back to this total slab of a Seller, and with insurance it was like $45.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
hmm a little out of my price range overall but I am a fan of the Falcon so maybe I'll have to keep an eye out for one on ebay

is they just called code 3 falcon?
That would find it, yeah.
does the falcon ever go for cheap?  Been watching e-bay for awhile and they always seem way out of my price range.