Custom Origins Compilation

300 posts / 0 new
Last post

Welcome to the Gamma World Community Origins Thread!

Here on the Gamma World forums we have a large, active community of homebrewers. Gamma World as a system is simple and easilly customizable, and its charm lies in its infinite variety. So it was only a matter of time before homebrewed origins began popping up across the forums. Here, you will find a ready-made community of like-minded homebrewers ready to critique your work, talk about rules and balance, and generally help provide the community with a fantastic resource for expanding thier game.

Anyone is welcome to contribute origins, suggest balance changes, or make origin requests of our more prolific homebrewers. All we ask is a willlingness to listen and consider the constructive criticism of others, and to not go around bashing other people's work if you don't like it. Also, as the purose of this is to add variety to the game, please generally avoid posting similar/duplicate origins to ones already in the game, unless there is a major difference in mechanics/emphasis on an aspect of an origin.

So what can I find here?
Well, to start off, if you just want to see our work, near the end of this post will be a link for GoogleDocs where you can download a nice pdf compilation of the best and most balanced of the origins posted here. Currently, that compilation is split into two parts due to word processors not speaking to each other, but that's soon to change in the next week or so.

If it's simply a list you're looking for in case you're just curious or you want to add some origins and aren't sure if they've been done before or not, the second post has a frequently-updated list of every origin posted here on the thread, plus links to origins posted elsewhere. Eventually I'll learn how to make a thread jump to a particular post (if its possible on these forums) so you can jump straight to specific origin, but for now if you want to see an origin, its best to download the alphabetized pdf.

How can I help out?
As stated before, anyone can contribute! Whether its providing constructive criticism, complimenting designers whose work you like, or posting origins of your own, there is no prerequisite for helping out. Origins may simply be posted directly into the thread for all to see and critique, or you can give a link to a blog or wiki post if you run one of your own. We do ask that criticism be limited to rules balance, however - Gamma World means different things to different people, be it silly, serious, wackly, light, dark, whatever, and its silly to criticize other people's tastes in origins. So please, keep criticism constructive and balance-oriented.

If you'd like to offer something else, check the Help Wanted section below.

My origin isn't in the compilation, but I posted it! What gives?
The most likely reason is that I simply havent updated the pdf. Origins don't come pouring in superfast, they tend to come in batches as someone has a few ideas theyve been tossing around related to one subject, so updates have been about a month and half apart, with each update being about twenty origins' worth. One possibility is that (like with Classes) I'm saving up for a themed update so I can add a new section to the pdf. That can take awhile since the vast majority of origins we get are standard rules, as opposed to say, Dr. Comic's setting-based age origins. Which brings up the other possibility - maybe your origin doesn't fit most gamma world games, as it uses special rules or requires a special setting. If there aren't enough to comprise a themed group, it won't get included for awhile.

Help Wanted

1. PDF Layout Help - I could use someone who could make a nicer-looking pdf of the origins, preferably with nice-looking graphics & colors. Right now all that's being dont is a nicely formatted text file exported to pdf. Something like Oraibi's landscape origin sheets, or maybe an optional half-sheet file for people who like to use them would be fantastic. It's a lot of work, and I just don't have the time for doing more than I already do.

2. Origin and Trait Cards - AH_Anarchy has a fantastic set of blank cards for origins available for those who might be Photoshop/Gimp inclined. I have very little skill with Photoshop, and have only a basic understanding of Gimp, so would love to find someone who'd be willing to make cards to go with the Compilation pdf.

3. Flavor Text - Could use someone who's feeling creative and wacky to go through the pdf and make flavor text suggestions: some authors have come up with thier own, but others have not, and a few origins have some flavor text but isnt complete. We dont have any sort of requirement for flavor, but hey, this is Gamma World. . . the sillier the flavor text, the better :P

PDF Downloads

Here can be found any pdfs related to the Community Origins.
The first PDF can be found here on GoogleDocs: tinyurl.com/35seu2j
The second PDF can be found here on GoogleDocs: tinyurl.com/2atd68v
The third composite pdf of 60 origins can be found tinyurl.com/4946nff

Updates

Major Update 03/13/11

Ok, so it took longer than I wanted thanks to family member surguries and a 2-week bout of flu, but the 3rd set of 20 origins is out, and the Class System is under construction. For now, here's a link to the pdf with 60 Origins! LINK Also included is a glossary of 4E rules that got used and arent in the normal Gamma World books. Let me know if you spot a rule that was used but isnt in the pdf.

This is the list of all origins I'm aware of. For Community and Non-Compiled Origins, you should be able to find the original text posted in this thread somewhere. Otherwise, I'll include a link. Note that some origins in the compilations have been altered for balance from the counterparts posted in the thread. A few origins have been posted more than once as the community suggested revisions (such as undead/zombie)If requested, I can update the lists below to include a short description, assuming I can fit that much text in one post ;)
Gamma World Core Origins

Android, Cockroach, Doppleganger, Electrokinetic, Empath, Felinoid, Giant, Gravity Controller, Hawkoid, Hypercognitive, Mind-Breaker, Mind-Coercer, Plant, Pyrokinetic, Radioactive, Rat Swarm, Seismic, Speedster, Telekinetic, Yeti
Special: Engineered Human

Famine In Far-go Origins

AI, Alien, Arachnoid, Cryokinetic, Ectoplasmic, Entropic, Exploding, Fungoid, Gelatinous, Magnetic, Mythic, Nightmare, Plaguebearer, Plastic, Prescient, Reanimated, Shapeshifting, Simian, Temporal, Wheeled

Community Origins 1

Amphibian, Angelic, Arcanist, Awakened, Darkling, Demonic, Gamma, Goatfolk, Goo, Illusionist, Mind-Deceiver, Mutating, Photokinetic, Saurian, Sharkoid, Siren, Squidling, Teleporter, Weather Witch, Wolfen
Special: Pure-Strain Human

Community Origins 2

Acidic, Anneloid, Aquatic, Canine, Cosmic, Cydonian, Dimensional, Esper, Hoofed, Horned, Insipiring, Miniature, Pistol Shrimp, Prehistoric, Scorpionoid, Serpentine, Squamous, Two-Headed, Undead
Special: Clone

Non-Compiled Origins

Young, Survivor, Old – age based, found here
Chelonian (Post #137)
Fey
Infected
Invisible
Koopa Troopa!
Puppeteer
Tentacled (Partly Similar to Squamous & Squidling)
Tyrannosaur (A psuedo-reflavor of Sharkoid and/or Saurian) - found here
Vampire
Rabbit
Solar
Ocular
Toxin
Bad Mofo (Brutish)
Hemokinetic
Power Thief (Blue Mage)

Classes As Origins
Explorer
Examiner
ESPer
Hunter
Shootist
Knight
Sorceror
Defender
Savage
Medic
Nerd
Scout
Raider
Strategist
Ascetic
Bad Mofo (Brutish)
Survivor - Found here

We're close to a new pdf! Keep those ideas coming! :D
Here's a few to start off.

Teleporter
Teleporter                                 -- By Chandrak
Whether a quirk of birth or through rigorous training, you’ve found yourself with the ability to move yourself across space instantly.

Mutant Type: Dex; Psi; +2 to psi overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Acrobatics checks.
Missed Me! (Level 1): When an opponent misses you with an attack that targets Reflex, you may teleport 1 square as a free action.
Teleporter Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you may teleport your speed after the attack as a free action.

Teleport Assault (Teleporter Novice)
Just because I’m 10 feet away doesn’t mean I can’t punch you in the face, jerk.
At-Will • Psi, Teleport
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. Ref
Hit: 1[W]+Dex+level.
Special: You may teleport 3 before or after the assault.

Flinch Away (Teleporter Utility)
Where’d he go? I thought I had him!.
Encounter • Psi, Teleport
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
Effect: Add +3 bonus to all defenses for this attack. If this causes the attack to miss, you may teleport half your speed as a free action.

Abduction (Teleporter Expert)
I think you need a time out. Go sit in the corner.
Encounter • Psi, Teleport
Minor Action Melee 1
Special: You may teleport your speed before making the attack.
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Ref
Hit: Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is teleported your speed. You may teleport to a square adjacent to the target.

Arcanist
Arcanist                           -- By Chandrak
In some universes, magic never vanished. You’ve managed to tap into this largely unexplored resource.

Mutant Type: Intelligence; Dark; +2 to dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Conspiracy checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to Will.
Dancing Lights (Level 1): You can create small floating lightsources about as bright as a torch or a flashlight as a free action.
Origin Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you deal an additional +1d8 damage, and all allies within 5 squares of you gain a +2 to Will until the end of your next turn.

Magic Missile (Arcanist Novice)
You conjure a bolt of magical energy that unerringly strikes your target.
At-Will • Dark
Standard Action Ranged 20
Effect: 2 + Intelligence modifier + twice your level damage.

Shield (Arcanist Utility)
You throw up your hand, and a shield of arcane energy springs into existence.
Encounter • Dark
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of your next turn.

Arcane Vortex (Arcanist Expert)
A storm of magical energy lifts your foe into the air, battering and confusing him.
Encounter • Dark
Standard Action Ranged 10
Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Ref
Hit: 2d10 + Intelligence modifier damage, and you slide the target 2 squares vertically. The target remains aloft until the end of its next turn. The target is dazed and immobilized until the end of its next turn.

Squidling
Squidling                                    -- By Chandrak

Mutant Type: Dexterity; Bio; +2 to source overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Acrobatics checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to Reflex.
Extra Limbs (Level 1): You possess many small prehensile tentacles. Even when your primary hands are full, you can manipulate or hold other objects, fire weapons while climbing, and other such tasks.
Squidling Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you can make a basic attack with an item held in your extra limbs as a free action.  

Tentacle Slap (Squidling Novice)
With a lunge, you stretch out one of your tentacles, slapping a foe at a distance.
At-Will • Bio
Standard Action Melee 2
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + Dexterity modifier damage.  

Ink Cloud (Squidling Utility)
When threatened, you release a disgusting inky miasma to deter your foes.
Encounter • Bio, Zone
Immediate Reaction Close Burst 1
Target: All creatures in burst.
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage and the target is blinded (save ends).
Effect: The burst creates a zone of inky miasma that blocks line of sight until the end of your next turn. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there suffer the initial attack. You are immune to your own cloud.  

Sucker Grab (Squidling Expert)
You’re all hands.
Encounter • Bio
Standard Action Melee 1
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Ref
Hit: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is restrained (save ends). If you move more than 1 space away from the target, it is no longer restrained.

Here's a few more. Now there are a few that are fantasy-based (which the current GW lacks, despite being called 'science fantasy').

Illusionist

Illusionist                                   -- By Chandrak
Mutant Type: Intelligence; Dark; +2 to dark overcharge.
Hallucinatory Terrain (Level 1): Aura 1: Squares adjacent to you are considered difficult terrain by enemy creatures.
Illusionist Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you deal +1d10 damage and the target is dazed until the end of its next turn.

Illusory Ambush (Illusionist Novice)
You create an illusion of swirling spectral assailants that swarm over your enemy.
At-Will • Dark, Illusion, Psychic
Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Will
Hit: 1d8 + Intelligence modifier + your level psychic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Shadow Haze (Illusionist Utility)
With a wave of your hand, darkness swirls about an ally, concealing them from your enemies.
Encounter • Dark, Illusion
Minor Action Ranged 10
Target: You or one ally
Effect: The target gains total concealment until the end of your next turn.

Hypnotic Pattern (Illusionist Expert)
A swirling pattern of colors appears before your foes. Their eyes glaze over as the patter enthralls them and lures them closer.
Encounter • Dark, Illusion
Effect: You conjure a sqirling pattern of colors and lights in an unoccupied square within range that lasts until the end of your next turn. You can use the Hypnotic Patter attack power, using the pattern’s square as the origin.

Hypnotic Pattern Attack
            At-Will • Dark, Illusion
            Opportunity Action Close Burst 3
            Trigger: An enemy starts its turn within 3 squares of the pattern.
            Target: Triggering enemy in burst.
            Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Will
            Hit: The target is pulled 3 squares toward the pattern and is slowed until the end of your next turn. It can move into the pattern’s square.

Demonic
Demonic                          -- By Chandrak Whether through a pact with dark beings or due to your parents’ legacy, you have been tained with the blood of demons.
Mutant Type: Charisma; Dark; +2 to dark overcharge.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to Fort.
Temptation (Level 1): You can pull a stunned or dazed enemy 1 square as a free action once per turn.
Origin Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the target takes ongoing 5 fire (save ends).

Flamewreath Strike (Demonic Novice)
You utter a word of the Dark Speech, and your weapon bursts into flames.
At-Will • Dark, Fire
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Charisma + twice your level fire damage.

Beguiling Whispers (Demonic Utility)
With a few whispered promises, your foe comes under your spell.
Encounter • Source
Minor Action Ranged 5
Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Will
Hit: The target becomes fascinated (save ends). While fascinated, you can use your Temptation feature each round on the target, even if it is not stunned or dazed.

Lure of Minauros (Demonic Expert)
You whisper dark promises on the wind, sending them forth the pollute your enemy’s mind with overwhelming terror that compels it to lash out in a panic.
Encounter • Dark, Fear, Psychic
Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Will
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier + your level psychic damage, and the target takes a free action to make a melee basic attack against itself or an adjacent creature.

Miss: You take damage equal to your level but may repeat the attack against another target in range.

Angelic
Angelic                             -- By Chandrak
Somehow, you were born infused with a small portion of holy energy. Perhaps you have been blessed by the gods, or perhaps you are the result of some sort of bizarre experiment.
Mutant Type: Charisma; Dark; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Interaction checks.
Flight (Level 1): You gain a flight speed equal to your move speed. You take a -2 penalty to attacks when flying.
Origin Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you or an ally within 5 squares can regain hit points equal to twice your level.

Holy Smite (Angelic Novice)
You bring down the wrath of the heavens upon the unfaithful.
At-Will • Dark, Radiant
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Charisma + your level vs. AC
Hit: 1d12 + Charisma modifier + twice your level radiant damage.

Healing Hymn (Angelic Utility)
With a prayer and a song, you grant new life to your allies.
Encounter • Dark, Healing
Minor Action Close Burst 5
Target: One ally
Effect: The target regains hit points equal to your Charisma modifier plus your level.

Blinding Light (Angelic Expert)
You conjure a cylinder of light that illuminates the battlefield, searing the eyes of your foes.
Encounter • Dark, Radiant, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10
Effect: The burst creates a zone of bright light until the end of your next turn. Creatures within or entering the zone become blinded (save ends).

Goatfolk
Goatfolk                          -- By Author

Mutant Type: Constitution; Bio; +2 to source overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Mechanics checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to Fort.
Cast Iron Stomach (Level 1): You can eat and drink almost anything. Irradiated, Metallic, Organic, Mineral . . . it doesn’t matter to your body, it can be food, if you want.
Origin Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you deal an extra +1d6 damage and the target is dazed until the end of its next turn.

Headbutt (Teleporter Novice)
You rear back, smashing into your foe with your horns.
At-Will • Bio
Standard Action Melee 1
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + Constitution modifier + level damage.

Hooves of Steel (Goatfolk Utility)
Flavor Text.
Encounter • Bio
Free Action Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you can ignore difficult terrain.

Get Off My Bridge! (Goatfolk Expert)
With a roar, you slam into your opponent, knocking them backwards.
Encounter • Bio
Standard Action Melee 1
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 2d10 + Constitution damage, and the target is pushed 3 squares.

Goo
Goo                             -- By KonanOrigamiUser
Where others are bizzare mutants, you are a sentient and mobile jello-being dripping your way through life. (Lime Flavoring Optional.)
Mutant Type: Constitution; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Nature checks.
No Vital Organs (Level 1): You gain +2 to all defenses.
Short-Circut (Level 1): You have a -2 penalty to all Omega Tech charges.
Gooey Critical (Level 2 or 6): When score you critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and the target is immobilized (save ends).

Goo On Face (Goo Novice)
You squirt a burst of goo onto an opponent's face, blinding him/her/it temporarily.
At-Will 
Bio, Physical
Standard Action                            Ranged 5
Target: One creature.
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Reflex.
Hit: 1d8 + Constitution modifier + twice your level physical damage, and the target is blinded until the end of your next turn.

Slippery Escape (Goo Utility)

Encounter • Bio, Physical
When attacked you have the annoying habit of slipping away.
Immediate Interrupt                            Personal
Trigger:
An attack is made against you.
Effect: After the attack resolves you may shift a number squares equal your speed + 2.

Smother (Goo Expert)
You haven't lived until you've been death-hugged by a living puddle.
Encounter
• Bio, Physical
Standard Action                            Melee 1
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Fortitude
Hit: Enemy takes 8 ongoing physical damage and is unconscious (Save Ends on both) as long as you are adjacent to the target.

Goo On Face (Goo Novice)
You shoot a burst of goo onto an opponent's face, blinding him/her/it temporarily.

...Gookakke.

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.

Goo On Face (Goo Novice)
You shoot a burst of goo onto an opponent's face, blinding him/her/it temporarily.

...Gookakke.

I deny everything! Wink

Goo On Face (Goo Novice)

...Gookakke.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goo On Face (Goo Novice)

...Gookakke.

Lime Flavoring

Sharkoid

Sharkoid                             -- By Badu7777
Jaws with feet and lungs.
Mutant Type: Dexterity; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Nature checks.
Aquatic (Level 1): Can breathe underwater, while under water you gain a +1 to attack and +2 Reflex defense, you may also swim a number of squares equal to your speed + 2.
Sharky Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and the target is restrained until the end of your next turn.

Relentless Bite (Sharkoid Novice)
You bite your victim, restraining them, making it helpless to your ongoing attacks.
At-Will 
Bio, Physical
Standard Action                            Melee: 1
Attack: Dexterity + your level +2 vs. AC.
Hit: 2d6 + Dexterity modifier + twice your level physical damage, and the target is restrained (save ends), If the character is more than 1 square away from the target, the target is no longer restrained.

Wound Healing (Sharkoid Utility)
Sharks' wounds heal remarkably quickly.
Encounter • Bio, Healing
Immediate Interrupt                            Personal
Trigger:
When Bloodied.
Effect: At the start of every other turn you regain 5 hit points.

Bite, Chew and Swallow (Sharkoid Expert)
Sharks just want to have lunch.
At Will 
• Bio, Physical
Target: One restrained creature.
Attack:
Dexterity + your level vs. AC
Hit: 2d12 + Dexterity Modifier + twice your level physical damage.

The sharkoid's critical power is probably a little too much.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
The sharkoid's critical power is probably a little too much.

Is that better?

I meant to put 1d6 since it was save ends but that was probably still too good, so now it's 1d10 with just another way to get him restrained for the experienced power.
Yeah, the new one is better. :D
Updated the list with Sharkoid

I'd be willing to take a few requests for origin types. Cant guarantee I'll do em all, but if someone suggests something and I can think of a good way to do it, I'm game.
I'm really lovin' the people in this forum.  So much great community created items

Awesome contributions Chandrak!!!  I plan on using these origins during our groups next session.
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
I'm amazed that WotC didn't do a Teleporter.  In the original, there were teleportation, planar-gate-opening, and even time travel mutations.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I'm amazed that WotC didn't do a Teleporter.  In the original, there were teleportation, planar-gate-opening, and even time travel mutations.

In the first "expansion" there is a temporal origin, don't recall if the other two get anything similar. I'm kinda surprised after two lists there is no dog people (Canioid I guess), especially after hearing some people talk about a race of them in game (I'm new to Gamma World).
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Yes, the Ark were a race of mutated dogs that (like Badders and Grens and others) have been with Gamma World since the beginning.  They're violent critters, and consider human hands a particular delicacy.  Really, I think they probably existed just for that joke.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Would be interesting if we had enough of these to fill out some d20 tables.
Would be interesting if we had enough of these to fill out some d20 tables.

That's what I'm hoping, even it if it means doing it myself.

Tony, there are a few Alpha Mutations involving time-travel and teleportation. That was part of the reason I decided on making the Teleporter - used on or two of those as an idea template for the powers that Origin got.

As for Canoid - there are a whole bunch of antho species as monsters that dont get treatment as origins. Off the top of my head, there's Pigs, Badgers, and Rabbits in the intro adventure. I think there were one or two others in the monster list in addition to those.

The one I was surprised about was Squidling, since theres a big ol picture of an octopus woman on the cover, and I didnt see a monster or an origin relating to that.
Upcoming new custom origins: (In Progress)

Reptillian – Well we’ve got cats, apes, cockroaches, spiders, rats, squid… why not lizards?
Radiant – Light/Blinding powers
Cosmic – Astral beings that float through the universe and ignore physical laws.
Mutating – Powers that induce random mutations in themselves and others.
Gamma – Beings that warp terrain around them.
The one I was surprised about was Squidling, since theres a big ol picture of an octopus woman on the cover, and I didnt see a monster or an origin relating to that.

There is a 'tentacles' mutation card.

More furry mutants than just the Felinoid and the Yeti (Ursoid) might not be a bad idea, though.  A scaly origin or two would be nice.  Maybe a Serpent and a Warm-blooded Saurian?

Saurian

Saurian                            

You are the result of 65 million years of evolution acting upon to the dinosaurs that lived happily ever after when that big rock missed their planet.  You don't why these naked apes snicker at that thought.

Appearance:
  You are scaly but warm-blooded and upright, like a Velociraptor or T-Rex but without so much attitude.  You have more brains than teeth in your head, which is only fitting for a civilzed creature with millions of years of culture and history. 

Mutant Type:
Constitution; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to Reflex
Theropod Gait (Level 1): You add +1 to your speed.  When you run, add a further +3 to your speed intead of +2. 
Saurian Critical (Level 2 or 6):
When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and shift up to 3 squares away from the target.

Tail Lash  (Saurian Novice)
You saunter away from your attackers, casually knocking them down with your tail.  Oops, you should be more careful.
At-Will 
Bio, Physical
Standard Action                            Melee: 2
Attack: CON + your level vs. REF.
Hit: 1d8 + your CON mod physical damage and the target is knocked prone.  You do not provoke an OA if you move away from the target while it is prone.

Evolutionary Stasis (Saurian Utility)
Your DNA has worked fine for millions of years, why change it now?
Encounter • Bio
Not An Action                            Personal
Trigger:
You experience an Alpha Surge.
Effect:  Instead of discarding and re-drawing one of your mutations, you can 'un-tap' a mutation you have used, regaining use of it again this encounter.

Disemboweling Slash (Saurian Expert)
The large sickle-like claw on your second toe is an unpleasant reminder of your species's bloody origins.  This is what they get for reminding you.
At Will 
• Bio, Physical
Target: One prone creature.
Attack:
Constitution + your level vs. AC
Hit: 2d10 + CON Mod + twice your level physical damage and the target takes 5 ongoing physical damage and is slowed (save ends both).
Miss:  Half damage and no ongoing or slow, but you leap backwards, shifting 3 squares away from the target.

Dark Origins

Illusionist

Shouldn't it be under Psi?

Here's another.

Darkling

Darkling

You are creature of darkness, born of shadow and endless night.  No day-dweller can imagine the depth of your pain, your bleak distorted existance.  Pass the cloves.

Appearance:
  You look like you should really get more sun.  Well, any sun at all, really. 

Mutant Type:
Wisdom; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Stealth checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to Will
One with the Shadows (Level 1):  Anytime you have concealment you gain Resist 5 to all damage.  Well, except Laser damage, which you always have vulnerable 5 to. 
Darkling Critical (Level 2 or 6):
When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and target is overwhelmed with the pointlessness of existance (dazed) until the end of your next turn.

Sneak Attack (Darkling Novice)
It's really not fair to shoot someone in the back.  But, then, if the universe were fair, you wouldn't exist.
At-Will 
Dark, Weapon
Standard Action                            Melee or Ranged: Weapon
Target: One creature that you have concealment, surprise or Combat Advantage against.
Attack:  WIS + level + weapon Acc vs AC
Hit: 
1[W] + WIS + twice your level damage, if you are using a light weapon, inflict +2d6 addtional damage.

My Dark Soul (Darkling Utility)
You plumb the depths of your inner darkness, and share the results of your introspection.
Encounter • Dark
Minor Action                            Personal
Effect:  Discard any of your readied mutations that are not Dark.  Draw from the DM's deck until you've replaced them with Dark mutations.

It Really is That Bad (Darkling Expert)
They think listenning to you is depressing, wait until you get into their heads.
At Will 
• Dark, Psychic
Standard Action                            Range 10
Target: One Bloodied Creature.
Attack:
WIS + your level vs. WILL 
Hit: 2d8 + WIS Mod + twice your level psychic damage, and the target moans so pitiously that its nearest ally makes a basic attack against it to put it out of it's misery.

Hehe, both the Saurian and the Darkling have utility powers that are pretty much idententical to the origins Im working on know. Guess we think alike :P

Dark Origins

Illusionist

I decided that since Dark origins encompass 'Energy that pervades the universe', including energy-keyword based powers, than any Magical origins should probably be Dark.

Dark Origins

Illusionist

I decided that since Dark origins encompass 'Energy that pervades the universe', including energy-keyword based powers, than any Magical origins should probably be Dark.

Illusions are all about messing with the mind. So why is it's origin magic, and not that magic isn't cool but this is supposed to be mainly sci-fi and i think it meant fantasy more as the monster and creatures rather than magic. And maybe there should be that magic was left in some of the alternate dimensions but two or three origins is enough, if not too much.
There could certainly be a 'Mind Deciever' Psi origin that projects illusions into the heads of it's victims.

I can see where Chandrak is going with this.  'Dark' (in spite of the goofy take I did with the Darkling) mutations tap 'Dark Energy' which, like 'Dark Matter,' theoretically exists to make scientists' math work out, even though no one can find evidince to support it (Kinda like Expertise Feats, really).  Dark Energy makes a good sci-fi rationale for something that acts like magic. 

There could certainly be a 'Mind Deciever' Psi origin that projects illusions into the heads of it's victims.

I can see where Chandrak is going with this.  'Dark' (in spite of the goofy take I did with the Darkling) mutations tap 'Dark Energy' which, like 'Dark Matter,' theoretically exists to make scientists' math work out, even though no one can find evidince to support it (Kinda like Expertise Feats, really).  Dark Energy makes a good sci-fi rationale for something that acts like magic. 

Yes, that makes sense however I don't think that is necessary with the Illusionist.

Mind Deciever

Mind Deciever

You project false sensory impressions into the minds of your victims.  It's fun to watch them run around sreaming 'get it off me! get it off me!'  Well, you think it's fun.

Apearance:   You're a slim, neat, attractive mutant.  At least, that's what everyone sees when they look at you.

Mutant Type: CHA; Psi; +2 to Psi overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Interaction checks.
Group Telepathy (Level 1):  All the cool Psi's have it. 
Deciever Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, your target is momentarily 'mindscaped' and stops interacting with the real world, it is stunned until the start of your next turn.

Get It Off Me! (Deciever Novice)
Your victim believes that repulsive creatures - bugs, bats, worms, bunnies, whatever he finds repulsive - are crawling all over him.
At-Will • Psi, Illusion, Psychic
Attack: CHA + your level vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier + your level psychic damage, and the target is slowed until the end of it's next turn.

What Was That? (Deciever Utility)
You project subtle sensory impressions onto the edges of your victim's awareness.
Encounter • Psi, Illusion
Minor Action   Close Burst 10
Effect:   Each enemy in the burst grants combat advantage and takes a -4 penalty to passive perception and insight until the end of your next turn.  If used out of combat, only the passive skill penalty aplies, but the effect lasts long enough for you and each of your allies to make skill a check against the reduced targets.

Nightmare Killer (Deciever Expert)
You bring a fearsome creature from your victim's darkest nightmares into his waking perceptions.  Again, it could be a clown or a bunny - 'fearsome' is so subjective.
Encounter • Psi, Illusion, Psychic
Attack: CHA + your level vs. Will
Hit:  You slide the target your CHA in squares, and the target is Dazed (save ends) until you hit with the secondary attack.  While the target is Dazed make a secondary attack at the start of the target's turn:

Nightmare Killer Attack
Effect:  Before the attack, you slide the target your CHA mod in squares.
Attack: CHA + your level -2  vs. REF (The target does not grant Combat Advantage vs this attack)
Hit:  4d8 + CHA mod + 2x level psychic damage and the target is unconscious (save ends).  He is no longer Dazed and you can no longer make the secondary attack.

Been a bit busy, but heres another. Could use some balance tweaking, probably. It was inspired by the discussion/creation of Gamma and Theta terrain in another thread.

[spoiler=Gamma]

Gamma                            -- By Chandrak
You are infused with the same energy that caused the Big Mistake, causing reality to bend and twist around you.
Mutant Type: Constitution; Dark; +2 to dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Science checks.
Flux Aura (Level 1): Creatures adjacent to you experience an Alpha Flux on a 3 or less. When you roll a 2 or a 3, you may choose to experience an Alpha Flux. If you do, you may not use Flux Shield that turn.
Gamma Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, a random creature within 5 squares (including you) experiences an Alpha Flux.

Gamma Rays (Gamma Novice)
Well, what else did you expect?.
At-Will • Source
Standard Action Range 5
Attack: Con + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 1d8 + Con + Your level radiation damage, and the target’s space becomes Gamma Terrain until the start of your next turn.  

Flux Shield (Gamma Utility)
You have learned to shield yourself in part from unwanted mutations.
Encounter • Source
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You experience an Alpha Flux.
Effect: Choose one of your Alpha Mutations. You do not replace it, and may untap it.  

Warp Reality (Gamma Expert)
You tear open the veil between realities, and the backwash of energy assaults your foes and warps the land around you.
Encounter • Source
Standard Action Close burst 2
Target: All creatures in burst
Hit: 1d10 + Con + your level radiation damage.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of Theta Terrain that lasts until the end of the encounter.
Here's Mutating. Its Utility is the same as Tony's Darkling - not intentional, this was written up before he posted that, but I did replace my text with his, since his was much less wordy than mine was.
Mutating

Mutating                         -- By Chandrak

Mutant Type: Con; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Science checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to Reflex.
Adaptable Body (Level 1): You gain Resist 5 Radiation and Resist 5 Poison.
Mutating Critical (Level 2 or 6): Once per encounter when you score a critical hit, you can use your Biological Warfare power as a free action, even if you’ve used it already this encounter.

Sudden Appendage (Mutating Novice)
You suddenly find yourself possessed of an extra limb. Might as well hit someone with it before its gone again.
At-Will • Source
Standard Action Melee 1
Attack: Con + your level vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + Con + 2x your level physical damage.  

Biological Warfare (Mutating Utility)
Sudden mutations can sometimes give you an edge.
Encounter • Source
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Discard all of your non-Bio Alpha Mutations. Draw from the DM’s deck until you’ve replaced them all with Bio mutations.  

It Wasn’t Slime, It Was Ooze! (Mutating Expert)
You spew forth a disgusting ooze that warps you opponent’s bodies.
Encounter • Source
Standard Action Close Blast 2
Target: All creatures in blast
Hit: The target takes 1d6 + Con + your level radiation damage, and replaces a random mutation with a Bio mutation from the DMs deck. If the target has no mutations, it instead loses a random encounter power.
Pure-Strain Human

Pure Strain Human

You really could be driving to the corner store for a six-pack - in a pickup, with a gunrack.  The Knights of Genetic Purity keep trying to recruit you, which is just wrong on levels they don't even begin to understand. 

Appearance:
  You look more like the 'last living human' on that sci-fi DVD collection that keeps turning up everywhere than any melanin-defficient ubermenchen Engineered 'Human' ever did.  You look a lot like the hero of the famed prophetic DVD 'I' trillogy -  'I'D4, 'I' Robot, 'I' am Legend - too, not to mention that King Martin II that every-other Ancient building's dedicated to.

Mutant Type: 
CHA; none; no overcharge bonus; you have no secondary origin.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Interaction & Conspiracy checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to all Defenses
Genetic Stability (Level 1): You cannot have readied mutations or experience Alpha Surge.  You have resist 5 Radiation - or Resist 10 vs any damage from an effect that also forces an Alpha Surge. 
Survivor (Level 1):
  You start with 15+CON bonus hps and gain +6 hps per level.  You have a +2 to all saving throws, including death saves. 
Resourceful (Level
1): You draw two Omega Tech at the start of the game instead of 1.  Whenever you draw Omega Tech, instead of rolling to see what deck you draw from, draw one card from your deck and one from the DMs and choose the one you want to keep.  You salvage Omega Tech as if you were two levels higher.
Weapon Critical (Level 2 ): When you score a critical hit with a weapon you deal 1[W]+CHA mod extra damage on that attack.
Really Resourceful (Level 4):  You gain a +2 to Omega Charge Checks.  When you run out of ammo, you can make an Omega Charge Check, if you succeed, you still have ammo. 
Tactical Critical (Level 6): When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Uber-Resourceful (Level 8):  You gain a +4 to Omega Charge Checks.  You never run out of ammo - blaze away, cowboy. 

Double Tap  (PSH Novice)
It's rule #2.
At-Will 
Weapon
Standard Action                            Melee or Ranged: Weapon
Requirement:  you must be using a gun.
Attack: Roll two basic attacks against the target with a bonus to hit equal to your CHA mod.
Hit (one attack):  1[W] + (basic attack stat) + level, and you don't use ammo for the second shot.
Hit (both attacks):  2[W] + (basic attack stat) + CHA + 2xlevel.
Miss:  You didn't expend ammo - flip that safety off and try again next round. 

That's not a Knife  (PSH Novice)
Seriously, it's a screwdriver.  Now, this is a knife, like the one that Arthur King drew from the Stone.
At-Will  Weapon
Standard Action
                            Melee or Ranged: Weapon
Requirement:  you must be using an actual purpose-built weapon, made by actual people, for actual people to use for the express purpose of actually killing other actual people.  All guns count, as do combat knives, bayonettes, billy clubs, and the like.  Wallhanger museum replicas, including any & all katana and other crome-plated or stainless steel martial arts weapons do not.
Attack:  Make a basic attack with the weapon.  You have combat advantage for this attack.
Hit:  1[W]+(basic attack stat) + CHA + level damage.
Miss:  You push the target 1 square.  If you were using a gun, you didn't expend ammo. 

You Don't Want to Know  (PSH Utility - level 3)
Where were you hiding that?
Encounter • Weapon
Minor Action                            Personal
Effect:  You draw a one-handed weapon (a 'real' not improvised one) of your choice.  If it is a gun, you have ammunition for it.   You need not have actually had a weapon - or anything, for that matter - in your possession.

One in the Chamber (PSH Utility - level 7)
C'mon baby, just one more little charge, please, you can do it...
Encounter • 
Move Action                            Personal
Effect:  A piece of salvaged Omega Tech in your posession becomes functionally Charged again.  At the end of the encounter it's gone - no Omega Charge check, no salvage. 

Take the Shot (PSH Expert - level 5)
I know I'm in the way, just squeeze the ****ing trigger already.
Encounter 

Standard Action                            Close Burst 20
Target: One ally in burst.
Effect:  
 The ally can make a ranged attack against an enemy adjacent to you or who is affecting you with a power or inflicted a condition on you.  If the ally uses a basic attack, he gains a bonus to hit equal to your CHA modifier.  If he uses a gun, he gains a damage bonus equal to your CHA mod.  If the ally misses, you can choose to give the ally a re-roll, but, if the re-roll hits, you take half damage (but no other effects) from the attack, as well.

Conveniently Enforced Realism (PSH Expert - level 9)
I don't know how it works were you come from, but here on planet Earth, you get shot, you bleed, you die.
Encounter 
• Weapon
Standard Action                            Melee or Ranged: Weapon
Requirement:  you must be using an actual purpose-built weapon, made by actual people, for actual people to use for the express purpose of actually killing other actual people.  All guns count, as do combat knives, bayonettes, billy clubs, and the like.  Wallhanger museum replicas, including any & all katana and other crome-plated or stainless steel martial arts weapons do not.
Target:  One creature.
Attack: 
  Basic weapon attack + your CHA mod.
Hit:  2[W]+(basic attack stat)+CHA+2xlevel, and the target takes 10 ongoing damage until it dies or recieves medical attention (science check DC = your attack roll). 
Miss:  You do not expend this power (or ammo, not that it matters to you at 9th level).

It's cool that we came up with some similar utilities there.  I think the card mechanics really encourage that sort of creativity, they're very easy to work with.

VERY nice job on the Pure Strain Human. I like the humor in it Several of those powers have a great feel to them. I particularly liked One In The Chamber.

Thanks.  This ed of Gamma World really is tickling my funny bone.   I can't seem to do anything for it without at least a dash of humor.   

One of the classic powerful mutations was Light Wave Manipulation, which let you negate lazers, create patches of darkness, and go invisible.  Pretty nuts, really.  I know you're working on 'Radiant' but I just got an idea for a 'Photokinetic' based on that one mutation...

Photokinetic

Photokinetic

Old-timers say you 'have' Light Wave Manipulation.  You don't understand why everyone who can see light can't all 'touch' and 'guide' it the way you do - it's the most natural thing in the world.

Apearance:   You're a bit pale, like you don't get a lot of sun, even though you've always loved playing outside on sunny days.   You have a tendency to stand around watching people as if they couldn't see you.  Often, they can't.

Mutant Type: WIS; Psi; +2 to Psi overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Stealth checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to REF. 
Photonic Flinch (Level 1):  It's like blinking.  You have Resist 15 Laser (or radiant or light or whatever it's called) damage, and can't be blinded by bright light. 
Photonic Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, your target is blinded until the start of your next turn.

Invisibility (Photokinetic Novice)
You bend light comfortably around you, like a concealing cloak or old security blanket.
At-Will • Psi
Standard Action                     Personal
Effect: You are invisible until the end of your next turn.  If you use a Standard Action, Opportunity Action, or Immediate Interrupt before the end of your next turn, you become visible.  While you have Total Concealment, everything has concealment from you while you are invisible.  If you attack while invisible, you become visible, but you gain Combat Advantage (and your target does not have concealment) for that attack.  Unless you succeed on a Stealth check (DC 10+ enemies' highest Perception bonus), other creatures know where you are in combat, even though they can't see you.

Laser Negation (Photokinetic Utility)
Coherent light is a deadly weapon.  Diffuse it even a little, though, and it might as well be a flashlight.
Encounter • Psi
Immediate Interrupt      Close Burst 5
Trigger:  An enemy uses an attack that does laser damage.
Effect:   All your allies share your Resist 15 vs laser damage until the end of your next turn.  If an attack combines laser with other damage types, you and your allies gain a minimum resist 10 vs that attack.

Darkness (Photokinetic Expert)
You cause all matter (including air) in a large area to stop emitting or re-emitting (reflecting) light, plunging it into total darkness.
Encounter • Psi, Illusion, Zone
Standard Action             Area Burst 2 w/in 10
Target: Each creature in burst.
Attack: WIS + your level vs. REF
Hit:  The target is blinded (save ends) after it leaves the area of darkness.
Effect:  You create a zone of complete darkness that lasts until the end of your next turn.  The zone blocks line of sight and grants total concealment to everything inside it.  It also blocks line of effect for any power with the Laser Keyword.  Creatures inside the zone are effectively blind.  Lasers, light sources, and 'photonic technology' (like most Ishtar Tech, but also simple CD/DVD players) within the zone do not function.
Sustain(minor):  
The zone persists, and you may cause it to move 3 up to squares.

BTW, none of this poor sucker's powers do damage...  better hope he doesn't roll 'Doppleganger' or 'Empath,' too.  Oh, man, and it's WIS-based, too, so no gaurantee of meaningful basic attacks.  What was I thinking?

Another inspired by 1e mutations (Sonic Attack, Sound Immitation)

Siren

Siren

Your voice is your glory, able to span the full range of tone, pitch, resonance - and volume.  Did we mention most of your siblings are deaf?

Apearance:   Your appearance isn't much changed by this origin, though you may show some outward signs of your enhanced vocal aparatus, such as a larger mouth or nose, or prominent facial bones.

Mutant Type: CON; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Interaction checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +2 to WILL.  
Mimicry (Level 1):  You can precisely immitate sounds that you hear.  In the case of spoken language, you can generally say anything you want in a convincing impression of another creature.  Otherwise, you just re-produce exact sound, like instant play-back.  When you mimic sonic attack, the results are the same as your Novice Power, below.
Thunderous Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you inflict an extra 1d10 damage and the target is deafened (save ends).

Sonic Attack (Siren Novice)
You release a blast of sound that slams into your enemies like a giant's hand - sraping its nails on a giant's chalkboard.
At-Will • Bio, Sonic
Standard Action                     Close Blast: 
Targets:  Each Creature in blast.
Attack:   CON + level v FORT.
Hit:  1d8 + CON + level sonic damage and the target is pushed 1 sq and deafened until the start of your net turn.

Siren Song (Siren Utility)
See, your voice really can be pleasant, too.
Encounter • Bio, Aura
Minor Action    Close Burst 3
Effect:  You create an aura of pleasant, invigorating song around yourself.  Allies who start their turn in the Aura gain temporary hps equal to 1/2 your level plus your CHA bonus (min 1).  Allies who end their turns in the Aura gain a bonus to one of their saves that round equal to your CON bonus.

The Silent Scream (Siren Expert)
Just as light can be focused into a laser, sound can be focused into a deadly coherent beam.
Encounter • Bio, Sonic, Physical
Standard Action             Ranged 10
Attack: CON + level vs REF.
Hit:  3d8 + CON +2xlevel sonic and physical damage and the target is dazed (save ends).

Pretty nuts, really.  I know you're working on 'Radiant' but I just got an idea for a 'Photokinetic' based on that one mutation...

Hehe np. I liked yours enough that I just scrapped the Radiant one ;P Yours is basically what I was gonna go for anyway, and hadnt gotten around to starting the Radiant one yet, so no harm done.
Played the PSH last night.  Had a blast with him.  The GM loved the flavor of him as well, especially the Will Smith references.

Cheers