Gamma World Character Builder?

44 posts / 0 new
Last post

gw4echargenerator.zzl.org/char_edit.php

I didn't know Puckish made a character generator at the time, but anyway I already mentioned in "To those who've run it..." that this is own little pet project for Gamma World.

The typical formula for positive numbers would be (X - 10)/2 rounded down.  At negative numbers though, this sometimes would turn -1/2 = -0.5 = 0, which would make Conspiracy, Mechanics and Science 0 (stat) + 0 (training) + 1 (level) = 1.  The solution I found out was to make an IF statement, to round up instead of round down when the numbers are negative.

[It's a bug with regards to how fractions and rounding down interact, especially when compared against the Gamma World / D&D mechanics on negative numbers.]

Show

You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what you create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

57047238 wrote:
If you're crossing the street and see a city bus barreling straight toward you with 'GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!' painted across its windshield, you probably won't be reaching for your wallet.
I Don't Always Play Strikers...But When I Do, I Prefer Vampire Stay Thirsty, My Friends
This is what I believe is the spirit of D&D 4E, and my deal breaker for D&D Next: equal opportunities, with distinct specializations, in areas where conflict happens the most often, without having to worry about heavy micromanagement or system mastery. What I hope to be my most useful contributions to the D&D Community: DM Idea: Collaborative Mapping, Classless 4E (homebrew system, that hopefully helps in D&D Next development), Gamma World 7E random character generator (by yours truly), and the Concept of Perfect Imbalance (for D&D Next and other TRPGs in development) Pre-3E D&D should be recognized for what they were: simulation wargames where people could tell stories with The Best Answer to "Why 4E?" Fun vs. Engaging
The typical formula for positive numbers would be (X - 10)/2 rounded down.  At negative numbers though, this sometimes would turn -1/2 = -0.5 = 0, which would make Conspiracy, Mechanics and Science 0 (stat) + 0 (training) + 1 (level) = 1.  The solution I found out was to make an IF statement, to round up instead of round down when the numbers are negative.

An easier solution is [score] / 2 - 5, using integer division. (i.e.: drop fractions without rounding). That way you don't need the if statement.

I fixed a few bugs in the Character Generator ( http://html5.holycow.com/gammaworld/ ).  I do know there was a problem with Will Defense generation when Charisma was higher than Wisdom and that should be fixed now.