Gamma World miniatures?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know if WoTC plans on a line of Gamma World miniatures? 

Even as a "miniatures guy," I'm actually quite content with using the tokens that came with the game, though, in the future, I still may be using actual miniatures on the table for players; there are certainly enough ranges out there to choose from, though finding most of the origins in one line might be difficult.

What is every body else using? Miniatures? (Which range?) Tokens? Making your own tokens? Other? pictures would be great if you'd like to shareSmile
I use D&D Minis line stuff for pretty much anything. Doesn't really matter to me what stuff looks like; I got a ton of them on sale when the Minis game ended and the FLGS in the area put em all on clearance.

Also, it doesnt look like theyll make minis for GW, since each box is gonna come with more tokens.
I doubt it.  They haven't made plans for any specific campaign setting in the past, so it seems unlikely they'll do anything for their one-off game.  One can only hope.

In the meantime, however...
community.wizards.com/flashbackjon/blog/...

Don't count on it.

Gamma World is too small to warrant making minis.
Minis are EXPENSIVE to make, and you need to sell buckets of them to break even.

There simply won't be enough demand for them
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
While I actually prefer the tokens from a purely financial standpoint, there are tons of minis in the classic Heroscape line that fit in with Gamma World quite well.  Various robots, cyborg gorillas, giant snake creatures with arms and metal claws, yeti, werewolves, giant insects, etc... etc...

The bases are little larger than standard, but not that much of a big deal.
http://l81corvette.wordpress.com/
While I actually prefer the tokens from a purely financial standpoint, there are tons of minis in the classic Heroscape line that fit in with Gamma World quite well.  Various robots, cyborg gorillas, giant snake creatures with arms and metal claws, yeti, werewolves, giant insects, etc... etc...

The bases are little larger than standard, but not that much of a big deal.

I'm using Gruts and Marro for Game Day.

Marro especially are awesome.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
I feel like I should be categorizing specific minis by suitability.  Hmm.
Hmm, I hadnt thought of Heroscape. You're right, theres a lot of wierd stuff in thier line. I know someplaces to pick those up pretty cheap, might look into that. Thanks for the idea
I'm using a combination of HeroClix, HorrorClix, Mage Knight, Dreamblade, and Star Wars Minis (Gamorreans=Porkers)  I'm rebasing most everything, and doing minor to major repaints as the minis warrant.  Here's my first batch:

GammaGroup.jpg
GammaGroup2.jpg

I'm working on another batch, including the PC's pickup truck, and an NPC group, the Church of the Blessed Mutation.
Nice! Those minis look fantastic!

I have at least one of EVERYTHING released for Heroscape up until it turned into a D&D line, and it will be nice to see the figs getting more use than just the skirmish game.

In a perfect world, I would like to see Gamma World do so well that they release more "classic" 'scape figures that can double for GW as well.
http://l81corvette.wordpress.com/
If only I had the time (and money) to do that kind of thing.  Great work on those mods!

I'll probably just use tokens, and make my own (since they're cheap and easy to do).
There were actually a line of miniatures for Gamma World back in the 1980's. You can sometimes find some on eBay...

Kerry
I'm using a combination of HeroClix, HorrorClix, Mage Knight, Dreamblade, and Star Wars Minis (Gamorreans=Porkers)  I'm rebasing most everything, and doing minor to major repaints as the minis warrant.  Here's my first batch:

I'm working on another batch, including the PC's pickup truck, and an NPC group, the Church of the Blessed Mutation.

Wow, those are nicely done. I've started to do the same thing, picking up a lot of Mage Knight figures off ebay and buying a bunch of Horror Clix singles from www.miniaturemarket.com. I hadn't planned on repainting, but seeing the above examples, I'm inspired. heh.

I went through the catalog of Mage Knight figures the other day and picked out ones I thought would be good for Gamma World. I haven't looked at Dreamblade and Heroclix yet. I thought about using Gamorreans as the porkers in the Game Day module, but I don't have enough of them.
There were actually a line of miniatures for Gamma World back in the 1980's. You can sometimes find some on eBay...

Kerry

Nobleknight games sells some. 
I've settled on using tokens for the monsters and minions, but will be using the old TSR figures for the player characters. Since finding a bunch of figures to represent the different origin combinations would be difficult and/or expensive, we'll be using the TSR figures mostly as avatars of our characters rather than literal representations.

Eventually, I'll fill out all the baddies using other ranges. 

I meant to ask you. What are you using for the PC's pickup truck?

I was looking into using a 1/48 scale pickup truck model for mine, or something similar, but I'm curious what you were using.
What I think would be cool is if they had them as mix and match minis to go with your origin, it would add another collectability factor.

Gamma World miniature proxies

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

D&D and Star Wars Minis to use for GW

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045

tallyrand,

Love your work, very inspiring and now going to do the same.

Say, where did you get they guy with four arms? With the blue shirt up the back left?

Steam_Bucky 
tallyrand,

Love your work, very inspiring and now going to do the same.

Say, where did you get they guy with four arms? With the blue shirt up the back left?

Steam_Bucky 

That's the Demon Capo from WOTC's Dreamblade line.  His clothes were all grey, but I thought he would look better as a gas station attendant named Carl.