Odd Omissions- Your thoughts?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
What little things did the rulebook leave out that you thought should have been in there?

Bearing in mind that the core book was obviously never intended to be a large tome of death. ;)

For me:

1. A Page 42 equivalent. I think in a setting and genre like GW this table/advice would really have helped out new players/gm's.

2. Helping others in skill check rules. I don't know, but for us rpg's have always been a co-operative game, so leaving out this small thing seemed really odd to us.

Yes, yes i know, i can (and have) just yoink these from my d&d books, but that isn't the point of this thread as not everyone who picks the box up will have access to the other core rulebooks. 

Thoughts? 
Famine in Far-Go comes out next month. It has another 160 page book, which may include all the stuff we're missing
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
1. A Page 42 equivalent. I think in a setting and genre like GW this table/advice would really have helped out new players/gm's.

Wow, this is so true.
I found that some of the alpha/omega cards have key bwords not in the GW rulebook. Charging and consumable are two so far.
I've noticed this as well, I think WotC's assumption is that anyone worth their salt has the 4e books or the Essentials books and therefore has some resource for this.

I think, if this is the case, that's complete BS. It says nowhere that you need any other books to play. Which tells me that they ran out of room and are going to introduce the other rules in the later expansions, or they're going to force people to buy Essentials in order to get the rules.

Either way, not a very good organizational effort put forth by the writers.
I found that some of the alpha/omega cards have key bwords not in the GW rulebook. Charging and consumable are two so far.

Which one has "charging"? I don't have my stuff in front of me.

Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
Consumable is used in a number of places.  I suppose it's pretty self-explanatory.  If you use 'The Patch' or a Grenade, you don't get to roll an Omega Charge Check or salvage it, it's just used up.  Still, there was plenty of room to put that in the Omega Card rules, so it's clearly an oversight.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I've noticed they've left a fair number of things out. Its just another example of shoddy WotC editing, I guess :/ Seriously, they print this thing up like its a standalone, claiming its not a setting and you dont need the other core rulebooks for it, and yet they leave things out.

If they just 'include those rules in the next one', I will be rather put out. That's like saying they released the game half done, but you have to buy the expansion to be able to play.

Which one has "charging"? I don't have my stuff in front of me.

Looking at the "card list" thread no mention of charging there, but I do know that on the Felinoid, its expert power uses the word charging.
The OP on this point mentioned that Charging was a keyword on one of the cards. He must have misspoke.
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
Man, I can't wait for Far-Go.
 That's like saying they released the game half done, but you have to buy the expansion to be able to play.

What stops you from playing right now? Or how a new book would make an old one unsutable to play? 
 That's like saying they released the game half done, but you have to buy the expansion to be able to play.

What stops you from playing right now? Or how a new book would make an old one unsutable to play?

Maybe they will combine the three boxes for the price of just over 3, in a year or two. Laughing

I nart!
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
Maybe they will combine the three boxes for the price of just over 3, in a year or two. Laughing

Now they're getting video games in my tabletop RPG/CCG mixture!  Tongue out