Ripped From The Headlines!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK, so how about a thread where we gather real news stories that just seem to fit into Gamma World... and would make fun adventures.

I'll start with an article about badders (I mean badgers) developing a taste for human flesh...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howa...

Bonus Article: "SOMEWHERE in a laboratory in central Europe, six men are getting beaten up by a robot."

www.news.com.au/technology/punchy-robot-...

What do you have to share?
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
OK, so how about a thread where we gather real news stories that just seem to fit into Gamma World... and would make fun adventures.

I'll start with an article about badders (I mean badgers) developing a taste for human flesh...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howa...

Bonus Article: "SOMEWHERE in a laboratory in central Europe, six men are getting beaten up by a robot."

www.news.com.au/technology/punchy-robot-...

What do you have to share?

I think that the Weekly World News stories would be the best material ideas for this game.  It fits right in with the zaniest.  Batboy the NPC guides PCs to Eran's WMD lab.  The secret WMD laser velicoraptors (based on an actual WWN story).
When the GW background was released in Alternity rules, there was a story about a guy who pee'ed in a river and some carnivorous fish followed the trail back upstream and bit him ... in a very tender part of his anatomy.  This started some speculation on the GW boards of the time: 'Can you make a biological-based seeking weapon?"

Not sure how to work this one, but the year that then-First Lady Hillary Clinton threw out the season-opening first pitch at Wrigley Field, she spent all afternoon casting Hillary Clinton's Baleful Glare all over the ballpark and NOTHING went right for the team that entire year.  Does the new GW have rituals?

Best complements I have yet received:

Show

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (which seems to have faded into that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

My 4e characters:

Show

Active:

LFR Half-elf StarLock8 Gondolin Nightstar

AoA Dwarf Guardian Druid8 Narvik from House Wavir

Character Ready-to-go:

Neverwinter Dwarven Invoker / Heir of Delzoun, worships Silvanus (!) "Truenamer" - speaks Words of Creation

Concepts I'm kicking around:

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC version is going to become a Lamia.  Becauae lichdom is so cliche.

Halfling Tempest Fighter - just because nobody else is doing it

Shifter Beast-o-phile Druid - for Nentir Vale campaign

Not sure how to work this one, but the year that then-First Lady Hillary Clinton threw out the season-opening first pitch at Wrigley Field, she spent all afternoon casting Hillary Clinton's Baleful Glare all over the ballpark and NOTHING went right for the team that entire year.  Does the new GW have rituals?

Eh, actually it looks like she didn't really have much of an effect relative to the rest of their seasons in that decade. 1996 was better than the following year.

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.

When the GW background was released in Alternity rules, there was a story about a guy who pee'ed in a river and some carnivorous fish followed the trail back upstream and bit him ... in a very tender part of his anatomy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!