Support for Gamma World??

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

So I was wondering if there has been any word as far as GW support outside of the two boxed sets that are coming?  Perhaps a tidbit in the magazines or online adventures for download?
I haven't seen any evidence of official support in Dragon, Dungeon, or elsewhere. 

While I suppose anything is possible, I really think that the best support you are going to find is right here on this forum. We've got an Atlas project going, card lists so players can make their own decks, new monsters, new origins and weapon tables... All we need are more adventures.

Well, and more of everything we already have.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I think that if we presume Gamma World is going to be almost entirely fan supported, we won't be disappointed. 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
I was wondering if there has been any word as far as GW support outside of the two boxed sets that are coming?

- D&D Gamma World Expansion Kit: Legion of Gold &
- D&D Gamma World Expansion Kit: Famine in Far-go (as you mentioned)
- Sooner Dead paperback novel
- Booster packs
- Gamma World Game Day adventure: Trouble in Freesboro

... seems like a decent start (compared to other settings). I'm sure there'll be more if the line is successful. Also, DM's could maybe salvage some old stuff, or obtain material from similar worlds.

I expecting that 'official' support beyond what's already been announced will be rather thin on the ground moving forward. For anyone familiar with Games Workshop (the gaming industry's other big 'GW') and their old model of 'side' games like Space Hulk, Mordheim, Necromunda, BFG, Epic, Blood Bowl, etc., I'm guessing that the official support model for Gamma World will follow that model - A few official releases and some supporting articles for about a 6-month period, then basically nothing.

With the simple origin, alpha mutation, and omega tech structure benig the lion's share of character material it'll be really, really easy for us all to add to the pool of resources. Add to that the world / creature / encounter materials that people are already starting to post up, and I think that it should be pretty easy for folks to get some new content for their games.

If we could get a really nice tile set or something, that would be pretty kickass though.
If we could get a really nice tile set or something, that would be pretty kickass though.

That is, indeed, one of the few things I would really want.

Can anyone recommend a good set of post-apocalypse tiles from DriveThruRPG or something? 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
Tiles would be very nice. If not tiles, I'd be happy with a map pack that has like 10 fairly generic poster maps.

I'm not expecting any support beyond the box sets otherwise. GW is too niche to warrant it.

The transplantable monsters are still useful in any case.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
Yeah, some more maps would be a viable aternative to tiles, for me as well. I'm normal a wet-erase vinyl mat kinda guy, but the maps that came with the GW box are just so darned good that I find myself wanting more.

Can anyone recommend a good set of post-apocalypse tiles from DriveThruRPG or something? 

Check out WorldWorks paper terrain:  www.worldworksgames.com

Skeleton Key Games has some "Future" tiles that would work with GW.  Many of their "fantasy" tile can also work in a GW setting.
Wizard's Star Wars Galaxy Tiles are still available on eBay and such places, I picked up two packs and they will compliment the Essentials line.  I got the dungeons and am getting the City set in a couple weeks. As the general tech level of the world has regressed, playing mix and match should work out pretty good.

Also, if you are in a DIY sort of mood, Worldworks has some excelent papercraft building and ground tile options.  I'm probabally going to get several of theirs, especially their Mayhem Destroyed set, and their Interstate set with the Apocalypse options. 
Check out WorldWorks paper terrain:  www.worldworksgames.com

In particular, the (conveniently) brand new Mayhem Destroyed!

For anyone else looking for good maps, check out Critical Locations for d20 Modern.

Modern locations + Christopher West = pure awesomeness.
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
My FLGS mentioned that GW is doing better than he expected. I thinthat we can at least reasonably hope for 2-3 boxed expansions out for next year.
For anyone else looking for good maps, check out Critical Locations for d20 Modern.

Modern locations + Christopher West = pure awesomeness.

Ooh, good call. I just picked that up at RinCon for two bucks!

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

My FLGS mentioned that GW is doing better than he expected. I thinthat we can at least reasonably hope for 2-3 boxed expansions out for next year.

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE......

Here's also hoping there might be another set or 2 of Alpha and Omega cards as well!
prompted by this, I dug through my d20 stuff and lo if there was not a d20 Apocalypse.

Tons of great stuff, including many alternate versions of the apocalypse, monsters, floorplans, organizations, and prestige classes to serve as potential Paragon Paths. 
prompted by this, I dug through my d20 stuff and lo if there was not a d20 Apocalypse.

Tons of great stuff, including many alternate versions of the apocalypse, monsters, floorplans, organizations, and prestige classes to serve as potential Paragon Paths. 

Same here. Also dug up my d20 modern Dark Matter book. Great resource for creating orginizations or remnants of power groups. Also the Places of Power section is good for helping you to incorporate iconic world locations that may have changed or are/were congregating points for survivors.
Sign In to post comments