Omega Tech only attack with ONE stat.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just wondering why regular weapons and key off of 2 different abilities but the Omega tech weapons only key off of ONE stat.  But then when you salvage them they key off both stats.

Also I had one player tonight draw nothing but Alpha Mutations that hit and damaged keyed to the STR stat, but his STR score was a 5 so he could basically never hit with it.  These were drawn from the 2 booster packs he bought to play the game.  Almost half his mutations are practially useless to him.
Because you can pick and choose what you scavenge for normal equipment.
You're digging around for a weapon and find a sledgehammer. Don't like that! Toss it aside and look for something lighter!

But Omega Tech is valuable. It might not be what you want, but BOY is it worth a lot.
If you can't use it, trade it!

Also, you're playing wrong.
There is not a single piece of Omega tech that has an ATTACK roll based on a stat.
They are universally "Level + X vs Defense"

Yeah, you deal less damage for a Str based item, but thats usually a minor factor.

On the other hand, there are ALPHA mutations that have attacks based on stats. But those go away.
This is one incentive behind having your own decks.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!

There is not a single piece of Omega tech that has an ATTACK roll based on a stat.

Palmerkun,

There ARE Omega Tech EXPANSION cards that have attack rolls based on a stat.

This issue, though, I think it going to be part of the randomness of the game.  Player-created decks will resolve this issue.  (I believe that a player can ALWAYS choose to draw from his own Alpha mutations, but might have to draw from the DM's Omega tech.)

To the OP:  Keep in mind that, even if the gear/ability allowed TWO stats, it's possible to still have a character who is bad in BOTH of those stats.
 (I believe that a player can ALWAYS choose to draw from his own Alpha mutations, but might have to draw from the DM's Omega tech.).

According to RAW, players must draw from the GM's Alpha deck whenever that player gets an Alpha Flux.
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List

Palmerkun,

There ARE Omega Tech EXPANSION cards that have attack rolls based on a stat.

Please list these cards.
I just scanned the entire list found at community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Not a single OT that used a stat on attack.
(There is one Alpha Mutation mistakenly on that list that does use a stat, Disintegrating Touch)

They all say Level + 8 vs AC or Level + 6 vs NAD
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!

Palmerkun,

Please list these cards.
I just scanned the entire list found at community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Not a single OT that used a stat on attack.
(There is one Alpha Mutation mistakenly on that list that does use a stat, Disintegrating Touch)

Okay....actually, we're both wrong.

#41. Mandibles
#85. Explosive Pods

But these are Alpha Mutations...not Omega Tech.  When I searched (using Find), I didn't notice that it started again from the beginning of the file.
Okay....actually, we're both wrong.

#41. Mandibles
#85. Explosive Pods

But these are Alpha Mutations...not Omega Tech.

No. I was correct.

On the other hand, there are ALPHA mutations that have attacks based on stats.