GW Community Atlas - Area List so far....

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
The following cities/locales/states have been added to the GW Community Atlas V1.0:

01. Illinois Basin aka "Domain of the Steam Queen" by DoctorComics

02. Door County Peninsula, Wisconsin aka "the Peninsula" by Craedus

03. Las Vegas aka "Vegaz" by BRJN

04. Fort Wayne, Indiana aka "Wayun" by BRJN

05. Colorado by BRJN's friend

06. Ohmaha aka "Ohma" by FlashbackJon

07. "Ton Coliseum" by CaptainBasilicus

08. Denver aka "Denvar" and "Google's Hope" by Greg Bilsand

09. Santa Clara Valley aka "University City" by Tony Vargas

10. San Diego Zoo aka "Prime Nation" by DoctorComics

11. Windsor, Ontario, Canada aka "Wind Soar" by Gilvanblight

12. Tucson, Arizona aka "Two Suns" by Oraibi

For version 1.1 of the atlas:

13. Orlando, Florida aka "Jungles of Or-land" by Voodoodolly

14. Santa Barbara, CA aka "THE BARBARIAN COAST" by grehnhewe

last update: 10/23/10
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
Later this week I'll write up "Two Suns," a.k.a. Tucson, Arizona.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Great!  I look forward to reviewing Two Suns
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
Ohma (Omaha) is still a work in progress, but there ya go.  
Not much to write about my town (Ames, Iowa, home of the Iowa State Cyclones), so I wrote it up as a lake with one feature: ton Coliseum (the ruins of ISU's Hilton Coliseum.) You can find my brief writeup and a basic map of the coliseum here: savageworldsarcadia.blogspot.com/2010/10...

I'm not quite sure how to add this to the wiki group, but I hope it's good enough for the living atlas! Smile
In the process of fleshing out "Flith-adelphia". I'll post more when I have it.

Will be starting to work on "W'peg Matoba" (aka Winnipeg, Manitoba - an area of the mysterious Great White North that lies north of Far-go . . . ) this weekend. Hope to have something posted early next week.  

I look forward to reviewing all work in progesses.

Thanks for the submissions FlashbackJon and Captain Basilicus!
Awesome work!!!

I'll add them to the GW Community Atlas asap
Here's a treatment of a Gamma World campaign setting I never got to use  (BTW, this write-up is from the late 90s (note the WW-style 'glossary') - so, no 'Change' was not picked as a political commentary.):

Universe City

Gamma World setting.

History.

Universe City was preserved from the ravages of Change sometime after the end of the 20th century, sealed beneath of dome of durralloy and provided with an artificial sun, while the world Changed around it.  Then, the Black Years came and world outside Changed a final time.  The Bomb was dropped, civilization was destroyed in an atomic apocalypse and nuclear winter, just as had been feared, even in the 20th century.  But, Universe City survived, carrying with it all the knowledge of the 20th century, preserved and protected forever by the noble Curators. 

In Universe City, only Period knowledge is preserved in writing.  Post-Period history is carried on as oral traditions, both among Curators, and common Citizens and Visitors.  Thus, it can be quite varied.  In general, it is believed that it has been many generations since the Bomb, but that the traditions of Universe City have 'always' been the same.  Many versions of non-Period history claim that there was a period of strife immediately after The Bomb, when the Curators held or siezed power, and other factions were eliminated.  Some illegal movements, such as The Right and The Staff claim to be the heirs of these factions, and rightful rulers of Universe City.

Since Period science is taken as absolute truth, mutations are believed to be invariably negative - the obvious evidence of human and animal mutant Visitors not withstanding. 

Today, Visitors are becoming more and more common, and 'Eclipses' longer and more frequent.

Glossary:

Bomb, The - The descrution of the rest of the world in a nuclear holocaust brought on by the forces of Change.

Change - 'Change' is what destroyed the world.  It is a word that in synonymous with death, but also with the powers of post-20th century technology.  It is a word that evokes dread, fear, horror and wonder.  Though it is used in the oral tradition of the Curators and others, it is primarily uttered as a curse.

Changers - The boodgeymen of the Citizens, Changers are said to apear human, but to alter thier form, as well as being the pawns of the forces of Change which destroyed the rest of the world.  Visitors are often suspected of being Changers, and killed as a result.

Citizens - Persons born or 'naturalized' in Universe City, who are not Curators or Students.  Citizens are gauranteed many rights and freedoms, in accord with Period ideals of democracy, humanity, and the rule of law - such as the right to vote for which of the Curators presides over the city, and the freedom to Emmigrate if they do not wish to obey the Curators.

Constellations, The - Dim patterns that appear on the sky when the Sun is not shining.  They have the traditional names and meanings (preserved in Period astrology texts), but being born 'under' a constellation is a bit more litteral in Universe City.

Curators, The - The qualified leaders of Universe City, educated in the Period ways generation by generation back to the original Preservationists.  All Curators must be Pure Strain Humans (as induced mutations, according to Period science, can only result in genetic deficiency) and Students must complete a long, diverse and rigorous curriculum to join thier ranks. 

Degree - Rank among the Curators.  Curators of the lowest degree are not allowed to marry.  Those of the highest degree may be democratically elected to preside over Universe City.

Democracy - Rule by the people.  The ideal form of Period government, preserved in Universe City through the benevolent guidance and instruction of the Curators.

Drop-Outs - Failed Students, especially those who dare to oppose the Curators.  The Curators often consider them a threat, and the common Citizens are suspicious of the secrets they may know. 

Eclipse - A period of Darkness that occurs when the sun is supposed to be shinning.

Education - Training taken from the Period books, tapes, and compact optical storage disks preverved in Universe City.  All Citizens are expected to avail themselves of their right to a good Education.

Emmigration - Exile from Universe City.  Tantamount to death.

Experience - Knowledge acquired from non-Period sources.  This includes both the oral traditions of the Curators, and any information gleaned from Visitors.

Immigrants - Proper Period term for 'Vistitors.'

Military Service - When neccesary, Citizens are armed with Period weapons and sent Outside to take action against dangerous Changers who may threaten Universe City from without.  Few return. Those that do are often either mutated or just don't live long.  For this reason, as well as Period peace activism, war is very unpopular among the Citizens, who are usually willing to make any required sacrifices to avoid it.

Outside - The rest of the world, or earth, that was destroyed by the Bomb.  A radioactive wasteland.  Also, metaphorically, a hellish afterlife.

Peacemaker - Sidearm carried by the UCPD.  Shaped like a mid-20th-century police revolver, but actually a six-shot stun ray pistol.

Period - Anything of the 20th century - knowledge, language, culture, literature, and artifacts.  Since earth survived the 20th century in pretty good shape, all things that are Period are good.  All things that are not Period are bad - either dangerous harbingers of Change or pathetic decline to the Primitive.

Preservationists, The - The first Curators, and thier outside supporters, who saved Universe City from Change.  Revered with something like religious awe.

Primitive - Anything that would have been recognized in the 20th century as being of the past.  Swords, belief in magic, animal-drawn transportation, etc.  Primitive things and people are to be politely derided and pittied, rather than feared.

Right, The - An outlawed movement among the Citizens, based on forbidden Period knowledge purported to allow the superstition of belief in a higher being, the acquisition of wealth and power by individual Citizens, and the execution of those who are not Right.

"Speedies" - Officers of the UCPD. 

Staff, The - Illegal movement among the Citizens, claiming to have knowledge of the technology of Change, and to be the rightful rulers of Universe City.  Officially, they are said to be servants of the Curators who revolted and were rightfully Emmigrated.  A key legend among them refers to a Staff that can control the Sun.

Students - Citizens accepted by the Curators into a comprehensive program of Education and indoctrination, which leads to the best of them becoming Curators, themselves.

Sun, The - An artificial source of light and heat that daily traverses the sky.  The Sun is assumed to function by nuclear fusion, like the unimaginably larger and more distant star, Sol, which naturally performed the same function for the rest of the earth.

Superstition - Belief in anything outside the realm of 20th century science, history, philosophy and general knowledge.  Belief in gods or magic,  post-20th-century science/history/knowledge, 'Ancients,' 'Mutant Powers,' etc...

Hurish - An outlawed religion, secretly practiced by many Citizens, which purports to believe that the whole of the outside world was not destroyed, and that rescurers from Outside will someday free them from bondage under the Curators, and lead them to a distant paradise, built and perfected by the forces of Change.  For many years the Hurish were merely segregated and oppressed, then, at some point, they were actually outlawed and either 'converted' or Emmigrated.  Also, some Hurish claim to also be a race apart, while for most it is merely a set of beliefs.

Universe City - A living re-creation of the Period (20th century), protected from Change by a durralloy sky (dome), and the efforts of the Preservationists (an SCA-like organization of the Ancients).  So called, because it contains the complete 'universe' of knowledge available to the Period in a single settlement ('city'). 

UCPD - The Universe City Police Department.  Chosen from among the Citizens by the Curators to keep the peace, UCPD officers wear classic mid-20th century police uniforms.  The primary duty of the UCPD is to prevent citizens from harming eachother.  Of course, since any activity that would threaten the Period order of the Curators would bring great harm to all Citizens, preventing and punishing such activities takes up most of thier time.

Visitors - Persons from Outside, mostly radiation-resistant mutants, who have immigrated to Universe City.  They are poor, benighted beings, riddled with Primitive Superstion and bearing dangerous fragmentary non-Period knowledge and technology of Change.  Also called Immigrants.

Wrong, The - An outlawed movement among the Citizens, based on forbidden Period knowledge purported to allow unlimmitted reproductive activity, unfettered equality of access to all resources, and the perpetual imprisonment of those who are not Wrong.

"You See" - A pun on the initials of Universe City, used to preface a statement that is meant to be taken as true.

In addition, most of the common terms in Gamma World - Ancients, Tombs, Artifacts, Domars, etc - are known to the inhabitants of Universe City, via the Visitors.  Generally, though, they are taken as mere Superstition.  Still a Citizen will not be completely at a loss when confronted with them.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Thanks for University City Tony.  I'll add it to the GW Community Atlas asap.
I was going to place Universe City in the middle of a Santa Clara Valley that was reduced to a radiactive wasteland - which requires hand-waving that even the central valley is flooded on the GW map.  But, Universe City could be placed in any ruined college town.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I present "Prime Nation," a society of apes and monkeys living around Mount Shasta.

Because you just can't have a post-apocalyptic world without machine-gun toting apes.

And flying monkeys.

And psychic baboons.

OK, so, I went a little crazy. 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
I like it, DoctorComics!
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Thanks for the submission Doc.  I'll add Prime Nation to the GW Communicty Atlas asap!
Where can one find this community atlas? I found the Gamma World group, and its got 2 location writeups, but certainly didnt find any wiki or anything with the titles.
Once there are a significant amount of submissions I'll put them together and PDF them.  Once that is done I'll have to find a site to host the file.  I'll post the link here when its available.
Once I receive the game I'll put something together for the Central Coast of British Columbia, Canada.
I'll try and draft something up for Edmonton Alberta Canada a.k.a "Deadmonton Hellberta"
Dirty Deeds, DONE DIRT CHEAP!
Once there are a significant amount of submissions I'll put them together and PDF them.

Craedus, this would be a really wonderful thing to have. I might suggest you assemble what we have already into a single document, post it on Google Docs as a .pdf, and then just add to it with new versions when people finish their contributions.

We would not want to run the risk of "waiting for a significant amount of submissions" only to end up never posting anything at all. I'd love to see what everyone has done.

Preferably with a map! 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
While I appreciate the effort to collect, assemble, and redistribute, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest we simply use the wiki for this, so as to better have a "living document" instead of something version'd.

That's just my personal preference, though. 
@ FlashbackJon - My question on the WIKI...Can images be added to it?  If not, that might be the advantage to developing a PDF.

If the community prefers using a WIKI, I can pull the data off of it, when new stuff is added, to make a PDF version with images.

@DoctorComics - I'll put together what I have so far and post a PDF or Google Docs.  I'll try and have it up by the end of the week.
Sweet! Looking forward to it.
I'm starting to develop a GW version of at least part of Disney World, don't even have a good name for it yet. If I get something written up I'll share it.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Doing up hometowns seems like a popular thing to do - I've been thinking of doing up Ludington, Michigan as 'Lud'. Bonus points because one of my friends absolutely adores the Dark Tower series. And familiar places and all that.
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Version 1 of the GW Community Atlas (PDF) is almost ready.  All I have to do is finish the formating and it will be ready!
It's going to take me a while, but my GW campaign is set inside Disneyland (in CA). So if you want to add the Gic Kingdom, Anaheim CA (the letters of Magic Kingdom were destroyed) then feel free!
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
I was going to place Universe City in the middle of a Santa Clara Valley that was reduced to a radiactive wasteland - which requires hand-waving that even the central valley is flooded on the GW map.  But, Universe City could be placed in any ruined college town.

Wait.., I webt to high school in Santa Clara, Ca.  I know Santa Clara the Silicon Valley, Prune Capital of the World.  I lived a 20 minute bus ride from Great America.  Santa Clara the radioactive wasteland..., cool.
I present "Prime Nation," a society of apes and monkeys living around Mount Shasta.

Because you just can't have a post-apocalyptic world without machine-gun toting apes.

And flying monkeys.

And psychic baboons.

OK, so, I went a little crazy. 

machine guntotting apes,flying monkeys and psychic baboons, what would a post apocalyptic world be with out them..,, I shudder to think. 

Thanks that's just what the "doctor" ordered., hehehehehe
I posted this elsewere, but I was trying to contribute to this thread

First off, if any one has better names for things, don't hesitate to suggest them! I kinda ran empty in that department... well, let me know what y'all think ;)

GamaWorld

Jungles of Or-land

Notable generalizations

Most of the Jungles of Or-land (In the State of Floor-ita) is an overgrown jungle. It is chalk full of mutated mosquitoes and the Rampaging “Sons of Albert” :Destructive “Gatormen” of the “Gator Nation” a violent offshoot of the Bonapartists who believe they are the top of the food chain. 

Mutated plants are also quite common, they have large villages populated around Floor-ita and get along well enough with the Sons of Albert.

Notable locations

1)    Bok Tower – The largest town of mutated plants in Floor-ita. The city houses the “Tower of ancient sounds” Sonic relics that are hidden away in the seven level tower. Some say the Plant people have stockpiled enough omega tech in the tower that they could take over the world, If this collection of archivists had any interest in doing so. Non plant folk who intrude on the tower have been known to be found as “fertilizer”.

2)    Big Tree monastery- Located in “Tallwodd” is a mutated plant called “The Senator” he stands over 5,000 feet tall and is almost as old. He speaks telepathically when he bothers to do so, but most of the time stands in quiet contemplation. “Monks of Bok” are noted to travel to big tree on pilgrimages all year long.

3)    Center Dazo- The densest population of mutant animals and plants in the Jungle or Or-land. Dazo is the second largest population of Mutated animals in Floor-ita. They are in constant struggle (and all out war) with the “Gator Nation” for dominance. The Folk of Dazo are Bonapartist, but do not agree with the “sovereignty” of the Sons of Albert.

4)    City of islands- Home to many mutants and pure strains alike, this is a land fractured by beliefs. The “Attendants” patrol the “Tower of Karz” and charge any who wish to trade with or visit the twin cities heavily to gain entrance. Saloons and bordellos border the inner walkway as visitors must make a choice. Ally themselves with the “Universalists” A collection of the brother hood of thought that has taken over what was once a “Team parkk” to the east; or ally themselves with the “Adventureists” a group of Restoratonists who have taken over an adjoining “Team park” to the west.

5)     Kingdoms Arcana- Four kingdoms (The Kingdom of Diz, The Kingdom of Hol, The Kingdom of Epp, and the Kingdom of Ani) make up a bizarre power house in Floor-ita. The Kingdom of Diz is itself broken into many “lands” of different cultures and allowed technologies.

Diz is a city of robots who were permanent smiles and present themselves as overly friendly. The truth is that they spread the rumor that the kingdom is the “Happiest place on earth” to lure in travelers, who they enslave to work various jobs in the kingdoms.

The Kingdom of Hol is populated by mutant archivists who wish to declare war on the Universalists of the city of islands (who used to be an offshoot of the kingdom of Hol before they changed leadership and direction).

The Kingdom of Epp is a multi fractured kingdom of competing ancient cultures that are primarily restoratinists, but cannot agree on what culture should first be restored.

The Kingdom of Ani is populated by refuges of the Dazo-Gator nation wars who wish to be left out of the conflict. They offer themselves to the Kingdoms Arcana as political refuges.

The darkest secret of the Kingdoms is who the robots work for and why the denizens seem to suffer from nightmares. Why they here terrible screams in the late hours. Down in the catacombs that secretly run underneath and connect all the kingdoms are the Knights of Genetic Purity. They allow the Mutants, plants and animals to live above them, observed by the care full watch of hidden cameras. The Knights are collecting data to better reach their goals.

6)    Tasyfly- A large collection of restorationists who are working to reclaim the skies. They have a make shift city floating between hot air balloons in the sky. They have tethered there city to a collection of ancient “hangars” in the jungle. They are happy to trade with anyone who has something of value… and who dare to make the perilous climb to their city in the sky.

7)    Gatorland- A School of combat for the Sons of Albert. Gator land is the second largest city in the Gator nation. As it is farther away from the “civilization” of the Gator Nation, Gatorland has taken to allowing trade with non mutant animals.

8)    Petting Meadows- A small farming community of all types of survivors who have no addenda outside of day to day survival.

9)    Imes Kingdom- The Kingdom of Imes are peopled by a splinter group of restorationists who have found a “guide book to living in the 11th century” and a “script” for a “Dinner and tournament” and decided that is the preferred way of life the ancients had in mind. They have taken to farming the area and are a complete kingdom strait out of the dark ages. There king Alfonso & Queen Inez have been the names banqueted on their rulers as soon as new rulers take the thrown. Imes kingdom is known to heavily employ badders, who they give special privileges to in return for service, and finding (aka: Kidnapping) “Knights” from other villages to compete in there nightly “Tournament”

10) Pirates of Din- The Pirates of din dress and act as classic pirates, instead of roaming the cost, they have a motorized “Pirate ship” on wheels that travels the remaining roads of “EYE FOUR” and claim “EYE DRIVE” as their home territory.  

11) The Odditorium – A pure strain human who calls himself “Robert Ripley” Lives in a house that is built upside down and leads a band of archivists who are sympathetic to the folk of Petting Meadows. The interesting part is that to the north lies the city of “Jak-sons”, it is many miles away, but is also a band of Archivists who are lead by a pure strain human who calls himself “Robert Ripley”.

12) Castel Solomon-   A medieval kingdom that is lead by Bercilak “The Green Knight” a plant mutant who was once a knight in the Kingdom of Imes. Castel Solomon also hosts the “Green chapel” and there relationship with the Bok Tower, as well as its acceptance of modern and omega tech weapons have lead to its ability to maintain its independence. 

13) Sep-World- Home to many an aquatic mutant, large packs of Sep; land born “mole sharks” are known to infest the area. Living in the large aquariums is actually the closest thing to safe in the area. Large shopping lands of the ancient’s scattered around the area are known to hold many valuable secretes and omega tech items.

14) Silver pools- Springs of various sizes have been known across Floor-ita for many years. Since the big mistake, these springs now form a honeycombed watery network beneath the land. A merfolk tribe called the “Wiki-watchers” has been seen in the springs. It is said they know a great deal about the ancients and are willing to answer questions, if someone can bring them something they find valuable enough to trade for.

15)  Downtown- The collapsed city of Or-land is set in the heart of a great jungle. Many mutants and monsters prowl the broken ruins of the past. Beneath the city lies a network of passages that house a small market and many scavenger families. This area is “Downtown” and hard to find items are bartered and repaired for trade in its dingy halls.

16) Burbons- Some small communities lie in outlying areas of Or-land. These are normally small farming villages of 30 people or less. They have their own varying degrees of crazy.

17) Nastar- NAStar lies partially underwater from flooding, but it was a center of activity for the ancient humans and their dealings with advanced technologies. Wondrous technology awaits any who dare brave the cyborgs, robots, and mutated apes who still patrol these lands and call them home. The Knighs of purity are always testing to see if they can steal anything from the well defended compound, but to date have had little success.

18) The Fort of the August court- Located north of the Jungle of Or-land, The August Court is a collection of individuals who have found the fountain of youth and have decided to keep it for themselves. The leader of the court lord Alcazar, a mutated hippopotamus, has reclaimed the age old fort in the area and spread rumors of other “Fountains of youth” in the surrounding areas. All of them traps for would be explorers. Some say that Alcazar is taking his orders from someone else, but the question is… from whom?       

19) Igor City- On the coast lays Igor city. It is a retched hive of scum and slave tracking. The Pirates of din have been known to travel here to sell off any who have gotten in their way. The Andromatronics of Diz have been known to come here to buy slaves at a fair price. Others have found the city a good place to blow off steam or find work. There are no laws and no guard in Igor city, and that’s the way they like it.    

20)  Gator Nation- The Gator nation is the largest organized community in the Jungle of Or-land. It is ruled by the “Sons of Albert” large, mutated Alligators who value martial and physical ability over all others. They tend towards sport to make decisions among themselves. They believe they already rule the rest of Floor-ita, and become angered if pointed out that they do not. The Exploration teams of the Gator nation can be found hunting sport in the jungles of Central Or-land.        

Having just had a sudden flash of inspiration, I may write up something for The Tubes, formerly known as the London Underground. 

Hopefully I'll find time, because with station names like 'Elephant and Castle', the setting practically writes itself! ;)
The Dragon Above - Eberron news and new content for both 3E and 4E. Home of the Eberron Bestiary.
Having just had a sudden flash of inspiration, I may write up something for The Tubes, formerly known as the London Underground. 

Hopefully I'll find time, because with station names like 'Elephant and Castle', the setting practically writes itself! ;)

It does indeed. Would love to see this.

Please put in a teleport gate to someplace in the States, so our Yankee mutants can get to the Tubes without flying across the Atlantic.
As Houston is now underwater (according to the 1e map linked in the other thread), I will be be writing up the Huzton Islands.
I'm working on an entire Gamma Florida.

It starts with the Empire of EPCOT and expands to the Tomb of Disney down to Gator Town, the Pirates of Miami, etc.

I'm tinkering on the Daytona Deathraces, etc.

Wait.., I webt to high school in Santa Clara, Ca.  I know Santa Clara the Silicon Valley, Prune Capital of the World.  I lived a 20 minute bus ride from Great America.  Santa Clara the radioactive wasteland..., cool.

It hasn't been 'Prune Valley' in a long time, though there were still a few tired old abandoned orchards here and there when I was a kid. So, were you driven out by the high cost of living (like most of my gamer friends over the years) or are you still in the area?

If you're familiar with downtown San Jose, SJ is a college town, and the college (SJSU) is right in downtown, on the blocks bordered by 4th, Santa Clara, San Fernando, and 10th.  The future history of Universe City (which you can prettymuch figure out reading between the lines of the setting information) is that SJ was being built up into a cyberpunk-style archology and SJSU was sealed off from the rest of the lightless 'undercity' by a perservationist/historical-re-enactment society (like the SCA but for the 20th century instead of the middle ages).  When the apocalypse came, the archology was nuked to radioactive slag, but the durralloy dome of the historical preserve held - trapping the re-enactors, their support crew, and a bunch of unfortunate tourists down there for a century or two...

Like I said, though, it works for any college town. 

Craedus:  great idea for a project and a thread.  I would very much like to submit my Gamma World take on the city and area I live in, Santa Barbara California.

THE BARBARIAN COAST (Santa Barbara, Ca and surrounding areas- a work in progress)

The following locations, settlements and sites are found within the Barbarian Coast:

Barb Hook: The flooded remains of the city of Santa Barbara, now something of a pirate town.  Barb Hook is ruled from the Cito Dell (The Montecito Country Club)

The Bloody Ocean: The red tide contaminated waters of the Santa Barbara Channel/Pacific Ocean.

Bandon: The areas surrounding Pt. Conception, including Vanburn crater (Vandenberg AFB) and the village of Poke (Lompoc)

The Bastards
: A low mountain range that separates the Barbarian Coast from whatever Los Angeles has become.

The Bake: This portion of the central valley is a vast desert that includes the smoke-belching, porker town of Bacon (Bakersfield). 

The Charnel Islands: The Channel Islands are now populated by Bloody Cannibals. 

Dillo and Hoj: western towns that exist on the sites of Camarillo and Ojai respectively.

Fiver and the One Road: the remains of highway five and highway one

Macron: This fortified town on the site of the Reagan Ranch is now home to the McKnights who have confused the personas of Ronald McDonald and Ronald Reagan.  A cross between the Restorationists and Knights of Genetic Purity, the McKnights seek Raygun and McRonald artifacts. 

The Pardners: The Los Padres National Forest and mountains may have been the reason some areas of the Barbarian Coast were spared some effects of the great disaster.

The River Syn: the toxic Santa Ynez river. 

Samaria: The Santa Maria valley has become something of a meso-american/sumerian mini-empire, inlcuding the ziggurat of Sumar.  The most dangerous of their warriors are known as Good Samaritans.

Slimee: this slimy valley (Simi Valley) is said to hold the Lost Shrine of Raygun (The Reagan Museum.)

Soyl: the Santa Ynez valley is now overrun with hoops, including the town of Loso (Los Olivos)

Stork Island and the Raython Swamp: once the site of UCSB and the Raytheon research/developement facility.

Ventox: the toxic remains of the cities of Ventura and Oxnard.    

Whymee: a ruined version of Port Hueneme Naval Base.

Thanks for your consideration- grehnewe
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie

I also like hearing about a Gamma World version of Santa Clara.  I group up in Saratoga in south San Jose, and I am very familiar with the area.  I do not remember prunes so much, but my house was surrounded by apricot orchards.  I also went to Great America several times when I was a kid.
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
Cool.  I've actually set my old Gamma World games in 'The Valley of Hyodee,' which is home to the mutated-human village of the same name and the awesome ancient ruin of Lect City.  It's just the other side of an ancient roadway from the radioactive wasteland that was once the Santa Clara Valley, where strange lights glow at night (the tortured ghosts of the ancients, no doubt), and the glint of their fallen durralloy 'tombs' can be seen durring the day.  As you skirt the southern edge of the wastes, you can follow one of the fragmentary durralloy highways past the Eye-Bem ruins through the valley of Madden (watch out for zeeth) to the villages of Sona and Togo then into the Gren-inhabbited redwood-forested hills... just steer clear of the stunted woods of 'The Cresh,' even the Gren who go there never return...

Craedus:  great idea for a project and a thread.  I would very much like to submit my Gamma World take on the city and area I live in, Santa Barbara California.

THE BARBARIAN COAST (Santa Barbara, Ca and surrounding areas- a work in progress)

The following locations, settlements and sites are found within the Barbarian Coast:

Barb Hook: The flooded remains of the city of Santa Barbara, now something of a pirate town.  Barb Hook is ruled from the Cito Dell (The Montecito Country Club)

The Bloody Ocean: The red tide contaminated waters of the Santa Barbara Channel/Pacific Ocean.

Bandon: The areas surrounding Pt. Conception, including Vanburn crater (Vandenberg AFB) and the village of Poke (Lompoc)

The Bastards
: A low mountain range that separates the Barbarian Coast from whatever Los Angeles has become.

The Bake: This portion of the central valley is a vast desert that includes the smoke-belching, porker town of Bacon (Bakersfield). 

The Charnel Islands: The Channel Islands are now populated by Bloody Cannibals. 

Dillo and Hoj: western towns that exist on the sites of Camarillo and Ojai respectively.

Fiver and the One Road: the remains of highway five and highway one

Macron: This fortified town on the site of the Reagan Ranch is now home to the McKnights who have confused the personas of Ronald McDonald and Ronald Reagan.  A cross between the Restorationists and Knights of Genetic Purity, the McKnights seek Raygun and McRonald artifacts. 

The Pardners: The Los Padres National Forest and mountains may have been the reason some areas of the Barbarian Coast were spared some effects of the great disaster.

The River Syn: the toxic Santa Ynez river. 

Samaria: The Santa Maria valley has become something of a meso-american/sumerian mini-empire, inlcuding the ziggurat of Sumar.  The most dangerous of their warriors are known as Good Samaritans.

Slimee: this slimy valley (Simi Valley) is said to hold the Lost Shrine of Raygun (The Reagan Museum.)

Soyl: the Santa Ynez valley is now overrun with hoops, including the town of Loso (Los Olivos)

Stork Island and the Raython Swamp: once the site of UCSB and the Raytheon research/developement facility.

Ventox: the toxic remains of the cities of Ventura and Oxnard.    

Whymee: a ruined version of Port Hueneme Naval Base.

Thanks for your consideration- grehnewe

Thanks for the submission!  I'll add it to the nect version of the GW Community Atlas

Thanks for the submission!  I'll add it to the nect version of the GW Community Atlas

Thank You!
So where's this pdf then?..
nevermind I found, and now that I have seen it. I don't want it anymore. :P