FLGS BLOWN OFF for GW Game Day!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey WotC,

My FLGS Rivendell Books and Games has been trying to contact you for some time to do the GW Games Day adventure, as I volunteered my own time to spread the irradiated joy to new players. 

However, no one will call him back despite numerous calls to his WotC rep.  What gives?  Why are you blowing off a store who wants to participate and generate sales for you?  Rivendell is a sanctioned store, too, if you're wondering.

Help me out here!  Anyone? Yell
You should probably try customer and/or retailer support, not this forum.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

I'd love to run it for my local FLGS but I hear it is too late now.
Have your game store owner contact me. I have an extra copy of the Gamma World Game Day Kit.

Gary Sproul
The Haunted Game Cafe
Fort Collins, CO
(970) 402-2466
ghosts@hauntedgamecafe.com
Games Day Kits need to be ordered a month ahead of time, then kits come 2 weeks before which allows any stores to check supply numbers. If there is something missing then WOTC has time to send them the missing supplies.

This is why FLGSs need to be on top of their game when it comes to WOTC kits, and most are. 
The organizer at my local game store is apparently also having problems with WotC.  I heard that it was something like the FLGS canceled D&D Encounters (because no one was showing up for them, and the ones who did would rather just continue playing Dark Sun), so they weren't going to receive any GW kits, even though there is a lot of GW interest at the store.

I might just end up running the adventure in the back of the GW book, if no game day kit arrives.  Bummer for me and for the players.
Sadly one of our local FLGS had a similiar problem.  Found out they were accidently deleted from the list on a Thursday, by the time the rep called them back on Tusday all the kits were claimed by other stores and they were told they were out of luck. 
We got our kit after all, so I'm looking forward to running a game on 10/23!
Have your game store owner contact me. I have an extra copy of the Gamma World Game Day Kit.

Gary Sproul
The Haunted Game Cafe
Fort Collins, CO
(970) 402-2466
ghosts@hauntedgamecafe.com

Gary, thanks!!!  I just spoke with him and he said he would call you ASAP.  You rock!! 

Best Regards,

Ray De Clercq
Sign In to post comments