Levels 11 - 20

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unless the upcoming expansions offer up an expanded XP chart, I've come up with my own. They're inspired by the Evolutionary Advanced Class in d20 Apocolypse for d20 Modern.

Feel free to give feedback

Level*XP*Bonus

11*13,000*Roll for third origin, Receive Novice powers
12*16,000* 3rd Origin Crit hit benefit
13*20,000* Evolution in Action, 4th Alpha Mutation
14*26,000*3rd Origin Utility Power
15*32,000* Evolution in Action, Take an extra action (Once per Encounter)
16*39,000*3rd Origin Expert Power
17*47,000* Evolution in Action, +1 to lowest stat
18*57,000*Take an extra action (Twice per encounter)/5th Alpha Mutation
19*69,000*+1 to lowest stat, Evolution in Action
20*84,000*2nd Uber Feature

Evolution In Action
Pick among four options:

Recessive Mutations: Take a Move action to turn off an Origin's physiological changes and powers. For as many minutes as your levels, you might pass yourself off as a Pure Strain Human on a causal visual inspection. Other methods of detection can still out you.

Flux Boost: Pick a mutation that gives damage to do an extra 1d10. You can pick this benefit multiple times, but it must be a different mutation every time.

Sensei: Attack rolls and DC for this mutation are at a +1. You can pick this benefit multiple times, but it must be a different mutation every time.

Self-induced Darwism: Replace a current Origin with a new re-rolled Origin. You lose any Evolution in Action benefits on the old Origin. You can't select Self-induced Darwism twice in a row.

Well done. I haven't gotten characters anywhere ready to pass 10th level, but your charts would seem to be pretty well thought though. I'll archive 'em for later. Laughing

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Well done. I haven't gotten characters anywhere ready to pass 10th level, but your charts would seem to be pretty well thought though. I'll archive 'em for later.

Thanks!
I think I would add a rule like:

Salvage +10:  If you are 10 or more levels above a piece of Omega Tech's Salvage Level, you do not need to roll to see if the Omega Charge is depleted, you may keep it as a permanant piece of equipment at it's original power. 

This would add a whole new level to Omega Tech without having to come up with another 10 levels of cards. 
I like the idea, plus it's modular enough that you can add other options. I retooled your inital idea a bit for how I might implement into my campaign.

Evolution in Action:
You have become so in tune with your mutations that you can now partially guide your evolution. Begining at 13th level and each odd level thereafter, you select one evolutionary option from the list below:

Recessive Mutation:  Benefit: Select one of your Origins. You can to suppress that Origin's physiological changes and powers. You gain the Recessive Mutation power for that Origin.

Recessive Mutation     Evolutionary Power
  You are the master of your mutation.
  Encounter Bio, Dark, or Psi *
  Move Action    Personal
  Effect: You are able to suppress the physiological appearance and associated powers of the selected Origin for (level) minutes. To the causal observer you appear as as a Pure Strain Human. While active, this power grants a + 4 bonus to Interaction checks to detect your origin.
  Special: * power type depends on the origin selected

Flux Boost
 Benefit:
Choose one of your origin powers which deals damage. That power deals an extra 1d10 damage.
  Special:
You can take this evolutionary option more than once. Each time you select this option, choose another origin power.

Sensei
  Beneft: Select one of your origin powers that requires an attack roll. You gain a + 1 bonus to attack rolls made with this power, and the target takes a -1 penalty to any saving throws to end effects caused by this power.
  Special: You can take this evolutionary option more than once. Each time you select this option, choose another origin power.

Self-induced Darwinism

Benefit: You can replace one of your current Origins with a new Origin. Roll 1d20 and apply the origin results as normal.
  Special:
Any previously selected evolutionary options applied to powers of the replaced origin do not transfer over to the new origin's powers, they are lost in the evolutionary process. You can't select Self-induced Darwinism twice in a row.
Both posts have solid ideas. I'm just wondering where to put the "Salvage +10" ability.

I also realized that the 3rd Origin needs a attribute boost/minimum. Maybe that number should be 14, just to make things interesting. If you already a 20 in that attribute, reroll.

Sign In to post comments