Using D&D Minis for GW

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I started building up miniatures for a game that has counters - yes I think 3d figures looks better on the map.  So I am curious what others are using, here is what I have found so far and what gaps I have.

Androids - Warforged
Arn = Hellwasp (Against the Giants)
Badder = Gnolls
Blood Bird = I had a real trouble getting an equal for swarm of birds - best I am doing is getting some Reaper Hawk Familiars and painting them red, till then I am going use Imps
Fen = Sahaughin
Gren = probably any D&D archer figure and a druid
Hoop = Now if you know paper miniatures check out www.onemonk.com and look at his post-apocalypic paper miniature series and you will find a rabbit paper miniature there.
Horl Choo - I am going with using Darkmantles as they kind of look like the art.
Kai-Lin = Monitor Lizard
Menarl = Yuan-Ti figures
Obb = I went with Vargouilles
Orlen = Ettins
Parn = Bladespider, Cestial Stag Beetle, and Kthrik
Pokers = Orcs
Guardbots = I hate to say this but I totally see Tau Drones from Games Workshop so you might find some on ebay to pick up some.
Erradicator = Slaughterstone Eviscerator or Blood Golem of Hextor
Sep = Bullette - nuff said
Serf = I am going with two different miniatures for this, like Bith Rebel from Starwars minis and from Reaper Minis the Overlord Master with Tracker 50144
Sleeth = Lizardman
Soul Besh = Hellwasps
Yexil = Owlbears

Nothing yet:
Blaash = I could use Hellwasp, but I am looking for a real moth looking bug
Blight = Large Based worm with wings?   I am thinking Carrion Crawlers, but not sure yet.
Dabber = Mmm racoons?  Perhaps some gnolls in their proxie state.
Terl = mmm flying fish with bird bodies and fish head - really?
There is a Gamma World Minis thread on the Gamma World group. In that thread I suggested Dark Sword Miniatures. They have several humanoid animals including a raccoon perfect for a dabber.

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

Don't forget about using Star Wars minis for Gamma World... I've seen a few that would be useful (okay, a lot) and some stores are selling them cheap now...
Any good website that has pictures of Star Wars Minis?  The one here at Wizards seems to be offline
Blood Bird = I had a real trouble getting an equal for swarm of birds - best I am doing is getting some Reaper Hawk Familiars and painting them red, till then I am going use Imps

If you can find them, I think the Reaper Strige Swarm might work well.
I would go with a manticore or some sort of bat for the Yexil, it's got big flappy batwings.

I've been running 1e gamma world occassioanly, and often use D&D minis - typically the goofy, common minis no one wants.  They rarely 'look right' - but, really, what looks right in GW?

Want to see the best of 4e included in 5e?  Join the Old Guard of 4e.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I would go with a manticore or some sort of bat for the Yexil, it's got big flappy batwings.

I've been running 1e gamma world occassioanly, and often use D&D minis - typically the goofy, common minis no one wants.  They rarely 'look right' - but, really, what looks right in GW?

Yexil is a bit Wyvern shaped. Furry though.

GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045