Adventure Tools Support?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone know if there will be an update to the Adventure Tools so we can create GW monsters using the monster builder without having to make a bunch of post print adjustments?

While I would like a GW specific monster builder, I know it's out of the question. Laughing However, the only real changes that need to be made are minor updates to some of the tables to enable us DMs to make GW creatures. 

Tables to update: 
Keyword
Type: 
Origin: 

I was able to reproduce the Mark 3 robot example pretty darn close. However, had to get creative since the following keywords, types, and origins are not in the monster builder; robot, terrestrial, laser, physical, radiation.  I imagine there are others being introduced as well. Hopefully, this simple update is on the devs radar. 

P.s. would really like the ability to add that bio-hazard icon to my monster stat output.

They've said before that there is no current plan to add Gamma World support to the tools. I should probably add support to my monster builder for it. Of course, I haven't made the monster creation publicly accessible so that won't help you. I was thinking of modifying it to allow anyone to create monsters but not save them. That way people could easily post them here.  My monster creator isn't as refined as the WotC version.

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

I was able to reproduce the Mark 3 robot example pretty darn close. However, had to get creative since the following keywords, types, and origins are not in the monster builder; robot, terrestrial, laser, physical, radiation.  I imagine there are others being introduced as well. Hopefully, this simple update is on the devs radar. 

Yeah. I'd probably map those to these D&D keywords for now:

robot = construct
terrestrial = natural
laser = radiant
physical = weapon? Melee? (not sure of the context)
radiation = necrotic (thought about poison, but that probably exists in GW)
-Sartredes
Good ideas Sartredes. To build on your suggestions,  I've gone through the rulebook and came up with the following list of correlations. 

Origins
* Terrestrial <--> Natural (works for now)
* Extraterrestrial <--> No close match here. Immortal ... native to the Astral Sea -> astral bodies --> stars... you get the idea.
* Extradimensional <--> No close match here. Aberrant seems like a close enough match.

Type: All covered (beast, animate, humanoid)

Keywords: This is where we have to get a bit creative again. 

Creature Keywords: 

* Robot <--> Construct, Warforged, or Living Construct (think I'm going to break this one up)

~ Construct: simple AI like guardbots (Int 10)
    ~ Warforged: more complex AI like the Eradicator (Int 21)
    ~ Living Construct: more huamnlike models i.e. android

* Insect <--> Spider (don't want to use swarm as it implies specific mechanics)

Power Types:  seems only two types from what I've seen, so with that in mind;
 * Psi <--> Spirit
 * Physical <--> Martial

Damage Types: 
Acid <--> same
Cold <--> same
Fear <--> same
Fire <--> same
Force <--> same
Psychic <--> same
Poison <--> same
Necrotic <--> same
Weapon <--> same

* Electricity <--> Lightning 
 * Sonic <--> Thunder
 * Laser <--> Radiant (seems to fit)
 * Radiation <-->  Shadow (it's sneaky like that) 

Note:  I find it ironic that they pulled sonic and electricity from 4e and have to bring it back for GW.  Tongue out
I'd like GW supported just so I can print out monster stat blocks and not have to flip back and forth in the book while DMing. I know I could copy everything down by hand like I did in the 80's but the digital age has made me pretty damn lazy.Tongue out
I'd like GW supported just so I can print out monster stat blocks and not have to flip back and forth in the book while DMing. I know I could copy everything down by hand like I did in the 80's but the digital age has made me pretty damn lazy.

I think you'll find that most of us have gone that way ... mind you ... if the tech exists, why not :P
GMT +10 (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ....)
i am sure someone will write an application to do it, WoTC will slap them with a cease and desist order and then copy what they did.

that seems to be their standard operating procedure at this point. 
Everything I post is an opinion, any perceptions you have to the contrary are not my problem. The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog Initiative Tracker for WP7 RPG Dice Calculator for WP7
If you're starting a new creature then don't set the origin or type, leave those blank (important as you can't blank them later if you set it which is why you have to start a new one) and use the keywords field which is user typeable (as in just pick something and then backspace the letters out and type what you want) and put it all there.  It won't be exactly the same because it'll have ()'s around it but it gets around the issue for now. 

Example:

Ed209A       Level 6 Elite
Medium (terrestrial, robot)   XP  500

You can do the same thing with the keywords for powers.  Just pick a standard keyword and then select the text and delete it and add your own for radiation or laser or whatever.