Early release to premier stores?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post

Does anyone know if this is being released early to premier stores, since it's an RPG product?  I know that Ravenloft wasn't, but that was a board game.  I'm hoping GW will be, but on the other hand, it's a box set and not a book.  Anyone know?

WotC Microbless said yes it will be released early to premier stores.

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

He's right. I did. And it will.
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles

He's right. I did. And it will.

Huzzah! My group can't wait to play.

What's a premiere store, and are they listed somewhere?
I second that Huzzah!  Cool

What's a premiere store, and are they listed somewhere?

Short version: They are a hobby gaming store that actively supports and promotes Wizards' game products. For said support and to help to keep the hobby gaming market alive and running, they get to host special events such as pre-release  launches, D&D Encounters, etc. 

It's a great system as it incentives both the retailer to host player events and for the players to come into the store to play the games.  The only downside is when a large number of players routinely don't purchase anything.  So support you local premier store!  Even if it's only a small purchase of say $5-6 here and there. Every little bit helps in these tough times.   Wink

To find a premier store you can try using the store locater: 
ww2.wizards.com/StoreAndEventLocator/

Make sure you have only the D&D checkbox selected to help weed out all the MtG only stores. Then look for all the locations with a blue location indicator. Those are the premier stores. Should help you find a store that's thinking of carrying GW. 

Hope the info helped.
My stores got them in yesterday.  So hopefully, you'll get a chance to buy them soon.
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! My group is eager to play in this famous setting. I played the original way back when and it was a hoot! This wil make a great Halloween gaming session...

Currently playing :: D&D5E :: Numenera by Monte Cook :: Infinity Sci-Fi Miniature Game

So there's no reason for me to feel guilty about getting my copy today? All I have to say is: Let the mutation mayhem begin...
Saw it last night at a Wizard Premiere store. Can't wait.
I bought a copy of the Gamma World Box set (and 2 booster packs) at my LGS today.

One potentially cool thing I noticed thus far: There is what appears to be a unique code on the back of the rulebook.... could this be to unlock a PDF copy or unlock web exclusive content, perhaps in the new web based tools? 
After looking I see that there is a premiere store right down the street from me.  I'll be heading there bright and early to see if they have a copy of GW left!
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
I played the original way back when

I've been a Mutated Human since 1980.  Tongue out
(although, after helping with my son's biology report, I might change to a mutated ground squirrel)

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

none yet - gotta find a group !

Character Ready-to-go:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood elf Monk1, inspired by "Radar O'Reilley" from M*A*S*H

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

I played the original way back when

I've been a Mutated Human since 1980.  Tongue out
(although, after helping with my son's biology report, I might change to a mutated ground squirrel)

In 1982, I was 9; my 16-year-old baby sitter and her 18-year-old sister asked if I wanted to come over to, "play something called a roleplaying game." Oh boy.

That was my introduction to Gamma World.

Sitting here with my own new, premier copy and a few booster packs! 
Picked mine up today and will be running Gamma World at the Game Day later this month.

I was a little disappointed at the small size of the maps, and after all those beefy Essentials books a mere 160 pages feels slender. But it is all about the fun, and I figure at least I can pack lots of other stuff into that huge empty box. 
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List
I got my box today and I like what I see.  The info is a little limited, but to be fair I already know how to play D&D 4E, so I'll be able to breeze through some of the material.  I wish there were a few more monsters to battle but what the heck, I'll have more room to create what I want.

So far so good, I'm liking the new Gamma World, minus the CCG...
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
Sign In to post comments