My Girl Died, now what?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I posed this question in the week two encounters but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try here.  After you die and come back do you have full hp and healing surges?  I understand she will have a -1 to her attack roles for the rest of the encounters.  Is there any other detrimental effects that she will be subjected to?  Unfortunately, my DM is a little sketchy with rules so I thought I'd get a diffinitve answer before playing.  Thanks.  He starts off very harsh with his rulings until we're almost all dead and then he becomes super lenient to save the encounter.  I've been playing with him for awhile and at the best of times it's challening (in a good way) and at the worst it's frustrating. The last two encounters sessions with the way my DM works were just frustrating and his poor grasp on the rules didn't help.  I know, I should DM one session of encounters BUT with my work schedule I would not be able to make a firm commitment.  Otherwise, I would love to. 
I have really enjoyed the first two encounters and find them better then the first two series of encounters so far.  At least my DM has been able to present it to us better.  We haven't done a lot of roleplaying but we're not really roleplaying guys.  (at least I'm not)  The battles have been difficult but not impossible.  Just the way I like.  Maybe next time I'll be able to contribute to the group.   
Austino's LFR CHARACTERS Ander Darkfoot - 12 - Halfling - Rogue/Daggermaster Miget Lii - 12 - Dragonborn - Paladin/Champion of Order Belfire Ogrecrush - 13 - Dwarf - Weaponmaster/Dreadnaught Dragonheart - 5 - Dragonborn - Sorcerer Shadowflame - 4 - Drow - Assassin Big Daddy - 3 - Goliath - Barbarian Utua - 4 - Shardmind - Artificer Terminator - 1 - Warforged - Barbarian Bladyis - 4 - Elven - Ranger
I don't have my stuff in front of me but from what I recall, its -1 to everything until your next milestone (2 encounters). You do start fresh though again from what I remember.

It is two milestones(ONLY 4 ENCOUNTERS TO 5 ENCOUNTERS[Depending on whether you take an extended rest]). This is the "Raise Dead" Ritual, and even though it is free, it has the same effects: -1 to atk, save, ability, and skill checks. NOT EVERYTHING, JUST THOSE!

Tell your DM to read through the first two pages of the Encounters booklet, as it says it clearly there.

As well, when you die, then gain resurrection, it is as if you have taken an extended rest(you died, generally a good slumber). Thus you regain Daily Powers, Healing Surges, and Hitpoints.

Thank you very much, I will mention it to him but as he is he will probably take my word for it unless he's trying to be difficult again.  In which case I'll do as you said and point him to the first two pages of the Encounters booklet.  I will look up the raise dead ritual as well so I can point that out to him if he has a problem with it.  I appreciate your help.
Austino's LFR CHARACTERS Ander Darkfoot - 12 - Halfling - Rogue/Daggermaster Miget Lii - 12 - Dragonborn - Paladin/Champion of Order Belfire Ogrecrush - 13 - Dwarf - Weaponmaster/Dreadnaught Dragonheart - 5 - Dragonborn - Sorcerer Shadowflame - 4 - Drow - Assassin Big Daddy - 3 - Goliath - Barbarian Utua - 4 - Shardmind - Artificer Terminator - 1 - Warforged - Barbarian Bladyis - 4 - Elven - Ranger
Incase you are still going to read this, please know I was wrong: it is only one milestone. However, the rest can be assumed correct.