Looks like no update for October either

315 posts / 0 new
Last post

October's calendar is up and no update is to be found anywhere in the month, early or otherwise.

They want me to continue to pay for what, exactly?

Looks like that update is still up in the air. They better get it done soon or I think they'll see a lot of subscriptions aren't renewed.
Looks like that update is still up in the air. They better get it done soon or I think they'll see a lot of subscriptions aren't renewed.

Mine runs out today, I think.  Or tomorrow.  It will not be renewed.  They seem to have lost interest in keeping the tools updated.  That's fine.  I have accordingly lost interest in giving them money.  I think that's fair.

Interestingly, group membership for the DDI group went up by something like 600 members since September 15th. I'm wondering if people are signing up, or if people are signing in to the forums to say "I'm really irritated about this!"
They haven´t posted anything in the official thread yet, so i didnt expect a fix date on the calendar either, just keep in mind, that the content listed can allways be modified, so if they have the update ready, they will most likely add an entry to the calendar.
What concearns me more is :

DnDi_Small.pngDRA:Winning Races—Essentials Elf
I thought the classes were the only thing excluvie about essentials, but race specific essentials only contents gives me goosebumps.
D&D Outsider since Nov 18th 2010, if you wonder about the little red dragon, this one is dedicated to the great VT community.
Looks at Content Calendar.

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

Damn you NDA!! You win again!!
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

*Bite nails quietly in the corner, muttering to himself in a similar vein.*
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Really, guys? "Soon?"
If something interesting comes up I might re-subscribe at that point.  Maybe, but right now I am a little ticked.  But I'm not holding my breath and definitely not paying money for this month on the off chance we actually get anything of value.  I've had it up to here with "soon" and definitely am not taking that for an answer regarding the update we should have had last month.

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

Seems to me like the real insiders have this blue lantern below their avatar. Curse you normal insider logo!
D&D Outsider since Nov 18th 2010, if you wonder about the little red dragon, this one is dedicated to the great VT community.
And they enjoy needling us non-insiders. It's great fun!

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

Seems to me like the real insiders have this blue lantern below their avatar. Curse you normal insider logo!

The normal "Insider" logo whould be changed to a mushroom.  It would fit.  They keep us in the dark and feed us Bull...manure.

I'm in the process of seeing if I can get any info about anything to Mudbunny & WolfStar.
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
I love the hoops people have to go through just for simple stuff at WotC.

It's like you have to fill out a form in triplicate and submit it to a review board so they can call a vote of the senior executives who have to ask permission from god. And it must be done twelve weeks in advance.

Thats why theres the no info policy, nobody wants to miss the cover letter on their TPS report. If they do, they'll have five useless executives breathing down their neck.
I'm in the process of seeing if I can get any info about anything to Mudbunny & WolfStar.

I would appreciate it.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but something as simple as "We are planning on doing the update on [Insert date in early October here]" would make me less irritated at the whole deal. 

It's like you have to fill out a form in triplicate and submit it to a review board so they can call a vote of the senior executives who have to ask permission from god. And it must be done twelve weeks in advance.

Thats why theres the no info policy, nobody wants to miss the cover letter on their TPS report. If they do, they'll have five useless executives breathing down their neck.

Dont jump to conclusions, i for myself am happy for any sort of communication, no matter which restrictions there might be, anything is better than no information at all.

It's a corporation. That's exactly what it's like. EXACTLY.

WoTC isn't anything special in that regards.

Here's an example. I'm currently freelancing at a very large consulting firm, that deals in Health Care packages and Work Life style programs and more for Major Corporations (H asbro being one of them). It's clients are often fortune 500 companies.

Every year, one client pays them Millions of dollars to redo all their HR benefit packages so they are up to date, since Health care changes from year to year. I come in an put all the files for the books together. The whole project takes 4 months to do. So in 4 months, this company bills their client 2.3 million dollars for the work on this project.

Nothing moves without written approval. It is not ok to tell me verbally, make a PDF, send to the printer, or anywhere else.

Because every project gets audited eventually. And you have to document eveything. There has to be proof that Communications told Production to make a PDF, or to send to Printer.

If something goes wrong, you need to have your butt covered. When something breaks down, everyone is playing hot potato. It's somewhat understandable when you are dealing with 2.3 million dollars over 4 months, and the client leaving if you screw up.

And yet, someone is always trying to bypass the simple step of a written approval.
And they enjoy needling us non-insiders. It's great fun!

Us??

Needle??

Wolfstar76...Do we needle??
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Just curious but how often do you guys (VCLs) feel like doing this?

I have a feeling that everybody is waiting for this last update to go through, then WotC will see a huge drop in subcribers. I mean really... if everybody has waited this long, they would at least wait till the update comes out. I'm running a darksun campaign and I can't tell you how frustrated we all get because the tools arn't updated. In our group we have 3 subscribers, and all three are going to stop subscribing as soon as the Darksun update comes out.

But WotC has lost its customers respect and trust... and that can't be a good company decision. Really, there needs to be some new management going on.

I do not know what company you work for but the one I am at would be putting out the fires immediately.  Maybe you are self-employed and can ignore your customers or possible your product is mana from heaven.  My customers get attention immediately, they pay the bills Wink.  I have seen the corporate food chain up to and including Presidents get involved around here when customers start complaining.  But, my company is in a highly competitive area (margins are low) so our corporate values are written and adhered to differently.
Your Dungeons & Dragons Insider subscription has recently ended. This could be because your billing information failed to process successfully as an Auto-Renew or because your Manual Renew subscription lapsed. Either way, we wanted to invite you back.

I would appreciate it.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but something as simple as "We are planning on doing the update on [Insert date in early October here]" would make me less irritated at the whole deal. 

The problem is, the last time they did that, and then had to cancel the update, everyone got really mad and lost their minds.

Sometimes its almost like one big joke. "I know something you don't know. I'm going to tell you in a round about way that I know something you don't know, but won't actually say anything."

Kind of like someone saying: "We have cool stuff in the works that we would like to tell you about, but can't. I know our communication track record has been less than stellar, but I'm asking you to just trust us and take it on faith that this cool stuff is worth its wait."

That's not really communication. How about instead of alluding to something, you not say anything until you actually have something. It's apparently worked so far for WOTC why should now be any different?

The problem is, the last time they did that, and then had to cancel the update, everyone got really mad and lost their minds.

The "pissed off customers" ship has sailed, and personally, I think they need to drop that particular excuse.

That's not really communication. How about instead of alluding to something, you not say anything until you actually have something. It's apparently worked so far for WOTC why should now be any different?

That's been my preference on the issue as well. If you're a company rep with nothing to say, say nothing. "I know something you don't know" is...well, duh. Of course you do, you work for them.

The "pissed off customers" ship has sailed, and personally, I think they need to drop that particular excuse. 

They have painted themselves into a corner. No matter what they do from now on, it's gonna make someone mad. Thats cause they didn't handle the problems  when they first occured. Now people are just stewing.

There goes my boat on a sea of rage and discontent, and my subscription with it.

19-t.jpg

Your Dungeons & Dragons Insider subscription has recently ended. This could be because your billing information failed to process successfully as an Auto-Renew or because your Manual Renew subscription lapsed. Either way, we wanted to invite you back.

You guys are jerks.

You are needling people. And even worse, you are doing it in a very sore spot.

Either spill the beans, or stop stirring the stinkpot.

Yes. Thank you. Third grade was a long time ago, WolfStar and Mudbunny. I may have tried to be good natured about it because I don't like internet arguments, but seriously, AsmodeusLore is dead on.

They have painted themselves into a corner. No matter what they do from now on, it's gonna make someone mad. Thats cause they didn't handle the problems  when they first occured. Now people are just stewing.

Thing is, it hasn't sailed yet, people are still saying that they will cancel thier subscription because of it (their right).  Do I think WotC handled it the right way?  No, I don't.  I think Essentials should have been in October, Psionic Power and Dark Sun in September, not all at once.

And if they did say "Update will be October 4th", and then they had to push it back again, people would be up in arms again.

Now people are just stewing.

I like stew.....

95px-Goat_Stew-icon.png

I do not know what company you work for but the one I am at would be putting out the fires immediately.  Maybe you are self-employed and can ignore your customers or possible your product is mana from heaven.  My customers get attention immediately, they pay the bills .  I have seen the corporate food chain up to and including Presidents get involved around here when customers start complaining.  But, my company is in a highly competitive area (margins are low) so our corporate values are written and adhered to differently.

Is your company owned by a much bigger, in charge corporation? That's a big difference right there.

Is it traded on the stock exchange (I wouldn't be surprised if it was, just asking) Becuase that's another factor that often makes a big difference.

How many people does your company employee? Generally when a company starts to get over 100, it starts to get harder to get things done.

And finally, a lot of it depends on what your company does. This company also manages the personal information of it's clients. Like SS# and Financial records.

And while it may sound like what I produce are the books about your benefits they give to employees, it's also spells out the companies liablity. So if it's wrong, it could cost the client millions in dollars.

It's not just a case of losing the client, it's also a case of costing the client millions. And don't think they wouldn't try and find a way to sue this company to get some of that back.

As for me personally? I do quite well freelancing, thank you. However, what I do, such as coloring a comic or doing an illustration isn't on the same level. And my clients seek me out because they like what I can do.
I blame Rich Baker...for...everything.  Especially the Bush Administration.

Now people are just stewing.

I like stew.....

I like this reply!

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

What my colleagues are trying to say is 'sit tight, news is coming'.
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

So no news is news Surprised

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

Would that be "Soon"?
And if they did say "Update will be October 4th", and then they had to push it back again, people would be up in arms again.

Yes, they would, but I dunno - far as I'm concerned, WotC ought to cowboy up and take it and smile the whole time, even if they think the customer is wrong.

I don't know **** about programming, but I do know a little about customer service and - perhaps - unreasonable customers, and I have been there when you can't do anything right. In my experience, turtling isn't the right move.

Looks at NDA.

Looks at NDA.

Shakes Fist

.......soon.
Just curious but how often do you guys (VCLs) feel like doing this?

Well, I should buy stock in whomever makes aspirin.

Now, that being said, release of information coming from a corportion is always tightly controlled and planned. I don't know, WolfStar76 doesn't know and no-one else outside of WotC knows. Whiule I may not agree with the information release plan that they have determined is the policy, I have to accept it, and I work very hard within what is given to me.

Some times, the only choice is between no info from myself or WolfStar76, or posts like I made higher up.
You tell 'em News is coming... and hell's coming with it, you hear?... Hell's coming with it!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ndsXVaPwc&feat...
Is your company owned by a much bigger, in charge corporation? That's a big difference right there.

As a matter of fact we are owned by another company.  And it is a global company....

Is it traded on the stock exchange (I wouldn't be surprised if it was, just asking) Becuase that's another factor that often makes a big difference.

Yes we are.

How many people does your company employee? Generally when a company starts to get over 100, it starts to get harder to get things done.

Counting worldwide employees?  Approximately 5000, and I am not adding those in the company that own us.

And finally, a lot of it depends on what your company does. This company also manages the personal information of it's clients. Like SS# and Financial records.

Funny you should bring that point up, we manage and maintain the employee records or many large corporations and financial institutions; so yes we have SS#s, prolly even yours.  No worries with the checks and SOX compliance there is no way I have access to these records.

And while it may sound like what I produce are the books about your benefits they give to employees, it's also spells out the companies liablity. So if it's wrong, it could cost the client millions in dollars.

Happened here once, during my employment, lost laptop that could have contained PII (personal info) cost the company millions to send out letters, and pay for identity protection.

As for me personally? I do quite well freelancing, thank you. However, what I do, such as coloring a comic or doing an illustration isn't on the same level. And my clients seek me out because they like what I can do.

I bet your clients seek you out in part to the customer service you provide, try ignoring them and see what happens.  And what does your EULA look like ...

So, I have a good idea about customer "pacification" and the need for such things.  I wish I had a quarter for every late night phone call I got from a Sales Rep or Acct Manager to fix an issue.