Going from 2D to 3D Terrain for Encounters

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey Guys,
I wanted to share this project I'm working on right now that deals with having our D&D Encounters using terrain that's 3 dimensional instead of the normal 2D maps.  I'm hoping to use it for the first time in the next encounter and here's what I'm using.

Show

For the streets I'm using Himmerlveil: Streets.
www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?...

For the buildings I'm using Thoumonts TLX.
www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?...

So, tell me what you think.  Perhaps someone else besides me may be interested in giving it a try.

~Will Fuqua

Fantastic.  If I had the time and money...
Nice. how easy are they to assemble?
They look easy to assemble but a real kerfuffle to make
I can't afford that much ink
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
I can't afford that much ink

I would probably use the supplied maps for the "floor" and print out appropriate 3D elements- the buildings in 1-2, frex.

Also- I'll print em out at work XD 
I have a work printer too. But it's B&W only, no cardstock and in a public space, so large amounts of printing stand out.

I get away with printing updated pregens for DDE and the like, but that's it.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
Be nice if I could print everything out at work but first I'd feel guilty and secondly the printers are b&w.  I've been using my printer and using cardstock but unfortunately the prints look a little yellow.  My wife and I talked it over and we're just going to use Kinkos.  They have a 110 lbs. card stock and it's pretty much a buck a page. I've used them in the past for other things and their color is much better than my printer.  

All of this is very expensive, but if I slowly build a collection of these things then it will hopefully be worth it.  I just hope I get all of this done by Wednesday.
Sign In to post comments