9/24/2010 TWTW: "Metalcrafting a Plan for Scars of Mirrodin"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
ooo!limited looks like fun.
That deck seems to have Panic Spellbomb and Trigon of Rage as "creatures" and  
Chrome Steed and Darksteel Sentinel as "other spells". Also Rusted Relic and Glint Hawk Idol have the same problem although they can at least become creatures.
That deck seems to have Panic Spellbomb and Trigon of Rage as "creatures" and  
Chrome Steed and Darksteel Sentinel as "other spells". Also Rusted Relic and Glint Hawk Idol have the same problem although they can at least become creatures.

Yeah, looks like someone switched "artifacts" and "artifact creatures".

EDIT: Question on your Round 3, can he really do that? After combat damage has happened and creatures have died, can he still make you sacrifice "an attacking creature" like that? If this is true I will definitely have to remember this for this weekend..

EDIT: Question on your Round 3, can he really do that? After combat damage has happened and creatures have died, can he still make you sacrifice "an attacking creature" like that? If this is true I will definitely have to remember this for this weekend..

Yep. If you still are in the Combat Phase, any creatures declared as attackers are "attacking creatures". You have two windows of opportunity to cast that spell after damage and that is in the Combat Damage step when you receive priority and then in the End of Combat step when you receive priority.
Manaug.gif | Manawu.gif | Manau.gif | Manaub.gif | Manaur.gif
Screeching Silcaw turned out to be in my top 3 favorite cards. Many thanks for putting it on my map. Milling out you opponents best sealed cards (even if it only happens once) is totally worth it.
Sign In to post comments