9/23/2010 FtL: "Scarified"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I see no reason not to add Birds of Paradise or Prophetic Prism in order to give yourself access to activated abilities of creatures in your opponents' graveyards along with your own.  If a creature with a good activated ability ends up in one of your opponents' graveyards it would be a shame not to be able to use it yourself just because you are sticking with two or three colors.

The older sets have lands you can use that give you access to all colors.  Ancient Ziggurat would be perfect for the purpose.  Rupture Spire or Exotic Orchard would also work.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
I see no reason not to add Birds of Paradise or Prophetic Prism in order to give yourself access to activated abilities of creatures in your opponents' graveyards along with your own.  If a creature with a good activated ability ends up in one of your opponents' graveyards it would be a shame not to be able to use it yourself just because you are sticking with two or three colors.

The older sets have lands you can use that give you access to all colors.  Ancient Ziggurat would be perfect for the purpose.  Rupture Spire or Exotic Orchard would also work.

Unfortunately, Ancient Ziggurat would be useless for this purpose: "Spend this mana only to cast creature spells."
I thought Ancient Ziggurat allowed you to use it for activated abilities of creatures as well.  Too bad, the others would still work though.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
The best infinite combo with Necrotic Ooze and Buried Alive would probably be Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Mogg Fanatic, just because you can get another protective creature along with them. To kill, you simply have to target the ooze with it's own Kiki-Jiki ability (rinse, repeat with the hasty tokens) and then sac the infinite tokens for infinite damage.

Add Earsplitting Rats (yeah, look that one up) in case one of the kill creatures is in your hand, because you can either play it to discard or search it with Buried Alive to discard with Necrotic Ooze. Also, you can regenerate your Ooze to prevent removal from happening. For other discarding purposes, you could also add Putrid Imp.
I plan on making this deck for this simple reason:
Morselhoarder
Devoted Druid
Cathartic Adept or any milling creature

Tap to mill, untap with Druid, remove -1/-1 counter with Morselhoarder - repeat for as many players as you want.  Go.

This works in multiplayer, too, so the only trick is finding a way to get the Ooze to survive.  I'm thinking Makeshift Mannequin since it already plays with things in graveyards, and it gives you other things to do with your Buried Alive in the process.

PS:  I have the cards above, too.  I just need to pick up the Oozes when they come out.