Question about Hagen Pregen?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm new at this and I'm going through the essentials books trying to figure out character creation.
I'm creating a Dwarf Warpriest.
Str 14
Con 16
Dex, Int, 10
Wis 18
Cha 11

He'll use a Warhammer 1d10.

Looking at the Hagen Storm Warpriest Pregen for tonight, I can't figure out how he had +4 vs. AC, basic melee attack. It looks like it should be +3 with weap prof. and str bonus.

Also, How does he get a +7 vs. Fort for Storm Hammer and Blessing of Wrath?
Lastly, how is the +5 Lightning and Thunder calculated. If its a Wis bonus shouldn't it be +4?

They didn't list the feats "for brevity". Hagen has Bludgeon Expertise and Weapon Focus (Mace) which explain the extra to hit and damage (and push on Smite Undead).
I'm betting one of Hagen's feats is Bludgeon Expertise, which explains all the +7s and the +4.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Yes, I am a defender apologist. A Rock and a Hard Place: A Warden Handbook
ok, cool. How about the +5 Lightening and Thunder? His Wis gives him +4...right?

Thanks for the help!
ok, cool. How about the +5 Lightening and Thunder? His Wis gives him +4...right?

Thanks for the help!

Don't have access to the books, but I assumed that Cleric of the Storm was just a flat resist 5 lightning/thunder - independant of stats.
I think he means +5 lightning and thunder damage. As someone mentioned above, his other feat (from human) is weapon focus (mace), which gives a +1 feat bonus to damage with a weapon group.
Ok, that make sense. Thanks!
I'll get it