Alternate Pregens

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
While I was decidely critical of the season two pregens, I was very pleased that they had small personality/history write-ups.  Every table seemed to pick up and use the built-in relationship between Barcan and Phye.  I was disappointed that the season three pregens lacked any sort of connections between the characters. 

So I whipped up an alternate set of pregens.  A couple of them still need a bit of polish (Sarrad, the elf cleric, is very much a work in progress), but I figured I'd post what I have in case anyone else would like some options come week 1.  I should have the lot of them finished by tomorrow evening sometime.
Barring any last-minute "whoops!" discoveries, the set is done and available for download.  If you would prefer to grab the entire block as a .zip file, use this link.

The characters are:
Cinderwillow, Elven Evocation Mage
Gracchus, Human Enchantment Mage
Kazul, Dwarven Storm Cleric
Nettarim, Eladrin Knight
Peska, Halfling Thief
Sarrad, Elven Sun Cleric
Xandra, Human Slayer
Kazul, the Dwarven Storm Cleric, was published from an unfinished file.  My apologies.  The updated version is now available individually (first post) or in the set (second post).
Sarrad just remembered that he's an elf.  The updated sheet with Elven Accuracy has been added above.
I used your Human wizard pre-gen tonight.  Thanks for posting these.  The only thing I found was that I was wishing I had a ranged AOE at will.  I didn't want to use the daily in the first encounter.  You can't have everything especially at 1st level.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I also like how the skills are arrayed under the applicable stat. 
You're welcome!  I enjoy storycrafting -- making sure that each character had hooks in at least two other characters (and was hooked by two other characters) helped breathe a little life in to the party.

I agree with the skill layout - that's the new spread from the Essentials character sheet.  It has a nice aesthetic, and having the skills under the appropriate stat makes calculating stuff on the fly significantly easier.
Thanks for the characters, it saved me a lot of time creating my own! I went a little bit overboard and put your characters in the sanctioned format, just so they didn't look "different" and not get chosen by a new person over the existing ones. Here they are in a PDF format. I used as many pictures as I could, but changed a couple for resolution/size reasons.

www.4shared.com/document/YpssntGT/pregen...

Thanks for the characters, it saved me a lot of time creating my own! I went a little bit overboard and put your characters in the sanctioned format, just so they didn't look "different" and not get chosen by a new person over the existing ones. Here they are in a PDF format. I used as many pictures as I could, but changed a couple for resolution/size reasons.

Those are gorgeous!  Thanks!

One thing - it looks like you used the first set I sent up.  I made a couple of mistakes (corrected since then) - I'd uploaded an early build of Kazul instead of the final, and I'd neglected to add Elven Accuracy to Sarrad's power list.

D'oh! I'll make the changes and have them up in a little bit.

A couple characters are missing dailies.
And I'm pretty sure the image of Sarrad has breasts  (just change the gender listed?).

But otherwise, those are fantastic!  How did you make them?

A couple characters are missing dailies.
And I'm pretty sure the image of Sarrad has breasts  (just change the gender listed?).

But otherwise, those are fantastic!  How did you make them?

I'll be putting the updated sheets up tomorrow afternoon probably.. I just used good old photoshop.
[And I'm pretty sure the image of Sarrad has breasts  (just change the gender listed?).

No, that's actually a male Elf.  Honest. 

He's just very, very pretty.

www.4shared.com/document/cMPdca56/sarrad...

www.4shared.com/document/0XUFvcGF/kazul_...

here are the updated character sheets, sigfile, the profile pics from your gallery were still pretty small.

here are the updated character sheets, sigfile, the profile pics from your gallery were still pretty small.

Thanks for the new files!  Kazul is missing his throwing hammers, though -- the daggers are out, and the RBA has been updated to use the throwing hammers.

Did you happen to click on the "View Full Size Image" link that appears under the pics?  Larger images only appear in a preview format in the galleries.  Smaller images, of course, won't have that link.

These still look awesome.
Sign In to post comments