9/20/2010 Feature: "Scars of Mirrodin Prerelease Primer"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Feature Article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
A nice card, and a fun combat trick, but I don't think it'll be taking the creature protection slot from Vines of Vastwood any time soon.
Nice to see Wurmcoil Engine as the prerelease card.  Now I am even more exited to go to the prerelease than I already was.

Withstand death seems pretty good.  It may be worse than Vines of the Vastwood when dealing with spot removal, but it can keep mass removal, like Day of Judgement, from destroying one of your large or important creatures.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Nice to see Wurmcoil Engine as the prerelease card.  Now I am even more exited to go to the prerelease than I already was.

Withstand death seems pretty good.  It may be worse than Vines of the Vastwood when dealing with spot removal, but it can keep mass removal, like Day of Judgement, from destroying one of your large or important creatures.

Ow! This card could be called a "counter" in this case. One more interesting one green mana instant card added.
I was hoping for this exact card as a white instead of a green. As syrazemyla stated, it might be a bit unneeded given the current batch of green cards in Standard.
Sign In to post comments