Stage One - A Collection of New Builds with Interesting Concepts
This thread will serve as a place to not only house a large collection of new and interesting builds, but to get critique on said builds to make them as optimized as can be. These builds should consist of new ideas, combos people haven't yet thought about, and optimizing aspects of the game few other people care to optimize. Hopefully, this thread can get filled to the brim with new ideas and concepts and serve as a valuable resource to players who want to take their character outside the box, and maybe miles away from it.
In order for this thread to stay organized and easy-to-read, we need some general guidelines for posting builds. These rules are:
1. Make sure your build is at least level 16. I do this to make sure people have a clear-cut path to take in case they wish to play the build. This also gives the concept behind the build ample space to be utilized, while also making the build playable.
2. Either a CB summary or in-depth summary is required. We'll try to keep the basic lists of a couple feats and powers to a minimum here.
3. Respect other people's builds. This isn't to say don't give criticism, but make sure you either contribute to the conversation in a constructive way, or don't contribute at all.
4. Provide a remotely detailed description of what your new idea is/consists of. Sometimes, these new ideas are hard to find by just looking at a CB summary, so an explanation is a must for all builds.
5. Make sure your build is playable for a decent portion of it's career. Sure, a lot of Epic Destinies have really good level 30 features, but in reality, I bet 99% of us haven't gotten there. Please make your builds playable.
6. Do some research before you post. Nobody wants to see outdated builds make reappearnces here.
7. Provide links when able. This lets me just provide a link over posting the whole build, which eliminates some clutter.
8. Respect my right to not include your build within the main posts. I will try to include as many builds as I can in order to have a large list of resources, but if I find your build to be unoriginal or poorly posted, I will most likely tell you so you can fix it, but if you don't fix it, I withhold the right to not include it within the collection of builds.
So, you may be wondering, what exactly makes a build idea unique over the countless other builds that have been posted here on the forums? Well, that leads into a very important argument for this thread:
Unique Builds vs. Unique Concepts
Generally speaking, every build is unique. There's basically no chance in 2 builds being identical, especially as more and more material is released. Now, that being said, that doesn't mean those unique builds are necessarily new. This is the distinction we need to understand to make this thread a valuable resource: just because you made a new build doesn't make the concept any more fresh. So please, try to refrain from posting your builds just because you like them. This thread is designed to gather new ideas about each class, so let's keep it that way.
This thread exists to highlight the latter builds, and not the former. So make sure whatever you are posting is relevant and new, and I'll do what I can to include it in the builds section.
Posting Old Builds and Expanding on Old Ideas
I want to try and avoid posting builds that have been circulating for some time, but there are exceptions. For example, if you posted a build a while ago that has an interesting concept that could go well here, I'll include it in a heartbeat. I'm also completely in favor of posting builds that utilize older concepts but in new and exciting ways. Basically, if your character has an element that makes him fresh and interesting to others, I'll be happy to include it for you.
Special Thanks To:
The Community, for the wonderul resources and support.
Everyone posting on this thread.
Also, if anyone wants to help with the formatting, I'll pm you my user info. Thanks again. Right now I'm having trouble with renaming links, changing font size, and centering the titles and pictures.