Question about Alchemical Oil

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Didn't see the answer searching the forums, and I don't see it specified in the AV.

My question is, if you coat a weapon/ammunition with an oil that an alchemist made does it have a length of time before the oil becomes inert?  Basically, if I coat a dagger with a "Slow-step Oil" does it have to be used in the next few minutes?  Or could it potentially last for hours, even days, until it is consumed on the next attack with the weapon?

I'm trying to see how much prep a rogue could do long before a battle begins.

Any help would be appreciated! 
Didn't see the answer searching the forums, and I don't see it specified in the AV.

My question is, if you coat a weapon/ammunition with an oil that an alchemist made does it have a length of time before the oil becomes inert?  Basically, if I coat a dagger with a "Slow-step Oil" does it have to be used in the next few minutes?  Or could it potentially last for hours, even days, until it is consumed on the next attack with the weapon?

I'm trying to see how much prep a rogue could do long before a battle begins.

Any help would be appreciated! 

I can't find anything in the rules limiting how long the oil can stay on a weapon before it becomes "intert"... you should talk to your DM and let him know what you are thinking about doing and if he is okay with the oil lasting until it is used. If he wants to put a limiter on it, as the DM he is allowed to do so. But as per the rules the oil should stay on there until it's been expended (or removed by some other means).
Sign In to post comments