9/10/2010 TWTW: "Where Are We? I Can't Read This Expedition Map"

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
That is the sound of people all over the globe selling their primeval titans.
That is the sound of people all over the globe selling their primeval titans.

More like the sound of people adding Lightning Bolt or Burst Lightning back into their Titan Ramp decks.

Also, I'm very happy for Mr. Snepvangers. I didn't notice the 66.67% vs. 67% point until I read it...
Jorudan's interface is a bit clunky in my opinion.  Google maps is probably better with a familiar interface.
ojihcterdtfghnmsdg.jpg
Snarling kitteh iz snarling.

*snarl*
Vintage Parfait likes this fellow
Ouch, I hope its symmetry will keep it from appearing too much in legacy Tongue out
Ha, clever title for the article. ^.^

The reveal card is decent, hella easy to kill, but also can be hella annoying. Hopefully will make my Trinket Mages easier to get. (This is great, a bunch of the cards revealed so far just outshine the cards I want, so tourney players will be less likely to buy the ones I want thus leading to more supply of them, and hopefully lower prices.)
This card has only been spoiled for a few hours and I already hate it.  At least 2 mana is going to be easy to come by in artifact decks.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
You had me at "rare dual-land hate". 
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
Looks like I'm gonna have to boot fauna shaman from the extended Grand Architect deck i've been thinking up... though the cursecatchers and aether adepts may be able to take care of him...

It only stops you from using fetchlands.  It doesn't stop you from using other rare dual lands such as Dragonskull Summit.

It can stop you from using Scalding Tarn to search for an Underground Sea.  It won't stop you from using Underground Sea.  So saying that it causes "rare dual-land hate" isn't really true.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

It only stops you from using fetchlands.  It doesn't stop you from using other rare dual lands such as Dragonskull Summit.

It can stop you from using Scalding Tarn to search for an Underground Sea.  It won't stop you from using Underground Sea.  So saying that it causes "rare dual-land hate" isn't really true.

It's still something. And it's the kind of something I've long advocated WOTC should print to keep the have's from totally running over the have-not's when it comes to money-rares.
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013

Fight rares with rares!

Fight rares with rares!

Yes, it would be better at a lower rarity, but as I keep saying, it's at least something; a step in the right direction.
Gadock Teeg, Meddling mage, this, ethersworn cannonist, Linvala

I'm really thinking hard about a prohibition white weenie deck or white splash deck.

Fight rares with rares!

Yes, it would be better at a lower rarity, but as I keep saying, it's at least something; a step in the right direction.

To be honest it's not going to do much about multicolor, although it does hose landfall in Standard. And as fetches aren't really even proxy-duals in Standard, multicolored decks are mostly unaffected by this card and can easily adjust. The fetchlands are pricey in part because other formats use them, and this card will be used in those formats to hose far more than land fetching.

All of the rare duals can be had for $3-5 now. Of course, they're also not very good. It seems the solution WOTC came up with was to make duals at rare that really aren't much better than the ones at uncommon.

What I really like about this card is that it represents a series of incremental Time Walks while you are swinging for two—or more—a turn.

I would love to see them continue the Incremental Blight/Incremental Growth card cycle with Incremental Time Walk.
Sign In to post comments