HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
56269566 wrote:Use this thread to discuss your experiences with D&D Encounters season 2 - Dark Sun.
To make life easier, for this thread, and this thread only, there is no need to put spoilers. However, I expect people using this thread to only bring up specific points if they are discussing it.
Also, please discuss your feelings and thoughts towards D&D Encounters and realize that other people may have had a different experience than you. Your experience does not mean that someone else's contracting experience is wrong, nor does someone else's contrasting experience mean that yours has been invalidated.
See also the thread here and the original thread for Undermountain here.
I am resurrecting the idea of a thread where we can discuss lessons learned. (as originally done by Mudbunny for Season 1 Undermountain)
The purpose is to share perspectives on what worked and what did not work for Season 2. Possible topics:
- What aspects were most and least enjoyed?
- Ordering and reporting process
- Length of the season / Number of chapters
- Kit contents / receiving kits by chapter
- Format/layout of the adventure
- Suitability of the materials to the audience (both player and DM). For example, how suitable it was to new DMs and new players, to 3E players, to returning 1 and 2E players, etc.
- Role-playing level, including story/setting/tone/NPCs/pregen-PC hooks
- Challenge level
- Types of encounters
- Ability of the program to encourage store sales
- Rewards and ease of tracking/awarding rewards
- These forums and both official and unofficial community support aspects
- Official D&D web site integration
- Twitter feeds on Wednesdays
(Note: I am no one official and the official folk should feel free to change any of this thread as needed for their purposes)