How can I make a ninja from Naruto in DND 4e?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
How can I make a ninja from Naruto in DND 4e?

Warden.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Monk/rogue hybrid or multiclass?
Monks have a lot of "magicky" tricks going on, they're really fast and have many "martial arts" attacks.
Rogue for some dagger and shuriken throwing goodness.
You could probably substitute monk with an arcane class, though those are more often than not focused on range attacks.
Oh, and define your character. Ninjas in Naruto are often one-trick ponies, in D&D you may get more versatility.
You don't even need rogue really, monks get a feat to add an extra thrown dagger attack when using flurry.
I wouldn't even point to any one specific class to emulate Naruto ninjas since their skills and specialties are so varied beyond a small subset of common skills (which could easily be turned into a multiclass or theme).

I'd say some up with your concept first, then choose a build that fits.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
I wouldn't even point to any one specific class to emulate Naruto ninjas since their skills and specialties are so varied beyond a small subset of common skills (which could easily be turned into a multiclass or theme).

I'd say some up with your concept first, then choose a build that fits.

Absolutely true!

Someone like rock lee being so tai-jutsu heavy is a martial power source most likely a ranger with unarmed strike as his two-weapon. Kankuro is an artificer with the summoning specialty. Garra of the sand is a earth heart warden with a sand flavoring of most of his powers where needed. Any genjutsu ninja is primarily a master of psychic damage, so psions, illusionist mage and fey/star pact warlocks would do fine.

Why dont you either list the D&D powers and we can justu them for you or list the justu to want and we can D&D them for you.

Well, since there isn't a Ninja class yet to confuse matters, ANYTHING BUT A NINJA!  haha, sorry can't help it, Naruto while I love the anime, they really just aren't ninjas...

Um I do have a point to the post though, honestly really anything class works for a Naruto character considering the broad, and strange powers they have.  But something remotely physical would be best.
Indeed... Naruto has pretty much everything and just slaps the 'ninja' label onto it arbitarily.  So you'd really want to start with a character concept and work from there, becuase I can get your a naruto Ninja with just a bit of refluffing from just about any class.
If you look at the base mechanics of the Naruto world it is pretty obvious that the majority of the "Ninja" rely on internal "Chakra" or "Ki" powers.  This firmly puts them in the "primal" powers group of classes within D&D 4E for the most part.  There are "Chakra" deprived individuals like Rock Lee who focus on "Rage" style feats and straight combat training.  There are certainly alchemists, healers, and summoners as common groups within the Naruto "Ninja" world as well.  You could even point to Jiraya as a combination summoning/bard class (given his penchant for hanging around in bars and writing salatious stories).

Certainly there isn't a reason you couldn't just take any 4E class and "Ninja" up their abilities and weapon choices with the appropriate color text (refering to everything as a Jutsu to start) without changing the mechanics much at all.  You want to play a fighter?  He summons his weapon of choice from a scroll like Temari.  You want to play a shadow rogue controler, there is Shikamaru.

A ranger and his guardian animal - Kiba and Akamaru.

A druid - Shino and his insects.

A healer/medic - Sakura.

A psychic controler - Ino.

The ability to mix and match archetypes makes it pretty easy to cross polinate between the D&D 4E mechanics and the world setting of Naruto.
All right Would anyone have an Idea how to build a Zabuza Momochi like Character in a D&D 3.5e setting? Like what class to be or multiclass in. I want to Just just a regular Katana and have shuriken/Kunai, but I would like the ability to use spells like something like Water Dragon Jutsu. Also, No Homebrew stuff just straight up SRD
I actually did build Zabuza since he is my favorite ninja is pretty easy for me. I saw it based of his weapon and his mobility. I made a couple of builds on him fighter helped me to be able to do his main weapon which i gave him a gretsword, he has as a fighter access to daggers [kunai] and shuriken. i know I made an assassin build as well, i think I hybrid once. it really depends on what you want it to do. Also I picked a lot of specific feats based on how he plays but that was my opinion of how he would be.I have also done the demond brothers and shino. if you want to talk about it just pm and will talk one on one.Always willing to help a Zabuza fan ^.^
Sign In to post comments