Long term value: Noble Hierarch

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey folks,

I've been offered a trade: their Noble Hierarch for my 2 Forbidden Orchards and a Fastbond. The trade values for now are about even, but will the value of the Hierarch drop once it rotates out of standard, or will it stay about the same? The Orchards and Fastbond values won't go anywhere as they're already only legal in the eternal formats (well Fastbond is banned in Legacy too but the point remains).

What do you guys n gals think?

Viperion
NH will see play in Extended for sure as she is just so good. Once time spiral rotates we lose alot of the combo decks and such so she should be good in most agro decks. Also bant will possibly be a good choice depending on Scars.

The other 2 cards arnt that great.
Started to write 2 articles a week on getting ready for GP Toronto were i will be talking about getting ready for sealed. The first one is up so go check it out on PMP post.
Fastbond only sees play by roflers who like breakin' tha roolz.

Hierarch is super good in Extended and Legacy and even some in Vintage. Orchards are super lame.

I would do the trade in a heartbeat.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
NH will see play in Extended for sure as she is just so good. Once time spiral rotates we lose alot of the combo decks and such so she should be good in most agro decks. Also bant will possibly be a good choice depending on Scars.

The other 2 cards arnt that great.

Yeah I know Forbidden Orchard is jank and I don't mind too much flicking them off (although I have very fond memories of a Warp World deck that abused it a it before the rules change about who owns tokens... aah good times ) But that Fastbond is the only one I have and I quite like the idea of building a casual "Land" deck one day.

Of course the Hierarch is a much better card than either of those, I'm just a bit wary that it'll drop from 10 to 5 when Standard rotates

Viperion
Hierarch is easily staying at ten bucks. Take the deal.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
Take the deal, and if you have buyer's remorse, you can literally sell them on ebay for twice what you traded for them.

Photobucket
No, they've dropped to 10 recently. However, I would bet on them rising to $15 if Extended sees regular play and to $20 in about 3 years. Legacy staple, Extended Staple, etc, etc.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.