Started wayyy back with Alpha and Beta. Took a break for 15 years and have just returned less than 1 month ago. Didn´t ever play much with White so decided to give it a chance.
Heres my deck so far – haven´t played yet – just starting getting some of the cards on ebay. All these I have.
4x Kabira Crossroads
x3 Rest of the Weary
X2 Solemn Offering
X2 Invincible Hymn
X3 Guardian Zendikon (defender creature)
X2 Elixir of Immortality
X4 Felidar Sovereign
x3 Ajanis Pridemate
X3 Kor Cartographer
X2 Ondu Cleric
X1 Soul´s Attendant
X1 Soul Warden
x4 Perimeter Captain (defender)
X3 Stalwart Shield-Bearers (defender)
X3 Wall of Omens (defender)
x2 Soulbound Guardians (defender)
x2 Roc Egg (defender)
- Do I need more lands? – Kor Cartographer is in here because he allows another plain to the battlefield when he enters.
- Every spell gives me life. Elixir the artifact gives me life + shuffle graveyard to library = Invincible Hymn should give me a lot of it.
- Perimeter Captain gives all creatures with “defender” +2 life whenever they block = should be able to get life every turn and Stalwart gives +2 toughness to all with defender so most will have toughness of 5 or better – should work great against other creature decks. – are there too many creatures with defender quality??
- Should I instead of so many with defender take more soul warden and attendant?, and isn´t Ondu Cleric better than the two souls? – I mean it appears once he is in play every time I play another creature card I get life for all my allies (example 4 creatures in play – I play him = 5 life, next turn another creature I play = 6 life right? – because that would mean he is much better for me, after all you can´t count on the opponent playing a lot of creatures which is where the Soul´s have their strength.)
- Ajani should sky rocket quickly since everything gives me life and more than once each turn
- I will place 4x Celestial Mantel in here – what should go instead?? – Celestial will double my life total if I can give damage to opponent.
- Felidar is the game winner as 40 life wins it for me.
So there you have it – sort of a gameplan and some thoughts, EVERY THING in here gives me life –please help.
I don´t know if this deck will be to slow and I´ll be hammered before I start getting some serious life. Since I haven´t played a single game in 15+ years 1 question. Whats the average game turn before its finished - 5-10 or 15 turns???
Sideboard: Celestial Purge, tempest of life, safe passage, brave the elements, shieldmate´s blessing,