9/07/2010 SF: "I Like It Too!"

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
In the second deck list, Inundate doesn't seem like a card you'd want to have.  It doesn't play nice with Quicksilver Gargantuan (which copies the color of whatever you're cloning if I'm reading it correctly), Clone (ditto), or Guilded Drake (which you've given to your opponent in exchange for a presumably non-blue creature).  In fact, the only creatures you'll have left that you can actually do anything with are Mulldrifter and Fathom Seer.  The only way these deficiencies don't matter is if your opponent is already playing blue, in which case Inundate is a dead card anyway.
This card is terrible, right? Like...why is this a preview card? Aren't preview cards supposed to make me want to buy the set? This card is all kinds of bad.
Yup, this card is awful. Really awful. And it's mythic... why exactly? I'm not saying all mythics have to be amazing (in fact I wish most weren't), but I'm just not feeling the 'mythic flavor' with this guy. 

To recap: big, prohibitively expensive Clone with no evasion or flavor to speak of.

Next please. 
What I didn't like about it was what would happen if my opponent happened to only have small creatures, like a bunch of Veteran Armorsmiths and Veteran Swordsmiths, or creatures that weren't very impressive in combat, like Goblin Piker or Sylvan Ranger.

I saw the same problem with my shapeshifter tribal deck, which drove me to add jodah's avengers to it.  i'm definitely gonna have to make room for this guy now too, even if my mana curve will hate me even more than it already does.

also awesome, if you copy the gargantuan with something like a clone, they too are 7/7.  not only will i have more of your best creature, mine will be bigger!
This is the happy swamp. Love it. I am red/blue, I think logically and act impulsively.
To recap: big, prohibitively expensive Clone with no evasion or flavor to speak of.

He's a CLONE.  He has as much evasion as whatever the best evasion on the field is.  If there's a 1/1 Aether Figment on the field, this guy is just as unblockable as he is.  If there's a Baneslayer out, this guy's 7/7 Flying, First Strike, Lifelink, etc.

This about it this way.  This guy can be a 7/7 Infect flyer.  This guy can be a pumped Baneslayer.  This guy can be a bigger Rabble-Rouser.  Copy a Kor Duelist and slap a Sword of Vengeance on him and you've got a 9/7 Doublestriking, Trampling, Vigilance dude.  Some of these are unlikely to show up in your average standard duel, but these are just the things I'm thinking of off the top of my head.  I'm sure there's some REALLY ludicrous stuff you can do with him.

There are so many small creatures with great abilities that you can slap a 7/7 body onto, this guy will never be lacking for targets.  Is he on the expensive side?  Yeah, but only because if he were any cheaper he'd be completely busted.

But it's fine.  If everyone wants to ignore him I'll pick up as many copies as I want for $1 and break him in my own way while I wait for someone in the pros to really make him shine.
I doubt he's ever really going to shine in constructed magic.  But he sure seems like he could bring some fun to an EDH game Laughing
Remember not everything in a set is made for standard or limited.

Constructed = No

Limited = No

EDH = hell yes!!!

It is the casual column, after all.

While I agree this card did not belong in the "second day of previews" slot, I think it is rather nifty nonetheless.

Simply stating my personal opinion here:

This would be like playing Vizzerdrix in your deck and hoping that when you play it it won't be a Vizzerdrix...

Aww, I was hoping for something like anti-affinity, where things got /more/ expensive as there were more artifacts on the battlefield. But probably would also get more powerful.
Absolutely agreed. This guy is garbage from the sewers of Ravnica...........
This is actually a really good design. Cloning by itself is a fairly standard mechanic, but this kind of recombinant cloning allows all kinds of possibilities. (Like Quicksilver Elemental.)
Aww, I was hoping for something like anti-affinity, where things got /more/ expensive as there were more artifacts on the battlefield. But probably would also get more powerful.

Like, let me see... Hum of the Radix?

As for the card, nothing against it. Not that's it's really good, but it's not that bad either. The size, cost and effect can explain the Mythic status, although I'd be fine with it at rare.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
The reason this is mythic is probably cloning. Copying things is relatively complex, rules-wise (Though it's conceptually very clean)
People read the column dedicated specifically to casual play, then complain when it previews a casual card. Sheesh.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
My first thought was to combine the Gargantuan with Kjeldoran Skyknight, but I soon realized that a 7-mana creature needs nothing more than it does haste, with trample or evasion a close second.  So I say pack a bunch of Llanowar and Urborg Elves for mana accel, and drop in one of the handful of green haste guys.  Alternatively, try something like Cairn Wanderer.

Much as I want to reward Styborski for mentioning an old chestnut like Ambush Party, Goblin Striker is clearly far superior here.

Important rules question:  Can a Body Double enter play as a Gargantuan from your graveyard which then enters play as something else?
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
Pretty cool.  Not really my cup of tea, but still pretty cool.  
These humans, their imaginations are strong. Kill a thousand men and they will hate you. Kill a million men and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear. Excerpt from Simon Spurrier's Lord of the Night
People are complaining about this card? Looks like they stumbled into an article that wasn't meant for them. I like it. Will it make it into constructed? No, probably not. But people will try, and have fun in the process. And isn't that usually the point of a game? Other than winning, I guess... <.<    >.>
I love it! 7 mana is quite a lot, but it's more splashy this way (than, say, a 5/5 for 5 mana). Pity about being mythic, though.

Important rules question:  Can a Body Double enter play as a Gargantuan from your graveyard which then enters play as something else?

Yes. For the same reason that this ruling on Body Double works:

"If Body Double copies a Vesuvan Shapeshifter which then copies another creature and then is somehow turned face down, the Body Double is now a face-down Vesuvan Shapeshifter and may be turned face up via its Morph ability."

It's a nice idea, I'll give it that.

Slap it into a lockdown deck with frost titans. I dunno. Yeah I guess it's pretty so-so. Nice in limited though.
I enjoy the design of the card if for nothing more than I love the infect mechanic, and so far out of the spoiled cards this one has the potential to be the most 'infectious' as a non-buffed card.

But yes, sadly, if people aren't playing Clone there's not a huge reason more to play this big guy (in standard at least).
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
I understand that there are layering rules, such that Tarmagoyf's P/T would overwrite the 7/7.  However, there's also the "the card text can overwrite anything in the official rules" rule.  So with that in mind, why wouldn't this creature be a 7/7 all the time, with the 7/7 P/T overwriting the original card's characteristic-setting ability?

If this card isn't doing it quite right, how would you template a clone card that has a CSA that trumps all other CSAs on the original card?
Quicksilver Gargantuan has some Johnny potential.  Unfortunately, almost any deck that I could think of building using Quicksilver Gargantuan would be better off using Gigantomancer, and the two don't really play well together.

I understand that there are layering rules, such that Tarmagoyf's P/T would overwrite the 7/7.  However, there's also the "the card text can overwrite anything in the official rules" rule.  So with that in mind, why wouldn't this creature be a 7/7 all the time, with the 7/7 P/T overwriting the original card's characteristic-setting ability?

Quicksilver Gargantuan's ability doesn't modify the rules of the game; it modifies its own characteristics.

If this card isn't doing it quite right, how would you template a clone card that has a CSA that trumps all other CSAs on the original card?

The cleanest way would probably be "You may have CARDNAME enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except that it has "This creature is 7/7"."  (Since it would be granting itself an ability, that ability wouldn't be characteristic-defining, and would be applied in layer 7b.)  The interaction probably wouldn't be worth the extra confusion, though.
Infect is why this guy is mythic.  A 7/7 flyer with infect is worth 7 mana, even if you have to copy someone.  This card could have ridiculous combo potential in this set, but everyone's saying this card is junk after knowing 35 cards in set one of the block.  Think of the possibilities with Venser and this guy.  

infect does not change the awfulness of this card. If this is one of the best cards of the set, no need to see the rest

He got my hopes up with talking about affinity and just when I was exicted and ready to see affinity again he dumps this on me.

I'd probably like the card normaly, it's just I was expecting Qumolox and I got a Clone. The Shapeshifter's nice and all, but it's no Myr Enforcer or Spire Golem.
I've wanted to build a shapeshifter tribal deck (shapeshifters of the Clone or Body Double variety, not the changeling sort) for quite a while, but the main problem is that it would never work against a weenie deck or worse, a creatureless one. 

Well, this doesn't really fix the weenie aggro problem, but it does at least give the deck a chance against creatureless ones.  It also helps answer the age-old question of clone effects: "So what?" Sure, you could get a bargain on mana costs, but ultimately you were playing catch-up with your opponent. Legendary guys aside, playing a clone rarely did anything about your opponent's board position. A 7/7 usually means extra board presence, though, so I'm good on this.

On a side note, though, I'm not really a fan of how expensive the shapeshifter tribal deck is. Most of the creatures are rares. While I understand the reasons for this... I want my crappy decks to at least be cheap!
7/7 blue guy for 7 mana... for me is fairly costed. The clone ability put it in the really nice section.
Probably it need a bit of work to start kicking ass, and probably it will never be terribly powerful being a 7 mana creature, but is certainly a fun card.

Cards it combos well with in Scars of Mirrodin alone: Wurmcoil Engine (for two cards and 13 mana, you get a total of 25/25 power/toughness and deathtouch and lifelink), Ichor Rats (infect, of course), Goblin Gaveleer (trample and +2/+0 for each Equipment on it), Plague Stinger (infect and flying), Skithiryx (flying, infect, and potentially haste and regeneration), and my personal favorite in the past five minutes, Ezuri's Brigade (an 11/11 trampler if you've got three artifacts out).

That's SoM alone. Probably my favorite card overall to combo it with: Giant Solifuge, giving you a 7/7 with trample, haste and shroud. Options from other sets: Archon of Redemption, Skarrgan Pit-Skulk, Skarrgan Skybreaker and Stalking Yeti. And that's just by searching Gatherer for "enters the battlefield" and "power"; there are a ton of other options out there. Bouncing Beebles! Cephalid Inkshrouder! Ferropede!

This probably won't see a lot of Constructed play - so few cards do, and especially few expensive cards - but I won't be too surprised if it does. After all, a 7/7 vanilla creature for seven mana is a little behind the curve, but a 7/7 with any ability of your choice... who knows? However, this is the Serious Fun column, not Limited Information or Top Decks, and this definitely looks like a fun card to me. Too bad it's Mythic; I'd love a playset of them.

Wow, this is a huge splashy creature. I see this being a crazy card in casual reanimated. Take you best creature abilities and stick it on a 7/7 body. Take any small creature that has protection and an evasion and suddenly you have a 7/7 threat. Cairn Wanderer comes out almost twice as big.

What's really cool is that you can pick Shroud and Protection from creatures because it's not targeted.

The drawback is in that massive 7 mana cost, which is why this will only be seen in reanimation or in some land ramp deck. Cards with such crazy abilities have the potential to even be constructed, even with that mana cost, but it'll be limited by the copying environment. If there's a cheap creature with the abilities of a finisher or a small creature with a fair ability tied to it's power and toughness (read Infect here), then this may have hope. If not, then at least this will still be wonky in casual.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107006864516990804523/about

I love Quicksilver Titan's design! It's a very innovative idea. It's too inefficient to be for Spike, but it looks like a homerun for Timmy and Johnny alike : there's a ton of cool things you can combine it with, and it can easily end up crazy powerful and splashy.

As a Rules Advisor, I look forward to the inevitable ton of questions this guy will bring. Some of those questions might be hard to answer with certainty without the FAQ out, but the few extracts Adam had results in a good enough comprehension for me. Simply, it's an incomplete copy effect, a copy effect that copies everything except power and thoughness. The actual, copiable characteristics of the creature, over which layers 2-7 (see the Comprehensive Rules) are applied,  are a power/thoughness of 7/7 and every other charasteristic from the copied creature.
Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A

"If Body Double copies a Vesuvan Shapeshifter which then copies another creature and then is somehow turned face down, the Body Double is now a face-down Vesuvan Shapeshifter and may be turned face up via its Morph ability."

Wow, alright.  In that case, can a Body Double enter play as a Gargantuan from your graveyard which then enters play as a 7/7 Body Double (if it's the only creature on the battlefield, say)?  Or is this a case of replacement abilities being unable to replace themselves?
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi

Wow, alright.  In that case, can a Body Double enter play as a Gargantuan from your graveyard which then enters play as a 7/7 Body Double (if it's the only creature on the battlefield, say)?  Or is this a case of replacement abilities being unable to replace themselves?

You're crossing the streams.  Also, I wish I had good answers for these questions.
Adam Styborski Writer for Serious Fun Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/the_stybs
It's not that complicated, guys. It's a case of a replacement effect that causes another replacement effect to be generated for the same event (the Body Double entering the battlefield). Immediatly after a replacement effect is applied to an event, you must check if other replacement effects can apply to the newly replaced event. If there are multiple replacement effects that could apply at one point in the process, the affected player or the controller of the affected object chooses one to apply. And so on, to end up with what the event actually does. So :

The Body Double would enter the battlefield as its 0/0 self, but you choose have to its own replacement effect change that to enter the battlefield as a copy of a Quicksilver Gargantuan card in a graveyard instead. So now the Body Double-Gargantuan would enter the battlefield as a simple 7/7 Quicksilver Gargantuan, but you can choose for it to enter as a copy of a creature on the battlefield instead.

Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A

This creature is awesome, and exactly what Mythics should be (as opposed to undercosted chase rares which are only "splashy" because they come down a turn too early).  I'm sad because its mythic status will probably cause me to see fewer of them than I would like, but it's still a good mythic.  It will see play in all sorts of casual.  I wonder if Scars of Mirrodin has more creatures like Spikeshot Goblin and Viridian Joiner?

It's also probably a "Win the Game" Limited card, depending upon the speed of the format.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
Simply stating my personal opinion here:

This would be like playing Vizzerdrix in your deck and hoping that when you play it it won't be a Vizzerdrix...

1st vizzerdrix is only a 6/6

2nd unless there are no creatures on the board this card is always going to have a relevant ability. Sometimes that ability will make this guy INSANE... see spikeshot goblin.

3rd as has been mentioned this card is not made for tournament caliber decklists which is why it is being previewed by the casual author and not Mike Flores.

4th think about this card in multiplayer. "I copy your akroma but mine is bigger". "I copy your platinum angel but mine is bigger". "I copy my cytospawn shambler and now I have a 13/13 tap G now it has trample".

Anyway I love this card as a mythic. It's perfect for people who love multiplayer. It's powerful and can be built around to create a deck with great synergy. Maybe he isn't as awesome and upfront about it as inkwell leviathan but in multiplayer games it is likely that this will be the better card. Plus it's one less mythic I have to get 4x of since I'll probably use it as a one of if I use it. I'm all about shifting the power back to the rares like with shards of alara block.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Sign In to post comments