Farbond Spellblade seems to be bugged

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Farbond Spellblade seems to not work right in the Character Builder - I am just building a two-bladed ranger and wanted to get a bit of ranged capability with some melee/ranged powers.
The bug has two parts:
1. As soon as I wield one Farbond Spellblade scimitar - no matter in which hand - all my (magic) scimitars get the "Heavy Thrown" property. I also tried it with bastard swords and longswords.
2. Power Cards and the Attack Workspace now always use the ranged version of the weapon (with melee/ranged powers) using my (inferior) Dex instead of Str. There seems to be no way of telling the attack workspace or power card to use the melee version.

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
"Rule 6: If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. Rule 34: If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun Rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only 'Open Fire!' and 'Time To Reload!'" - from 'The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Pirates'

I have also noticed that with my Farbond Spellblade (Longsword or Broadsword) that the damage dealt for Basic Melee (stregth vs AC) is correct, but the damage dealt for Ranged Melee should be dexterity vs AC (with my dexterity being far worse than my strength) but it again used the same numbers as if it was a Basic Melee.

Sir_Kramer wrote:
I have also noticed that with my Farbond Spellblade (Longsword or Broadsword) that the damage dealt for Basic Melee (stregth vs AC) is correct, but the damage dealt for Ranged Melee should be dexterity vs AC (with my dexterity being far worse than my strength) but it again used the same numbers as if it was a Basic Melee.
Thats because the Farbond Spellblade can be used as a heavy thrown weapon, which use the wielder's Strenght modifier.

Sign In to post comments