DDXP 2011

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
DDXP 2011

Time: Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 8:00am - Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:00pm

Location: Greater Fort Wayne Convention Center, Ft. Wayne, IN

More Info: The biggest and best Official D&D Show anywhere. Keep an eye on www.baldmangames.com/ddxp for more info.
-Sartredes
Thanks for starting the thread.

I've got a sticky request in for it. 
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Does anybody know how much tickets typically cost for this?
Does anybody know how much tickets typically cost for this?

Prices this year will be the same as last year. $20 for a badge (good for the entire show) and $8 per event ticket for normal RPGA events (2-round events cost $16 and the 3-round Epic event (15 hour event) would be $24).

Dave C
Busy DDXP Guy (big website update coming very soon)
That is so much better than I expected. I'm almost certainly going this year then.

Thanks!
That is so much better than I expected. I'm almost certainly going this year then. Thanks!

Some complain (but then again some always do). For $100 you can play 50 hours of D&D, Seminars, and all kinds of good stuff over 4 days. We also have a great dealer/vendor presence with lots of cool stuff to spend what money you have left. Hotels this year are under $100 a night and food is normal prices (most will make multiple trips to King Gyro by shows end).

Add to that Wotc Staff on-site just wandering and answering questions, pick-up games of random games (like Gamma world - which we had running 8 months ago and it is still not out yet), cool seminars, and free wi-fi in the entire convention center just make it to sweet of a deal to pass up.

Hopefully I can unveal some of our new surprises this year over the next month.
(most will make multiple trips to King Gyro by shows end).

Is there any way to get them move King Gyro inside the conventions center? Maybe make room for them in the hall itself? Maybe a vendor cart they can just push from gaming table to gaming table?
That would rock. Like some band...

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Any information to help plan slots would be appreciated.  I look forward to the release of some sort of schedule.  I'm hoping that a rough schedule will be released in October, even if it has something like        Slot 1: Previously unreleased LFR 17-20 Module "A" , Slot 2: Previously unreleased LFR 17-20 Module "B"

I guess I need to be patient and wait, but it is hard when the hardcore groups that are the attendees of DDXP are trying to plan out how many mods they need to run to be at the proper XP total.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and definately coming to DDXP 2011.

See you soon, Wavester.
Subway should also start delivery to the gaming hall.  Maybe setup a cart in the grand hallway between the gaming and the seminars?  Same with King Gyro (since the smell would drive everyone mad with hunger).
Can't wait to attend again. It was a ton of fun this past year.
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!
Any information to help plan slots would be appreciated.  I look forward to the release of some sort of schedule.  I'm hoping that a rough schedule will be released in October, even if it has something like        Slot 1: Previously unreleased LFR 17-20 Module "A" , Slot 2: Previously unreleased LFR 17-20 Module "B"

I guess I need to be patient and wait, but it is hard when the hardcore groups that are the attendees of DDXP are trying to plan out how many mods they need to run to be at the proper XP total.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and definately coming to DDXP 2011.

See you soon, Wavester.

We are almost there on this. The problem (and it is a great one to have) is that when you are running completely new content from start to finish (and some of it things that have never been done before) it just takes a little longer to dot the i's and cross the t's. I want everybody to be excited but at the same time I don't want to bait and switch anybody.

DDXP is going to rock again this year. Trust me.

After 1/2 a month, I think asking for another update is reasonable.  Any idea on a release date for the schedule?
It is completely reasonable.

Right now two things are happening.

1 - a DNS change/website update is happening. That takes a little to propagate out to the interwebs. Hopefully should be done here shortly.

2 - the new website launches and will have a lot information (but not a full schedule yet). The entire framework is done. I am trying to get titles (and more importantly blurbs) into place.

This year we are adding an entirely new campaign launch and some 3rd party special events to the show. So it will be so much more then just an Living Forgotten Realms show.

This year we are adding an entirely new campaign launch and some 3rd party special events to the show. So it will be so much more then just an Living Forgotten Realms show.

Arrr
       r
        r
         r
         r
         g
         h
         !

Now I really dying to see the info..

New campaign launch (drool).
-Sartredes
Woo Hoo! Dark Sun shared world campaign premiering at DDXP!
-Sartredes
Some updates to the offical DDXP site have been made to:

Events, Special guests, Judge sign-up, and the Hotel Block
-Sartredes
Can you provide a little more information on what the DM's Challenge is?
Woo Hoo! Dark Sun shared world campaign premiering at DDXP!

Yeah, I am really happy about this. More info should start coming out in the next few weeks. I am pretty sure everyone will really enjoy this!

Can you provide a little more information on what the DM's Challenge is?

DM's Challenge may be the same as it was run at other events. As it gets closer to con time an announcement is made regarding the level and type of adventure. For example, the one at PAX was to have a certain overall encounter level (or XP budget, I forget), had to have a certain number of traps, and was to be capturing the idea of Tomb of Horrors in terms of devious traps and unexpected encounter types. Judges create the adventure and the PCs and run it. The players rank the judge based on various criteria. The winner gets a massive stack of cool stuff.

Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

FYI, Lots of new info about the convention going up all the time.

1. Gaming Event schedule filled out.

2. Living Forgotten Realms adventure blurbs posted.

3. Classic style events info added.

4. Special guests updated.

-Sartredes
Updates every Monday - Next week we have some AoA goodness, more special guests, our message lists will go live (I hope) so people can sign-up for some automatic updates on future shows (as well as DDXP itself).
The Baldman site has been updated to include the team administering the Ashes of Athas campaign. You will see I am working with some incredible guys on this effort! (As you can see from Chad's write-up, we have a sense of humor).

The Ashes of Athas page is up. Right now it probably creates more questions than answers, but more is on the way.

Pre-registration for DDXP 2011 will occur on November 21st as per the latest from Wavester on the DDXP website.
-Sartredes
Any information on what the Classic will be?

Lori Anderson

WotC Freelancer, LFR author

@LittleLorika

Dragon Magazine #412: Unearthed Arcana: Ships in Your Campaign

Calimshan Adventures (LFR): CALI3-3, CALI4-1, and QUES4-1

Epic Adventures (LFR): EPIC5-1 and EPIC5-3

Other LFR Adventures: NETH4-1, ADCP5-2, and MYTH6-3

D&D Experience 2011 pre-reg is now live. Website is updated with tons of cool events as well as information on our family fun area.

So head over to the website at www.baldmangames.com/ddxpfp and check it out.
really would like to go to this, i don't play a LFR game but i can just create characters for the con right?

All events (including LFR and Ashes of Athas) have or will have pregens. You can check out the LFR pregens on the LFR community group and the associated download page here.

thanks for the info
Though, note that you can't start an LFR character at higher than 11th level.  (So, don't register to play the Epic-level LFR event; you can't come in with a brand-new LFR character which is eligible to play that one.)
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"