8/24/2010 SF: "SFMT—Part 1"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Once again, Big Sty wants us to know about how much fun he's having, and thereby is spared the need to come up with something to say about how we can have fun.  Articles with a bunch of random snapshots and almost no content other than descriptions of games he played = "filler".  I can empathize with laziness, but not respect it in someone who gets paid to do something I routinely do for free.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
Wizards needs to drag Anthony away from politics.
I really enjoy this kind of article where you get to follow a deck through a tournament. Perhaps you could do the same in a constructed event as well?
Love teh Baneslayer, Armored Ascension, draw step Doom Blade play. That'd make the whole day worth it.
She liked board games and role-playing games already, and moving into Magic was smooth. She didn't like that sometimes other players treated her differently (So hey, let's knock that off!)

Treat her different? As in making a point to include her in an article, simply for the fact that she's a woman, with no relevance to the tournament report?
Treat her different? As in making a point to include her in an article, simply for the fact that she's a woman, with no relevance to the tournament report?

touché
Love teh Baneslayer, Armored Ascension, draw step Doom Blade play. That'd make the whole day worth it.

Oh, and the fact that he did it to a little kid? Icing.  Delicious icing on a cake made of tears and sorrow.