Enchantment - regenerate

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have the enchantment 'savage silhouette.'  It states:

Enchant Creature....Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has {1}{F} "Regenerate this creature."

My question is since it is an enchantment, once the creature is killed and I pay the mana to regenerate, does the enchantment fall off or stay on?  Is it a one time use or as long as I have the mana, can I keep regenerating the creature?  Also, as long as I have the mana and the creature is regenerated, the +2/+2 remains correct?

Thank you for your time and help.
I have the enchantment 'savage silhouette.'  It states:

Enchant Creature....Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has {1}{F} "Regenerate this creature."

My question is since it is an enchantment, once the creature is killed and I pay the mana to regenerate, does the enchantment fall off or stay on?  Is it a one time use or as long as I have the mana, can I keep regenerating the creature?  Also, as long as I have the mana and the creature is regenerated, the +2/+2 remains correct?

Thank you for your time and help.

A creature that regenerates never leaves the battlefield, so the aura stays on it.

You can activate the ability as many times as you can pay the cost. 
To activate the ability, you'll pay . Then, when that ability resolves, it'll place a "regeneration bubble" around the enchanted creature. The next time that creature would be destroyed this turn, instead it's tapped, all damage is removed from it, and it's removed from combat.

Thus, the creature that would have been destroyed instead isn't, so it remains on the battlefield. The aura never stopped being attached to a legal enchantee, so it remains on the battlefield as well, still attached to the creature.

If the creature would be destroyed later in the same turn, you'd be able to place another regeneration bubble around the creature by activating the ability again.

The +2/+2 will remain for as long as the aura is attached to the creature. 
By the way, I notice you put {F} (presumably for "forest") instead of {G}. It is important to keep in mind that land is not the same thing as mana. Mana is the magical energy used to cast spells and do various other things; land is a card type. The regeneration ability costs green mana (symbolized ), not a "forest".

Keeping the distinction clear helps avoid other misconceptions; for example, we occasionally get deeply confused questions like "Where do I get the mountains from when I play Seething Song?". (In case it's not obvious, Seething Song does not put any lands into play, it has the same effect as tapping five Mountains.)
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Thank you sir.  I will keep that in mind for the next time I ask a question, and I am sure there will be more to come.  Since I started learning, I find I come up with at least a couple questions per night of gaming.  I will use {G} instead of {F}. 

You may want to start with the Basic Rulebook:

www.wizards.com/magic/TCG/Resources.aspx...

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

Sign In to post comments