8/23/2010 MM: "Making Memories"

58 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Making Magic, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I was totally owned by Mark. I choose to interpret this as a sign of his genius, rather than my gullibility.  (Though, I am a data analyst now, not a programmer.)
Lee Sharpe Data Analyst Wizards of the Coast
Wicked art and design...both in the positive and negative senses.

You said you were touched, but did you feel any guilt over the people who messaged you with concern? If, God forbid, you should have an actual crisis, do you think you could actually do a repeat and not have it taken as another joke or game?
What convinced me it was a set-up (beside the unfamiliarity of it, having been a DailyMTG reader since its birth) was that the One Hundred and Counting blurb for the article in question was written in the present tense (explore). On its own not quite enough, but enough of a red flag to confirm my suspicions.
I have been punked. Well played.
I admit, you sure know how to provoke a reaction.  Still, like guyinthetie pointed out, you made it seem like you had some sort of private emergency, which I'm guessing made a lot of people (myself included) rather sad.  On the whole, I don't know whether the article's cleverness and appropriateness quite make up for all the bad feelings spread around.  I'm left admiring the idea, and admiring almost all of the execution, but I'm left wishing that you could have made it more clear that neither you nor your family was hurt, you didn't have cancer, etc., etc.

Also, not to nitpick, since it's relatively minor compared to my above complaint, but I think you've misunderstood or misrepresented some of your readers' responses.  For instance:

"ObsidianDice @maro254 Yes - I've read every article on Making Magic, Latest Developments, and Serious Fun."

ObsidianDice isn't saying that he remembers reading your article.  He knows he must have, because he's read all of your articles.  At no point is his memory playing tricks on him.  Even his logic is sound, although it's based on the mistaken belief that your article had actually been published before.

Similarly for troacctid, heinisms, EliShffrn, and several others.  You present their statements as if their memory was playing tricks on them, but this does not in fact follow from what they are saying.  Their memory is fine (they did read all your articles), and their reasoning is fine.  It's just their premises are incorrect.

Utterly fooled as well. Bravo.

However, I will be lefting wonder if any link to a previous article in the future is actually real.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

I was suspicious at first, since I very much didn't remember the column; my very first thought was that you were doing exactly what you were doing. I didn't notice any contextual clues, but just figured that creating a fake article to make a point about memory being fickle was the kind of thing you would do. I went and checked the One Hundred and Counting article for confirmation, but didn't really go any farther than that; I figured that if you had planned it well enough in advance to make that kind of alteration, you probably had all the obvious bases covered, since rewriting history is pretty easy online.

...Besides which, I agree entirely with your comments regarding memory being far less reliable than we usually believe it to be, so I figured not remembering it was no reason for it not to have existed.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

He got me good.

I fell into the trap of "I've read every article he's written therefore i've read this one".

A very good article, and an interesting look into memory.

… and then, the squirrels came.
The only problem with the previous column is that, because I thought I had read every Making Magic column previously, I just didn't read it and missed out on the entire thing. This probably has to do with the fact that I hate reading things I've read before, also.
I completely assumed that I must have read it during one of my archive binges (and tweeted so). An hour or so later, it clicked and I laughed out loud at the realization of what had been done. 

The thing is, I only figured it out because I knew MaRo had been thinking about Inception, and over the years have gotten some idea of how his mind works. If it had been left up to my memory alone, I never would have figured it out.

The thing I find most interesting is the way people construct narratives with their memories, including the falsely implanted ones. Humans are such natural storytellers that we can't help but try and make order of our memories.

As always, happy to see anything I wrote appear in an Making Magic article, even if it is my humorously false assumptions. 
Great Designer Search 2 Finalist - If you're interested in getting involved, check out my Wiki Page.
When I read that it was a reprint from a time when I didn't play Magic, I just skipped it, to be honest.
I guess I should go back and read the article, then.  When I read the introduction, I just said to myself "self, I've read all these old articles already; no reason to read this again."
I didn't read it either. But, to be fair, I read the first two paragraphs and concluded that I had a faint memory of the column. This, coupled with time constrains conspired to me not reading the column. I'll read it now anyway.
Well, this was definitely a cool idea... and now that I've read the "reprinted" article, it was a good article too.  But where the execution failed for me was that there wasn't a hook that made me want to read an eight year old article (until today when you revealed the trick).  I saw the word "reprint" and I closed the tab.  It is funny that a lot of people said they'd read the article, but a lot of those comments weren't saying that they specifically remembered this article, but rather that they had read everything you posted at some point.  Anyway, cool experiment.
"People trust their own memories more than anything else."
www.wizards.com/magic/Magazine/Article.a...

"It's interesting, by the way, how many responses I got from people who assumed the article existed even though they just couldn't remember it."
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

The above two statements seem at odds, until you consider:

"(B)eliefs are dependent upon trust."
www.wizards.com/magic/Magazine/Article.a...

People trust you, Mr. Rosewater - even more than they trust themselves, it seems.  I hope you realize what a valuable thing that is to have, both personally and professionally.  It would be unwise to squander such trust.
I read through the article last week looking to see if I remembered it. I didn't seem to, though I liked the nostalgic Onslaught-block references. Coupled with the subject matter, I suspected MaRo was playing some kind of trick, knowing his love of matching form to content. But then in the thread I saw someone had checked the One Hundred And Counting index and figured I must be mistaken.

Nonetheless, the "reprint" article's point remains good. I'm particularly amused every time I read someone say "Each colour has ups and downs, yes, but why is blue always at the top, never the bottom?" I remember how utterly dire the blue and the Wizards tribe in Onslaught were, deliberately on Wizards' part. I suspect every colour has had its day in the sun and its day at the bottom, over the past 10-15 years, though I might be wrong.
I didn't have any particular reason to care.
I was suspicious at first, since I very much didn't remember the column; my very first thought was that you were doing exactly what you were doing. I didn't notice any contextual clues, but just figured that creating a fake article to make a point about memory being fickle was the kind of thing you would do. I went and checked the One Hundred and Counting article for confirmation, but didn't really go any farther than that; I figured that if you had planned it well enough in advance to make that kind of alteration, you probably had all the obvious bases covered, since rewriting history is pretty easy online.

...Besides which, I agree entirely with your comments regarding memory being far less reliable than we usually believe it to be, so I figured not remembering it was no reason for it not to have existed.

You didn't notice he misspelled your name?

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

This article was rather worthless. It could be summarized in one word: owned.
Anyway, next week please more making magic and less psychology for amateurs.
IMAGE(http://www.projektstarwars.de/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16432&dateline=1299412590) Fallen Star Verlag Play Legacy! Decks: Legacy Natural Order/Hulk EDH Iname, Death Aspect / Rosheen Meanderer Casual Elves! I petition for the removal of the mythic rarity.
Heh, I /knew/ I hadn't read your whole archive, just ones with titles that caught my eye or that were linked from other stuff I read, so I thought I hadn't read it before, but had no reason to assume that meant it wasn't real. I did think that it'd be your style for it to be a trick though :P
Isn't the default assumption concerning MaRo that he's messing with us somehow?
Did MaRo or the web team realize when setting up "Playing with Memories" that, as DVDe said, the other columns from the week of December 30, 2002 didn't have articles? I think such a hole in the article's background story would have been obvious to the creators of it. Not that I blame them if they decided that it wasn't worth faking all the articles from that week and that the gaps in the other columns would be left as clues that "Playing with Memories" was new; I just assumed MaRo was telling the truth and didn't check out his story at all!
Honestly, I thought it was real, but not via any delusion of memory.

I only began reading MaRo around about Ravnica, and I've never gone on an archive binge. I guess it's the old adage "It's written down, so it must be true!"

Without being given any reason to doubt the column, (y'know, beyone MaRo being MaRo) I just assumed its authenticity (I know, I know, when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME).

I must say, well played. But trust is a very difficult thing to recoup, if it is ever truly lost. Consequences can often be far more reaching than we think, especially subcounciously.

I'm happy Mark did this.  "But trust is a very difficult thing to recoup," said the previous poster.  However, I would say that he's *gained* more of my trust.

I trust even more, now, that he will continue to do his best to make Magic great, and that he will still throw us for a loop now and then.  I pay part of his salary, through my purchase of magic cards.  I'm glad to see it's well spent.  I'm glad to pay him to surprise me now and then.

Just in case it's not clear, there is no sarcasm in what I've written here.

You didn't notice he misspelled your name?

I'm used to it; everyone misspells my name. I think it was misspelled the last time it was mentioned on the site, too. (Though my memory might be faulty on that point. ;))

Mine is an underappreciated moniker.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

There's enough making magic in there! At least enough "making magic for amateurs" (the whole part about the value of ideas).

The trick was awesome. I'm still very unhappy about the content though. Simply saying that the players are wrong for valueing merfolk as tribal or for finding proof for dumbing-down in statements, instead of asking the question behind the question and find out WHY they actually value so much what you think is so little...
... Fools.
The lot of you.

Isn't the default assumption concerning MaRo that he's messing with us somehow?

Yes.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.

There's enough making magic in there! At least enough "making magic for amateurs" (the whole part about the value of ideas).

There was nothing worthwhile for me, so subjectively it was a boring article. But that could be because I'm a writer myself. Exploring ideas isn't really a new subject for me. Everything he wrote is something you understand intuitively anyway if you work as an (even amateur) artist.

What he also left out is the fact, that the prime idea, the very first idea, is solely executed because it is cool and exciting. It's the fundament on which you base everything else. And it's not a conscious decision to use this idea. It kicks you when you're riding the bus and fills you with an unsatiable need. The need to write this down (or design the set, if you prefer a magic analogy). And this need, this hunger never goes away and can't be ignored until you have executed your idea (using a lot of small ideas in the process).
IMAGE(http://www.projektstarwars.de/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16432&dateline=1299412590) Fallen Star Verlag Play Legacy! Decks: Legacy Natural Order/Hulk EDH Iname, Death Aspect / Rosheen Meanderer Casual Elves! I petition for the removal of the mythic rarity.
Did MaRo or the web team realize when setting up "Playing with Memories" that, as DVDe said, the other columns from the week of December 30, 2002 didn't have articles? I think such a hole in the article's background story would have been obvious to the creators of it. Not that I blame them if they decided that it wasn't worth faking all the articles from that week and that the gaps in the other columns would be left as clues that "Playing with Memories" was new; I just assumed MaRo was telling the truth and didn't check out his story at all!

We did realize that, and I suspected that that would be how we were found out in the end. I did entertain, for about half a second, the idea of writing the other four columns from that week, but--even aside from the crazy amount of work that would be--I knew I wouldn't be able to contact all the old authors in time for them to write something or OK the words we were attributing to them. That and the one URL that ended up different (mr55a) were the two things that we knew might give us away, and we decided we were fine with that. If you dug past the first three levels of deception--the many small ways we made the reprinted article look convincing, the archived version of the article, and the doctored One Hundred and Counting--then you solved the puzzle and learned the truth. In some ways that was more fun than burying our tracks completely (which, again, would have been totally impractical anyway).

Special kudos are due to graphic artist Tom Jenkot and coder Garret Bright, who added a ton of tiny flourishes to add verisimilitude. Garret moved around the old articles to get that funny-looking URL out of sight and removed the line breaks after deck lists, Tom nicely imitated our graphic style at the time and even saved the images to an old image directory (guessing you didn't notice that one, but hey, why not?), and no doubt both of them did subtle things beyond that that escaped even my notice. (Interestingly, the new-style deck lists are true to how articles from that time now appear in the archives.)

It was never our intent (or at least not mine) that the intro sound ominous, although in retrospect it does a bit. My apologies to those who worried unnecessarily, and thanks to those who appreciated the gag. Gotcha.
It is good to see that both his family, and his ego, are fully intact. Should make for an entertaining spoiler season. I look forward to when he goes back to writing design articles, too.

There was nothing worthwhile for me, so subjectively it was a boring article. But that could be because I'm a writer myself. Exploring ideas isn't really a new subject for me. Everything he wrote is something you understand intuitively anyway if you work as an (even amateur) artist.

Not really, with (computer) game design these mistakes are made all the time. Being just "an ideas guy" without being able to draw/code, inovation for inovation's sake, adding all kinds of features and complexity instead of looking for the solid simple part (feature creep), adding stuff just because "it's cool" and even the last one, just get it out there because it'll never be finished anyways.

(so many should be able to take something from this article)
DVDe, you are hereby the crowned prince of lurkerdom. Your attention to detail and obsession with reading everything on this site is a testament to power of both memory and knowledge.

Awesome job! :D 
Paranoia Paradise - It's like a book club, but with bullets. | Mafia Stats 2010 Mafia Awards - Master of Lockjaw & Most Helpful Looking for a game? AIM: Zprflesh | Gmail: AaronADowdy@gmail.com | Yahoo!: Zprflsh@yahoo.com
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA THAT WAS HYLARIOUS!!!!

LMAO!

Coalition Wargame
Former Admiral Black Faction

Join the Coalition - Phyrexian War Game

Join the fight! Be an invading Phyrexian or a Coaltioner defending the plane of Dominaria!
Me
I am Chaotic Evil Chaotic evil is referred to as the "Destroyer" or "Demonic" alignment. Characters of this alignment tend to have little respect for rules, other peoples' lives, or anything but their own selfish desires. They typically only behave themselves out of fear of punishment.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I appreciate the effort that went into the ruse, and I do think it was a clever idea.  But the execution was too conservative.  Mark tried so hard to make the arrangement believable that he must have flat-out missed the majority of the audience, as he did with me.

The goal was to say "hey, remember this article from 7.5 years ago?" and have people say "I don't know, let me read it ... yeah maybe?"  And looking at the published responses there were maybe 1-2 people in that category.  But the vast majority answered:

"7.5 years ago?  I'm sure I never read it."

or

"Since it's there I'm sure I did read it, but I don't remember it."

Thus at best it wasn't a trick of memory.  It was a trick of gullibility.  Most everyone believed it was a real article because he said it was.  But hardly anyone claimed they remembered it.  And that's because at a distance of 7.5 years it's far easier to believe that we didn't.  I know personally I made zero attempt to even try to remember it, so there was no chance I would mis-remember it.

Now a less conservative approach would have been to say "here's an article from TWO years ago".  He could even have kept the Merfolk subject matter.  Now would Mark get more people who realized it was fake?  Probably, sure.  But there would be far more of us who actually tried to remember the article and thus fell into the target group.  And if the truth was revealed in the forums, it wouldn't be a big deal.  Most people don't visit the forums, and those who do often get caught in server errors and permanent redirects anyway.

(Seriously, the people who built this site should be tested for brain damage.  I hadn't complained about it in a few weeks but it's still true.)

Anyway, it was a good "fake" article for a great idea, and I thought the followup had some value too - maybe a little shallow but that's OK.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

I thought I remembered that article from the "first time" in 2002... I mean, I remember the outcries, "Blue in Onslaught sucks!" and "Out Wizards! In Merfolk!", Dommermuth (sp) explaining Merfolk made no sense at all, and how Magic was being dumbed down...

Long story short, an article written in 2002 regarding Merfolk and some of the concerns from those times? It was just so true, so real, I KNEW I read that article back in the day =/

Not really, with (computer) game design these mistakes are made all the time. Being just "an ideas guy" without being able to draw/code, inovation for inovation's sake, adding all kinds of features and complexity instead of looking for the solid simple part (feature creep), adding stuff just because "it's cool" and even the last one, just get it out there because it'll never be finished anyways.

(so many should be able to take something from this article)

Actually this is often done deliberately as there is a certain target demografic for trash. Some merchandises like dragonball Z thrive on Coolness for Coolness sake. And you can bet the designers of those franchises know fully well what they are doing and why they are doing it.

The mistakes come when they start misjudging their target demographic and start producing the wrong kind of trash, the one the audience doesn't like. Yes, there's thrash and there's thrash.

As for MtG, it's pretty trashy too. But as a Star Wars fan I'm definitely used to that.
Actually this is often done deliberately as there is a certain target demografic for trash. Some merchandises like dragonball Z thrive on Coolness for Coolness sake. And you can bet the designers of those franchises know fully well what they are doing and why they are doing it.

The mistakes come when they start misjudging their target demographic and start producing the wrong kind of trash, the one the audience doesn't like. Yes, there's thrash and there's thrash.

As for MtG, it's pretty trashy too. But as a Star Wars fan I'm definitely used to that.

These things are more about the quality of the process and not the end product. What you find trash and treasure is completely subjective. Any of these rules can be broken for the end product if that is what the target audience wants.

It's indeed about the 'wrong kind of trash' you're talking about, which happens a lot with indie/hobby/amateur projects where people make the games for 'themselves'. And then it can get messy.

So lessons aspiring designers should take to heart.

I'd like to register that I found MaRo's actions as deception.  Not a lie, not a white lie, but a full blown deception.  While I started reading the original article in question (I have not read his historical record), it wasn't anything new or interesting.   A lot of the material seemed like a rehash of how memory can be wrong, change and otherwise fill in the blanks.  Plus we attached emotions to memory.

But what did get me was the offense I had at finding out the deception.  Using his position, he modified the historic filing of articles at WotC (I challenge that other writers likely would not be given this priviledge) so as to appear like it was written at the right time.  Further, MaRo attempted to move beyond a simple coverage of the initial lie by modification of other articles reference numbers.  Then he decided his deception needed more protection and went back to modify other documents to show that he was not being deceptive.  While the writer appears to have wanted to teach us all a lesson, he missed something: we are not his students. 

I believe that I have a reasonable expectation of trust & truth from items writen/published by the company (WotC).  I believe that our relationship of seller/buyer follows other social norms of American society: company press and marketing releases are truthful.  I am pretty irate at the writer for attempting to deceive me.  Not a lie in one part that is revealed in another part of the same article to make a point, but a true deception.  mutliple actions done by the writer in a vain filled attempt to teach me a lesson.  Well thanks a million. 

You know, I didn't even care about the article.  I didn't care that MaRo's streak was ending (or not as it turned out).  What I do care about is being deceived.  Not bluffed in a game where there is not a reasonable expectation of trust.  Not a white lie about an upcoming B-Day party or a Christmas Present.  But an out and out deception.  Not that I cared enough about the original article to be deceived, but rather I care about the attempt. 

MaRo's attempt to make me distrust my memory by fabricating lies to support his deception is not in keeping with the social contract and general expectation of trust.  The writer is correct in that emotions play a part in memory.  Now my emotional response to anything that MaRo will write is "Am I being deceived?" which is the opposite of fun.

Since WoTC is selling "fun", I am not certain that the negative emotions imparted by the writer live up to me 'having more fun'.   I won't be quiting magic, but I have lost a lot of respect for your organization in general and MaRo in particular.  I will not be looking forward to having him say anything as I will have a negative emotional memory associated with his writings.  Likely, I will avoid his writings in the future.  (easy solution is not to be near someone you find offensive).

By the way, I do not deceive my customers in my job.  I do not deceive my friends to teach them a lesson.  I do not deceive my wife.   In short, I find deception dispicable.

These things are more about the quality of the process and not the end product. What you find trash and treasure is completely subjective. Any of these rules can be broken for the end product if that is what the target audience wants.

It's indeed about the 'wrong kind of trash' you're talking about, which happens a lot with indie/hobby/amateur projects where people make the games for 'themselves'. And then it can get messy.

So lessons aspiring designers should take to heart.

Designers who can't work in group and always want to do their own thing will quickly be fired. There's no place in a buisness for that kind of vanity. So I think this problem kind of selfregulates itself. If you go professional, you gotta step back a step or two. Be flexible.

If you are an amateur ... well, do whatever pleases you, right? Bad amateurs aren't hurting anybody because they demand no money for their work (trust me, I've seen bad amateur writers).

I honestly belief that most mistakes professionals make stem from misjudgements.
Does Maro know that by doing the thing he did the way he did, that is so "meticulously" changing the site and the way he wrote that so-called article that didn't exist, he hasn't fooled the memory of countless people?

Using technology has nothing to do, or not much or at least is very different, than biological memory?

Data can be stored and, in need, be replicated and that way we can keep data for countless millenia, something that isn't possible with human memory (most of the time anyway).

To cut it short, here's what I think about this prank: Mark (can I call you Mark?), you haven't fooled your dear readers... you have actually changed the past and we are all now alternative versions of ourselves.

Congratulations, Doc Brown would be mad at you.

;)

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Sign In to post comments