Comet Storm and Reverberate

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I cast a Comet Storm for 5 and multikick it for 2 extra targets, then I cast Reverberate will it copy the Multikicker as well, giving me a new target and 2 additional new targets?
Copying a spell will also copy how often it is kicked, yes.

DCI Level 2 Judge

"That's what's so stupid about the whole magic thing, you know," Rincewind said. "You spend twenty years learning the spell that makes nude virgins appear in your bedroom, and then you're so poisoned by quicksilver fumes and half-blind from reading old grimoires that you can't remember what happens next."

- Terry Pratchett, The Colour Of Magic

Copying a spell copies all the choices made for it, including the value of X and targets. Luckily most Copy spells allow you to change them!
It may be important to note that choices made while casting (how many times a spell was kicked, the value of X, etc.) are only copied if you're copying an object on the stack. Copying a permanent does not look at these values, meaning that a Clone copying a Gatekeeper of Malakir would not trigger its enter-the-battlefield ability, even if the original had been kicked, and if it copies a Protean Hydra, it will enter with 0 counters and die immediately.

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

I realized that about Hydras not long after putting them into my Riku deck... made me sad I still need an excuse to use my Apocalypse Hydra now. Still works with Animar but I'm not allowed to use him as a general anymore
   Still, Comet Storm.
I realized that about Hydras not long after putting them into my Riku deck... made me sad I still need an excuse to use my Apocalypse Hydra now. Still works with Animar but I'm not allowed to use him as a general anymore
   Still, Comet Storm.

Please don't bump old threads.

Sign In to post comments