PLACE YOUR MONO GREEN DECKS/IDEAS HERE

383 posts / 0 new
Last post

Read title.  I will get some helpers to help take care of this thread as well.  This thread is meant for discussions on your MonoGreen deck and other's MonoGreen decks.

Helpers:

1.  JaketheLate

Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
As an avid monogreen and r/g stompy player, i guess it falls upon me to break this thread's cherry  so to speak.

This deck is super aggro and has win cons out the yahoo. It can also bounce back from a DoJ really quickly.

4 nest invader 2/2 for 2 plus ramp
4 cultivate harrow might be flashier, but in a world of mana leaks cultivate is much safer
3 mold shambler you tap out for Jace 2.0 I tap out and blow him up
2 avenger of zendikar the 5/5 for 7 is ok, but the swarm of tokens is where the hawtness is
4 bramblesnap this dude gets pretty nasty pretty quickly
4 joraga treespeaker just ramp
3 beastmaster ascension swing with a horde of 0/1 tokens that suddenly balloon to 5/6
4 bestial menace DoJ/DF recovery, instant (well, sorcery) bramble fodder
4 vines of vastwood instant speed protection and the giant growth+ doesnt hurt
3 overwhelming stampede 3gg opponent loses game
3 kozilek's predator 3/3 for 4 plus ramp
2 pelakka wurm if 4 life on a 4/4 body is good, then 7 life on a 7/7 trampler that cantrips against removal is even better.

21 forest

sideboard - as always this is up for debate

4 autumn's veil if you counter it you feel like an idiot, if you dont, you feel like an idiot
4 tajuru preserver DF hate and flips off consuming vapors
3 naturalize leyline and lich hate, also pops monuments etc
3 obstinate baloth life gain is good, especially when it comes attached to a 4/4 body
1 kozilek, butcher of truth for that weirdo that thinks mill is "viable"
Hi, my name is SQP and my hobby is breaking cards, especially bad cards. The worse a card is the more fun it is to break. My goal is to win a PTQ or GP using bad rares.dec, 1. to prove it can be done, and 2. for the lulz.
P.S. it'd be really handy to have these archetype threads pinned to the first page so that hopefully people will post in them instead of 500+ pages of standard decks with many repeating and recurring themes.

19 forest
4 terramorphic expanse Double Landfall

4 harrow Instant speed ramp and double landfall, might be safer to play cultivate here
4 explore sometimes an extra land, worst case scenario it cycles
3 khalni heart expedition more landfall, nothing quite like EoT pop the expanse, pop the khe, pop a 2nd khe that the first one triggers draw lots of cards, make lots of beasties and beat face
3 avenger of zendikar honestly not sure if he's all that necessary in this deck, probably better as beastmaster
3 overwhelming stampede 3gg win game
3 garruk's companion a darned solid 2 drop
4 joraga treespeaker probably best ramp in standard. drop T1, level T2 plus a 2 drop, with a 5-6 drop on T3
4 garruk's packleader lots of card draw
4 rampaging baloths lots of beasties that trigger packleader
2 momentous fall might go back to baloth woodcrasher here as swinging with a 24/24 trample wins if they dont have removal
3 mold shambler MD planeswalker hate, even if there's never anything worth blowing up he's still a 3/3 fo 4. never a dead card

SB
3 back to nature this may be better as naturalize
3 plummet this may be better as gravity well
3 autumn's veil control/vamp hate 
3 obstinate baloth discard hate, and lifegain vs. rdw
3 river boa more blue hate
Hi, my name is SQP and my hobby is breaking cards, especially bad cards. The worse a card is the more fun it is to break. My goal is to win a PTQ or GP using bad rares.dec, 1. to prove it can be done, and 2. for the lulz.
Nice deck SacQasali, I've got a pretty similar setup and trying to decide on a few different cards like yourself. If you're playing Avenger of Zendikar then Harrow is probably not the best choice as it can limit it. I've also decided to play Grazing Gladeheart because the lifegain is really great against RDW and against other decks it doesn't hurt. LLanowar Elves is for the early ramping of course, if I'm lucky I can bring out Leatherback Baloth turn 2. River Boa is there for the early blocking but usually side it for Mold Shambler if it's not needed. I thought about splashing red but as this is a mono-green thread I'll keep it to that.

Lands: 23
19 Forest
4 Terramorphic Expanse

Sorcery/Echantment: 17
4 Explore
4 Cultivate
4 Khalni Heart Expedition
3 Momentous Fall
2 Overwhelming Stampede

Creatures: 20
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Grazing Gladehart
3 River Roa
3 Rampaging Baloths 
3 Leatherback Baloth
3 Avenger of Zendikar

Sideboard: 15
3 Plummet/Gravity Well
3 Fog
3 Naturalize
3 Vines of Vastwood/Autumn's Veil
3 Mold Shambler
I just started playing magic again about 2 months ago after stopping in approx '98 but i have gone the elven route with my mono green deck as i always enjoyed playing elves in revised and 4th edition.

Creatures
4 Llanowar elves Ramp
4 Joraga treespeaker Ramp
3 Joraga warcaller Wincon late game and early game elf buffer with 1-3 kicks
2 Fauna shaman Beatstick finder
4 Nissa's chosen Chosen+archdruid+Nissa= easily obtainable wincon
2 Omnath, locus of mana Requires instant removal or its GG when an archdruid hits the table
4 Elvish Archdruid RAMP x 1000!!!
1 Elvish piper T3 eldrazi and instantly draws opponents removal
3 Primeval Titan Fetch's Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi temples. DoJ recovery with land advantage
1 Gaea's revenge Surefire wincon with overwhelming stampede
1 Kozilek, butcher of truth Wincon and anti-mill
1 Ulamog, the infinite gyre Wincon and anti-mill
1 Emrakul, the aeons torn Wincon and anti-mill

Spells and Planeswalkers
2 Eldrazi conscription playable t3 on an attacking creature for early control/wincon
2 Brittle Effigy Only creature removal
2 Overwhelming stampede Wincon
1 Garruk wildspeaker Untapping 2 Eldrazi temples for 8 mana is amazing
1 Nissa Revane Wincon and deck stabilizer

Land
18 Forest
2 Eldrazi temple only own 2, would like to run more
1 Eye of Ugin

Sideboard
3 Dragon's Claw RDW
2 Autumn's veil BU control and vampires
2 Plummet BU control and vampires
2 Fog Green aggro
2 Tajuru Preserver Vampires and Eldrazi
1 Naturalize Any enchantment/artifact based deck
1 Back to nature Spreading seas, etc.
1 Terastodon Just added this for planewalkers since it seems everyone is running a playset of each
1 Overrun Just took this out of my MD for a Gaea's revenge. Haven't decided what to put in this last spot yet

Unfortunately it's extremely creature dependent and is vulnerable to mass removable b/c i still have yet to pull or convince someone to trade me some Eldrazi monuments but i am working on it. I have gotten lucky by pulling 3 titans out of the 40 some packs of 11 that i have bought but not many other good cards. I only have one copy of both Nissa and Garruk but would like to play more. It seems to play very strongly against most non-control decks(undefeated record against all of the mono green decks running around at my FNM) and with a quick start plays well against UB control(turn 4 eldrazi/conscription/titan).

Put this together as my first deck b/c my local FNM is about 12-15 ppl, 6 of whom have full playsets of Mind Sculptor's, Titan's, Gideon's, etc. Most of them play UB control, turboland Avenger, and superfriends. 2 Vampire decks running around that rarely ever do well, 2 RDW, a White Knight, Valakut, and about 6 Mono green aggro decks.

It may not be a tier 1 deck but it's very fast, unconventional, has a respectable record against very expensive decks, and is doing well against anything that doesn't have massive amounts of creature removal/counter's or quick Day of Judgments
Green:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Elvish Archdruid
4x Awakening Zone
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Nissa's Chosen
4x Jorga Warcaller
2x Khalni Hydra
2x Gaea's Revenge
2x Summoning Trap
2x Nissa Revane
2x Garruk Wildspeaker
2x Protean Hydra

Colorless:
2x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Artifact:
4x Eldrazi Monument

Land:
4x Misty Rainforest
16x Forest

Actually playing this with splash red with Bloodbraid Elf and Lightning bolt, subbing B.O.P for Llanowar and some Crags in for Forests

This is the one i use:

It is very quick and has won many games with Gaea's Revenge and Overhwelming Stampede
Hey all, your friendly thread organizer here with a fun Mono-Green deck:

Elves:
Llanowar Elves x4
Joraga Treespeaker x4
Joraga Warcaller x4
Elvish Visionary x4
Niisa's Chosen x4
Elvish Archdruid x4
Mul Daya Channelers x4
Leatherback Baloth x4

Spells:
Quest for the Gemblades x4
Nissa Revane x3

Land:
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood x3
Misty Rainforest x4
Verdant catacombs x4
Forest x10

Sideboard:
Pithing Needle x3
Plimmet x4
Naturalize x4
Mold Shambler x4

Also, I will ask Halo about making these threads sticky.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
on land ramping: if you're land ramping you want to have spells that effect the board at multiple pockets of mana cost like 1-2, 4-5, as well as the 6+ you're ramping into, you don't want to sit there for the first 4 turns ramping and expect to always be able to recover with your big spells, you instead want to be able to mess with what your opponent's doing if you have to. Garruk Wildspeaker is a good card to do this, but just him isn't enough.
the thing about land ramping, is that it's easy enough to do that adding a second or even splashing a third color is usually better for a better recover/win game, like GR valakut or GRU/GRW destructive force.

if you're ramping with creatures you don't really want to play spells that get lands (and not creatures), and you don't want to have many spells at 7 mana if any at all. since you're playing creatures you might not be able to ramp up fast enough if your opponent packs board sweepers or has an aggressive enough start you have to chum block with your mana accelerators, so you want to have a good curve of threats, or lots of token makers into overrun effects. have efficient creatures at every mana cost from 2-5 at least and more than 4 count when possible. stuff like nest invader, leatherback baloth, and bestial menace is good stuff, and you usually don't want to play expensive spells other than wolfbriar elemental since you can cast him when you don't have enough mana, and he's just as good as the other stuff at 6-7 mana when you're presenting your opponent with other threats.

in decks that use overrun or something, you want at least 7 overrun effects if not more. in my green overrun deck I was running 4 beastmaster ascension, 2 garruks, and 3 eldrazi monuments. I really liked that number. monuments could be replaced with overrun or I guess stampede if you don't have them, and garruk I'd replace with 1 bestial menace 1 overrun.
Here is mine that I have been working on.

Lands

14x Forests
3x Khalni Garden
3x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
(This number has actually worked for me and only run into about 3 games being mana screwed)

20 Lands

Creatures

4x Elvish Visionary (draw/ramp)
4x Garruk's Companion (super bear)
4x Garruk's Packleader (draw)
4x Leatherback Baloth
4x Oracle of Mul Daya (draw/ramp)
4x Primeval Titan (one of the best creatures to date)
3x Pelakka Wurm
3x Rampaging Baloths

30 Creatures

Spells

4x Overwhelming Stampede (Better then Overrun in here)
3x Cultivate (Ramp)
3x Garruk Wildspeaker

10 Spells

Sideboard

3x Obstinate Baloth (Discard hoser)
3x Plummet (bye BSA)
3x Mold Shambler (bye Jace)
3x Gaea's Revenge (Control hoser)
3x Wolfbriar Elemental (Board recovery)

Green with draw power, plain and simple. Been thinking of Scythe Tiger for sideboard for some RDW annoyance or some Vines of Vastwood or Autumns Veil for anti control.
on land ramping: if you're land ramping you want to have spells that effect the board at multiple pockets of mana cost like 1-2, 4-5, as well as the 6+ you're ramping into, you don't want to sit there for the first 4 turns ramping and expect to always be able to recover with your big spells, you instead want to be able to mess with what your opponent's doing if you have to. Garruk Wildspeaker is a good card to do this, but just him isn't enough.
the thing about land ramping, is that it's easy enough to do that adding a second or even splashing a third color is usually better for a better recover/win game, like GR valakut or GRU/GRW destructive force.

Definitely agree with this. I've been developing my mono-green Landfall deck but realised I need some more early game threats/removal to stop my opponent from just ramping up or getting easy hits in. I'll post up my G/R deck in a seperate thread and tell me what you think.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio My Trade Thread: http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/24019517/Dereks_Haves_and_Wants?sdb=1&post_num=1#432983357 I attempted HTML but it didn't work so You'll have to copy/paste.
I haven't seen one exactly like mine, so I figured I'd put this up here.  My deck revolves around elves for mana/land ramp and plays big guys/overwhelming stampedes/etc and can usually deal lethal damage around 5th turn, sometimes 4th.

31 Creatures

4x Llanowar Elves - 1-Drop, produces mana
4x Arbor Elf - See Above
4x Sylvan Ranger - Keeps tempo going, cuts down the deck.
4x Elvish Visionary - See Above
2x Mul Daya Channelers - Good early creature, either gives me a 5/5 to use Overwhelming Stampede with, or 2 mana, either way, sweet!
4x Elvish Archdruid - Play this turn 2, watch good stuff happen
4x Joraga Warcaller - You can either play this with kicker to buff elves, or without to get more creatures out for Khalni Hydra or Beastmaster Ascension
4x Khalni Hydra - an 8/8 Trampler on turn 3, can't turn this down
1x Primeval Titan - Honestly, I found one, and I'm not sure if it'll work in this deck, maybe I need better lands to search for. 

11 Other spells

1x Garruk Wildspeaker - mana ramp, then smash
3x Overwhelming Stampede - smash
3x Beastmaster Ascension - lots of creatures to fuel this
2x Momentous Fall - use it on a big guy that's about to die, or that's debilitated
1x Strength of the Tajuru - use mainly on warcallers, but good everywhere else
1x Brittle Effigy - Pick a threat, kill it.

18 Land

1x Mystifying Maze
2x Oran Rief, The Vastwood
15x Forest

Sideboard
3x Mold Shambler - planeswalker insurance
3x Plummet - baneslayer slayer
2x Vines of Vastwood - anti-kill
2x Canopy Cover - anti-kill with evasion
2x Autumn's Veil - anti counter
3x Naturalize - well yeah
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
bump
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
@ Travis G: I like the deck but no scythe tiger. Also, I find myshel liking Terra Stomper over Rampaging Baloths on account of it not being able to be countered.

@Drockius: why the archruid? it only benefits from Fauna Shaman, which leads me to my next question: Why Fauna Shaman? Neither of these cards looks like they're being utilized as well as they could be. If you disagree, please post Win/Loss records.

@GiantBeebles: I would think about getting some Joraga Treespeakers in place of your Arbor Elfs, as they can lead to some pretty rediculous turns. Also, I feel like you have too many non-creature Spells, and that you're kind of trying to shoe/horn in some cards you have and like.

Word of advice to the thread,
If you don't have the right number of cards, don't play any of them. They'll only screw over your ratio and draws.

Thanks for posting the decks, and keep it up guys!
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
Ever since M2011 was released, I've pondered building a mono-Green deck around Omnath since it seems like it could perhaps be done rather cheaply.

However, Primeval Titan's extraordinary cost is sort of leaving a bad taste in month since it seems just as a Jace 2.0 when it comes to being the "if you're using this color, you MUST use this card" syndrome. It's not as expensive (yet), though.

Anyway, what I'm getting at if it seems even "viable" (at least a reasonably challenging FNM level) to try to build a mono-Green deck that doesn't make use of Primeval Titan or Vengevine? Omnath seems like it'd be fun to play around without breaking the bank. This seems especially true due to Wolfbriar Elemental.

"Heroes are rare because heroism is so inherently stupid. In giving their all for the good of others, most die and are forgotten. 

In serving only yourself, however...."

Currently working on "Starshift".

i have to agree Jake, Arbor Elf is pretty terrible. Treespeaker is the best ramp-on-a-stick in the format. T1 Treespeaker, T2 Level + regular 2 drop, T3 5 drop, 6 drop if you played Explore or Nest Invader. Speed green overall is pretty ridiculous. T3 Terra Stomper makes for a very short clock.

However, Primeval Titan's extraordinary cost is sort of leaving a bad taste in month since it seems just as a Jace 2.0 when it comes to being the "if you're using this color, you MUST use this card" syndrome. It's not as expensive (yet), though.

Anyway, what I'm getting at if it seems even "viable" (at least a reasonably challenging FNM level) to try to build a mono-Green deck that doesn't make use of Primeval Titan or Vengevine? Omnath seems like it'd be fun to play around without breaking the bank. This seems especially true due to Wolfbriar Elemental.

Yes, it's possible to consistently place 1st or 2nd at FNM-level tournaments using a monogreen deck without Titan or Vengevine.  Although they're good, those cards don't have the broad utility that JtMS has.  You have to build your deck with them in mind for them to be worth playing (unlike Jace).
Looking for Brittle Effigy and Nantuko Shade. See if I have anything you want for trade: http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/25580709/
Ever since M2011 was released, I've pondered building a mono-Green deck around Omnath since it seems like it could perhaps be done rather cheaply.

4 Joraga Treespeaker
4 Cultivate
4 Vines of the Vastwood
3 Omnath
3 Overwhelming Stampede
4 Wolfbriar Elemental
3 Mold Shambler
3 Pelakka Wurm
4 Explore
3 Momentous Fall
3 Nest Invader

22 forest

This is just off the top of my head, but it seems like a reasonable start.
Why Nest Invader? It doesn't give you any extra Green mana. It seems like I'd rather play Sylvan Ranger if I'm trying to accelerate so much.

"Heroes are rare because heroism is so inherently stupid. In giving their all for the good of others, most die and are forgotten. 

Why Nest Invader? It doesn't give you any extra Green mana. It seems like I'd rather play Sylvan Ranger if I'm trying to accelerate so much.

Sylvan Ranger doesn't really accelerate, but rather lets you keep two land hands by effectively making them three land hands. As to Nest Invader, playing that off a leveled up Treespeaker gives you a guaranteed five mana next turn, with the possibility of six if you have that land. This would allow you to play a turn three Terra Stomper, which in this Meta of Counters is pretty Damn sexy(P.S: that also makes Spellbreaker worth looking at!)
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
True. I suppose it would be best to not build everything around Omnath.

Speaking of which, I feel like Canopy Cover needs in a deck with Omnath in it, if only because of how popular Jace is. (Well, that and it means that nothing can touch Omnath that isn't DoJ or Consuming Vapors.)

With regards to Blue and Black, I'm still not sure how I feel about Autumn's Veil. It seems like iffy even as a sideboard card due to the aforementioned usability of Terra Stomper. The only thing it really stops is Doom Blade (and, well, Bituminous Blast and Executioner's Capsule).

Hmm...all this consideration of Green has me wanting to build around Leyline of Vitality now or at least try to use it. I'll try to think of something before I go to bed.

True. I suppose it would be best to not build everything around Omnath.

Speaking of which, I feel like Canopy Cover needs in a deck with Omnath in it, if only because of how popular Jace is. (Well, that and it means that nothing can touch Omnath that isn't DoJ or Consuming Vapors.)

With regards to Blue and Black, I'm still not sure how I feel about Autumn's Veil. It seems like iffy even as a sideboard card due to the aforementioned usability of Terra Stomper. The only thing it really stops is Doom Blade (and, well, Bitumonous Blast and Executioner's Capsule).

Hmm...all this consideration of Green has me wanting to build around Leyline of Vitality now or at least try to use it. I'll try to think of something before I go to bed.

The big thing about Veil is that it stops targeting as well. It definitely belongs in the side along with Vines.

As to the Leyine. Start with tokes and go from there. or maybe something with Walls...
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:

@Drockius: why the archruid? it only benefits from Fauna Shaman, which leads me to my next question: Why Fauna Shaman? Neither of these cards looks like they're being utilized as well as they could be. If you disagree, please post Win/Loss records.

I don't have a win/loss record with the deck yet. FNMs around my area aren't doing standard constructed until scars.

Why the archdruid? Mana accel. I don't have Lotus Cobra or the fetchlands with which to abuse the cobra. Why fauna shaman? Good question. I figured she worked with Vengevine as a package deal. Sort of a "I would really, really like a Gaea's Revenge right now." scenario.

She probably isn't worth it to be honest. Hence why I posted it here to get opinions and recommendations

What would you put in place of archdruid and fauna shaman? Llanowar elves or overgrown battlement for the druid? what would replace the shaman? It's not like she has a need that has to be replaced.

And I'm still working on a sideboard. My current one is repulsively bad and it needs to be scattered to the winds.  Maybe 4 beastmaster's ascensions and 3 or 4 avenger of zendikar? I've always wanted a sideboard that could alter my deck strategy completely to throw off my opponent and changing it from Big Stompy Smash to Token Swarm would be sweet.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio My Trade Thread: http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/24019517/Dereks_Haves_and_Wants?sdb=1&post_num=1#432983357 I attempted HTML but it didn't work so You'll have to copy/paste.
i have to agree Jake, Arbor Elf is pretty terrible. Treespeaker is the best ramp-on-a-stick in the format. T1 Treespeaker, T2 Level + regular 2 drop, T3 5 drop, 6 drop if you played Explore or Nest Invader. Speed green overall is pretty ridiculous. T3 Terra Stomper makes for a very short clock.

Hmm, yea, but the only problem I run into with treespeaker is actually having that 2nd land in my opening hand.  T1 - Treespeaker, T2 . . . . swing for 1?  Maybe I'll just switch it up and run 2 of each, because you do make a good point about the card.  As the deck plays right now, a turn 4 win is possible, especially considering dropping either khalni hydra or channelers early (channelers being a 5/5 with stampede, anyway)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
P so i have been working on an eldrazi ascention deck since worldwake as a pet project of sorts, and this is what i've come up with....

the beaters: 25
1 scute mobImage.ashx?type=card&name=scute mob
llanowar elvesImage.ashx?type=card&name=llandowar elves
birds of paradiseImage.ashx?type=card&name=birds of paradise
lotus cobraImage.ashx?type=card&name=lotus cobra
elvish visionaryImage.ashx?type=card&name=elvish visionary (can become more cultivate and explores for rotation purposes)
great sable stagImage.ashx?type=card&name=great sable stag (this can become some other beater, like obstinate baloth post rotation)
omnath, locus of manaImage.ashx?type=card&name=omnath, locus of mana
,2 wolfbriar elementalImage.ashx?type=card&name=wolfbriar elemental
master of the wild huntImage.ashx?type=card&name=master of the wild hunt (can be replaced with more wolfbriars for rotation purposes)
avenger of zendikarImage.ashx?type=card&name=avenger of zendikar
1 primeval titanImage.ashx?type=card&name=primeval titan

the spells:15
eldrazi monumentImage.ashx?type=card&name=eldrazi monument
beastmaster ascensionImage.ashx?type=card&name=beastmaster ascention
cultivateImage.ashx?type=card&name=cultivate
exploreImage.ashx?type=card&name=explore
2 soul's majestyImage.ashx?type=card&name=soul's majesty (can be replaced with momentous fall for rotation purposes)
2 summoning trapImage.ashx?type=card&name=summoning trap

land:20
4 khalni gardenImage.ashx?type=card&name=khalni garden
16 forestImage.ashx?type=card&name=forest

sideboard:15
4 nissa's chosenImage.ashx?type=card&name=nissa's chosen
4 nissa revaneImage.ashx?type=card&name=nissa revane
4 mold shamblerImage.ashx?type=card&name=mold shambler
3 pithing needleImage.ashx?type=card&name=pithing needle
well the ideas were taken from quite a few decks, for example this deck gets the indestructable beats of the monument, it is in classic overrun style, i've also cannibalized some 0f turboland and valakut into this deck for massive token beats and whatnot. finally this steals from mythic it's massive manadork ramping, while still dumping on the field massive beats with tokens to great success.

anyways to the how to play the deck:
 you mana ramp really really well with the elves, birds, lotus cobra or you use omnath as a green mana battery :P also cultivate should help with that as well, you make alot of tokens or huge guys and just run them over. there are numerous ways to accomplish this, by means of playing the beastmaster ascention, eldrazi monument, or making omnath/scute mob really large naturally, you bounce back from world wipes by means of using your massive mana gain capabilities to dump an extrordinarily multikicked wolfbriar, avenger of zendikar, or drawing alot to refill your hand with soul's majesty.

the sideboard explanation:
ok so here's why my sideboard is as it is, nissa and her chosen go in against a spot removal heavy deck, because nissa's chosen just keep coming back, and nissa can be replaced with another one really easily. they slowly run out of resources and you win the attrition game.

the shamblers go in for valakut mostly and mythic to just explode conscriptions left right and center, and pithing needle is overall good planeswalker hate whenever needed.

any questions comments, flames or whatever are appriciated to hear feedback about this deck...
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
Casually strolling in to post this:

Creatures:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Arbor Elf
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Nissa's Chosen
4x Oran-Rief Survivalist
4x Timbermaw Larva
4x Mold Shambler

Spells:
4x Vines of Vastwood
4x Primal Bellow
4x Giant Growth

Land:
4x Quicksand
16x Forests

I'd post better cards, but this is what I have on hand at the moment, so I'll build/improve off of this...

Silly mono green stompy deck could use improvement, I guess...

If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the Info-High!

Hmm, yea, but the only problem I run into with treespeaker is actually having that 2nd land in my opening hand.  T1 - Treespeaker, T2 . . . . swing for 1?  Maybe I'll just switch it up and run 2 of each, because you do make a good point about the card.  As the deck plays right now, a turn 4 win is possible, especially considering dropping either khalni hydra or channelers early (channelers being a 5/5 with stampede, anyway)

This one minor drawback is fixed easily by the simple fact that unless your deck is named "Sligh" (or you've mulliganed to 5) you have absolutely no business keeping a one land hand.
Here's my Ascension list that's pretty consistent and quick:

4x Birds of Paradise
4x Joraga Treespeaker
4x Garruk's Companion
4x Nest Invader
4x Leatherback Baloth
4x Obstinate Baloth
4x Kozilek's Predator

3x Beastmaster Ascension
4x Overwhelming Stampede

3x Garruk Wildspeaker

18x Forest
4x Khalni Garden

Evolving sideboard:

4x River Boa
4x Mold Shambler
4x Wolfbriar Elemental
3x Canopy Cover

In all reality I'd have Vengevines in place of Leatherback Baloths, but I'm not that fortunate. I'm also looking for something else to replace the Canopy Covers...any ideas?
I'd replace canopy cover with either vines of vastwood or gravity well, depending on whether you need protection vs. removal, or protection vs. flyers. Vines also has the added benefit of giving an additional +4/+4 to your stampedes.

This one minor drawback is fixed easily by the simple fact that unless your deck is named "Sligh" (or you've mulliganed to 5) you have absolutely no business keeping a one land hand.

Well, I guess I'll have to call my deck sligh then. I can keep one-land hands consistenly, as long as my 1-drops can do something next turn, like play a sylvan ranger to make it a 2-land hand.  Or better yet, when I DO get a 2-land opener, I can play elvish archdruid 2nd turn instead of a nest invader or something similar for 1G.  I do think, however, that the treespeaker is good and I hated taking them out of my deck.  Maybe I'll just replace some noncreature spells with the treespeakers and keep arbor elves too. . . . who knows?  At this point, I'm changing this deck daily.

BTW, noob question, but what exactly is "sligh"?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Sligh is (was?) a red deck similar to red deck wins, but with mostly, if not entirely,  one drop creatures and burn spells.

@ Beebles: SQP is right. you shouldn't keep one land hands unless a) you have accelerants or b) you're hand is so full of the nuts and you're on the draw that your hand is one land away from being a "god hand". an easy way to fix it is to just make room for a few more lands.

@ Necro Ashes: You don't need Venge Vine. He really isn't an auto include in every green deck. green is lucky in that it doesn't need a bunch of mythics to be awesome. As for the canopys, definitely go with Vines of Vastwood.
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
Sigh. Sorry about my not leaving up to my promise of posting a list by time I went to bed. In my insomnia, I getting distracted by TVTropes and staying up until 7:00 A.M. anyway.

Anyway, there was two things I've been meaning to talk about, JaketheLate. Well, one thing I've been "meaning to talk about" since I've already mentioned Autumn's Veil:

• I'm kind of surprised you were using Quest for the Gemblades in your deck. It just seems kind of...mediocre. (Then again, I probably should speak considering I want to use some of the other Quests. Have you had positive experiences with it?
  • I guess my problem with Autumn's Veil is that even in sideboard, it has to compete with things like Vines of Vastwood, Great Sable Stag, Terra Stomper, Summoning Trap and some other things. I guess what bugs me about it if that it grant Protection from Blue and Black (but then it'd probably have to cost at least 3cmc, probably GGG) and that it can be countered itself (though that's hardly a concern) on top of being color specific while Vines of Vastwood isn't. It also doesn't help that even if it HAD given protection, it hitting all your creatures wouldn't save it from things like Consume the Meek or Consuming Vapors. Meh. I just have the same "meh" reaction about it that I have with Plummet despite having been excited about them when I first learned about them (and really liking the art on Autumn's Veil). Shrug.

At present, I'm still struggling to think up a mono-Green deck that can take advantage of Leyline of Sanctity. So far I think I've got two different decks and another deck that could potentially use both it and Omnath. Only problem thus far is that they just feel like they'd better being dual color decks (W/G for the token/Khalni one and R/G for the Protean one) and that mono-Green's only useful "buffing" enchantment will forever remain Beastmaster's Ascension.

Then again, I do suck at deck building having next to no experience at it (and still being currently able to get my copy of Magic Online working--that was $10 wasted).

*shrugs*

I'll try to post something before I go to bed tonight. Promise, especially since I'll be losing consciousness earlier than usual.

if you don't have a blue control heavy meta, then you should think about running something else.

As to the Gemblades, it synergizes with Warcaller, but what it mainly is is a combat trick. It's on the board, so instead of being able to mise a blocker from them, what happens is they don't want to block your little guys and risk getting beaten down. Can you imagine what it feels like to have Jar Jar Sphinx, and not being able to block a Llanowar Elves effectively?

I would never use it if I felt AT ALL like bringing the deck to anything more than FNM, but it's fun, cute, and requires people to think to play it/play against it. one game, I blocked a Kozilek, cracked the quest, and kicked two vines, killing Kozilek with a LLANOWAR ELVES! My opponent took a pic for facebook.
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
Ah, I see. I had suspected as much about the combat trick, though I must admit that I didn't see the synergy between Warcaller and Gemblades. That's quite ingenious for something that isn't a serious deck, I must say.

(Then again, I suppose I must also admit that I'm partial towards "tribal" decks as it is.)

Anyway, my computer sort of crashed (or did something weird at least) around midnight last night, so I decided to give it a break for a while. Then it took a while to finalize things, especially since I feel like as I said post before this one that I feel like Leyline would ultimately better in dual color decks. The only reason I bothered to finish, besides "promising", is because it seems like anything that with four Leyline of Vitality in the main deck can't lose to RDW or burn decks ever.*

Without further ado, I'll just post these decks that are probably still all over the place:

It feels like I should have slightly more Forests or only Forests if I'm using Howl. The two Overrun are there just because it seems odd to not have some type of Overrun effect in a token deck. Garruk Wildspeaker would probably be better, but he's doubtless more expensive and I'm pretty miserly.

Protean is basically immune to damage (which means he's basically indestructible versus red decks--he even makes Destructive Force weep) with Leyline of Vitality on the field. Might as well take advantage of that (Even if it would obviously be better with Red, as seen by having to use Predatory Urge and Master of the Wild Hunt to take advantage of Hydra. There also the only way to kill other creatures.)

I feel like Howl of the Night Pack would probably better here considering what I'm using the wolves for in this deck, but it's just funny to imagine accidentally decking yourself with Momentous Fall. It's not like it doesn't have its use, especially since at least one Hydra is going to get Day of Judgment or something else if it doesn't have Canopy Cover on it.

Not going to bother with a sideboard either of them considering I don't have money to actually play anyone outside of on Magic Online, which currently won't work for me. Hurray!

Hoarding Dragon has caught my eye, so I'll think of that Omnath deck later. I'll keep the one suggested in mind, though. Thanks.

*I'm sure both of these decks get destroyed by Pyromancer Ascension, though, which technically counts as burn deck as well.

Creatures:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Arbor Elf
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Nissa's Chosen
4x Oran-Rief Survivalist
4x Timbermaw Larva
4x Mold Shambler

Spells:
4x Vines of Vastwood
4x Primal Bellow
4x Giant Growth

Land:
4x Quicksand
16x Forests

I'd post better cards, but this is what I have on hand at the moment, so I'll build/improve off of this...

hm I'm guessing you're budget, so what I'd try for is some efficient tramplers like garruk's companion or one-sided shroud guys like sacred wolf
I might also get just a few equipment, like trusty machety. something cheap to cast and equip, that'll make your mana guys into  sufficient beaters. no more than 4 count
Here's my Ascension list that's pretty consistent and quick:

4x Birds of Paradise
4x Joraga Treespeaker
4x Garruk's Companion
4x Nest Invader
4x Leatherback Baloth
4x Obstinate Baloth
4x Kozilek's Predator

3x Beastmaster Ascension
4x Overwhelming Stampede

3x Garruk Wildspeaker

18x Forest
4x Khalni Garden

Evolving sideboard:

4x River Boa
4x Mold Shambler
4x Wolfbriar Elemental
3x Canopy Cover

In all reality I'd have Vengevines in place of Leatherback Baloths, but I'm not that fortunate. I'm also looking for something else to replace the Canopy Covers...any ideas?

garruk's companion in your deck isn't a good enough beater, he dies too easily and won't give as much utility as I'd like. if there were more stuff like nest invader I'd definately go for that, but the best things off the top of my mind are river boa and lotus cobra.
if lotus cobra are reasonable definitely get him, he makes the deck incredibly fast.

I wouldn't do vines of the vastwood mainboard if possible, since it's not a threat by itself and isn't good enough if used only as pump. plus smart opponents will just start removing your guys on their turn so that the pump is pointless. leatherback baloth is much better than vines.
I'd run llanowar elves over joraga treespeaker, that kind of ramp fits better into your curve and doesn't open you up to well-timed removal setting you back.

Creatures:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Arbor Elf
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Nissa's Chosen
4x Oran-Rief Survivalist
4x Timbermaw Larva
4x Mold Shambler

Spells:
4x Vines of Vastwood
4x Primal Bellow
4x Giant Growth

Land:
4x Quicksand
16x Forests

hm I'm guessing you're budget, so what I'd try for is some efficient tramplers like garruk's companion or one-sided shroud guys like sacred wolf
I might also get just a few equipment, like trusty machety. something cheap to cast and equip, that'll make your mana guys into  sufficient beaters. no more than 4 count

More like in between budget (KINDA NOT ROLLING IN CASH, BRO) and not able to acquire cards... but if I wanted to jam in equipment, what do you think I should cut?

In other news, I can see myself swapping Survivalist for Garruk's Companion; trample's a valuable ability.

If I can grab some TecEdges and/or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, those could go in the SB and swap places with the Quicksands or something...

Autumn's Veil should be an autoinclude against counter-heavy decks, and I can see them rotating around with Vines of Vastwood...
If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the Info-High!