PLACE ALL YOUR VAMPIRE DECKS HERE

709 posts / 0 new
Last post
Read title.  Post here and someone will give you help.

Current Vampire Thread Helpers:

1.  BeatusNox
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
Starting off this show, My current B/R vampire build.

Creatures:20
3 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Gatekeeper of Malakir
3 Vampire Lacerator
4 Bloodghast
3 Pulse Tracker
4 Vampire Nighthawk

Non-Creature Spells: 18
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Sign in Blood
3 Duress
4 Terminate
4 Blightning

Lands: 22
4 Dragonskull Summit
7 Mountain
11 Swamp

Things to consider,  Taking out mountains for more swamps due to the overwhelming Black compared to Red mana use. Also more to consider, fetch lands for deck thinning, this is how the deck sits at the moment.  When I get home from work tonight, I will post a Mono-black and a probably a Black-Green build as well.
I Agree with Indigo IMAGE(http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Bigbadmamajama/noheroescopy.jpg) ^^ WIP atm, if you can name the song its from, I will love you forever. That is me
Anowon seems a bit iffy. He dies to a Lightning Bolt, and he's costs 5 for a 4/3 who will probably get removed. I'd run more Malakir Bloodwitch instead. She says NO to Baneslayer and Sun Titan, has incredible protection from removal (being that magic 4 toughness, black, and path-proof) and nets you more life if you have more vampires. I'd also up the count of your Bloodghast to 4.
Here's a mono black vampire deck I'm currently working, havent played Magic in quite some time so it could be alot better im sure.

Creatures (20)
    1 Butcher of Malakir
    1 Captivating Vampire
    4 Child of Night
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    4 Guul Draz Vampire
    1 Malakir Bloodwitch
    2 Vampire Aristocrat
    4 Vampire Lacerator
    2 Vampire Nighthawk

Artifacts (2)
    2 Blade of the Bloodchief

Enchants (2)
    1 Sanguine Bond
    1 Demon's Horn

Sorcerys (6)
    1 Blood Tribute
    3 Diabolic Tutor
    2 Feast of Blood

Instant (6)
    2 Doom Blade
    2 Urge to Feed
    2 Vampire's Bite

Lands (24)
    4 Piranha Marsh
    20 Swamp
Anowon seems a bit iffy. He dies to a Lightning Bolt, and he's costs 5 for a 4/3 who will probably get removed. I'd run more Malakir Bloodwitch instead. She says NO to Baneslayer and Sun Titan, has incredible protection from removal (being that magic 4 toughness, black, and path-proof) and nets you more life if you have more vampires. I'd also up the count of your Bloodghast to 4.

That is one thing I was considering, Like i said, it was using cards I have for the most part, What i am thinking, Is dropping the Anowon, Adding a Bloodghast and a Bloodwitch.
I Agree with Indigo IMAGE(http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Bigbadmamajama/noheroescopy.jpg) ^^ WIP atm, if you can name the song its from, I will love you forever. That is me
This 1 thread will unclutter most of this board. Awesome.
Here's a mono black vampire deck I'm currently working, havent played Magic in quite some time so it could be alot better im sure.

Creatures (20)
    1 Butcher of Malakir
    1 Captivating Vampire
    4 Child of Night
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    4 Guul Draz Vampire
    1 Malakir Bloodwitch
    2 Vampire Aristocrat
    4 Vampire Lacerator
    2 Vampire Nighthawk

Artifacts (2)

Enchants (2)
    1 Sanguine Bond
    1 Demon's Horn

Sorcerys (6)
    1 Blood Tribute
    3 Diabolic Tutor
    2 Feast of Blood

Instant (6)
    2 Doom Blade
    2 Urge to Feed
    2 Vampire's Bite

Lands (24)
    4 Piranha Marsh
    20 Swamp

-4 Child of Night
-2 Vampire Aristocrat
+2 Vampire Nighthawk
+3Gatekeeper of Malakir
-1 Butcher of Malakir
+2 Malakir Bloodwitch

-2 Blade of the Bloodchief
+3 Basilisks Collar

-1 Demon's Horn
+2 Sanguine Bond

-1 Blood Tribute
-3 Diabolic Tutor
+3 Sign in Blood
+3 Duress

+1 Doom Blade
-2 Vampire's Bite

-2 Piranha Marsh.

Try something like that. It should be a little more consistent and give you a little more utility.

Creatures (20)
    1 Butcher of Malakir
    1 Captivating Vampire
    4 Child of Night
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    4 Guul Draz Vampire
    1 Malakir Bloodwitch
    2 Vampire Aristocrat
    4 Vampire Lacerator
    2 Vampire Nighthawk

Artifacts (2)

Enchants (2)
    1 Sanguine Bond
    1 Demon's Horn

Sorcerys (6)
    1 Blood Tribute
    3 Diabolic Tutor
    2 Feast of Blood

Instant (6)
    2 Doom Blade
    2 Urge to Feed
    2 Vampire's Bite

Lands (24)
    4 Piranha Marsh
    20 Swamp

-4 Child of Night
-2 Vampire Aristocrat
+2 Vampire Nighthawk
+3Gatekeeper of Malakir
-1 Butcher of Malakir
+2 Malakir Bloodwitch

+3 Basilisks Collar

-1 Demon's Horn
+2 Sanguine Bond

-1 Blood Tribute
-3 Diabolic Tutor
+3 Sign in Blood
+3 Duress

+1 Doom Blade
-2 Vampire's Bite

-2 Piranha Marsh.

Try something like that. It should be a little more consistent and give you a little more utility.

Thanks for the advice.

The biggest reason I'm lacking
consistency is due to my limited amount of cards (just started back last month with an Intro deck and some boosters).
This is my current vampire list.
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Kalastria Highborn
2 Vampire Nocturnus
3 Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
3 Bloodghast
1 Nirkana Revenant
4 Tendrils of Corruption
4 Consuming Vapors
4 Sign in Blood
23 Swamp

It's been working pretty well for me. I personally like Drana a lot more than Malakir Bloodwitch or Anowon. My reasons for this choice is that the deck already has plenty of lifegain and Drana serves as additional removal and finishes games with usually one or 2 attacks.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

I'd drop the Highborn count to 2 and the Nocturnus count to 4.  V. Nocturnus is too good not to be a playset.  If you can't afford anymore, then keep the Highborns.

Also, 8 fetches seems good to help with dead Nocturnus flips.

Corrupt seems good in here as well.
I'd drop the Highborn count to 2 and the Nocturnus count to 4.  V. Nocturnus is too good not to be a playset.  If you can't afford anymore, then keep the Highborns.

Also, 8 fetches seems good to help with dead Nocturnus flips.

Corrupt seems good in here as well.

I don't think I'm going to get two more nocturnus since they're still kind of expensive and are rotating out pretty soon. Fetches would be helpful, but they're out of my price range.

What would you recommend removing for corrupt? I really like the card, but I don't know what to take out.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Creatures (20)
    1 Butcher of Malakir
    1 Captivating Vampire
    4 Child of Night
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    4 Guul Draz Vampire
    1 Malakir Bloodwitch
    2 Vampire Aristocrat
    4 Vampire Lacerator
    2 Vampire Nighthawk

Artifacts (2)

Enchants (2)
    1 Sanguine Bond
    1 Demon's Horn

Sorcerys (6)
    1 Blood Tribute
    3 Diabolic Tutor
    2 Feast of Blood

Instant (6)
    2 Doom Blade
    2 Urge to Feed
    2 Vampire's Bite

Lands (24)
    4 Piranha Marsh
    20 Swamp

-4 Child of Night
-2 Vampire Aristocrat
+2 Vampire Nighthawk
+3Gatekeeper of Malakir
-1 Butcher of Malakir
+2 Malakir Bloodwitch

+3 Basilisks Collar

-1 Demon's Horn
+2 Sanguine Bond

-1 Blood Tribute
-3 Diabolic Tutor
+3 Sign in Blood
+3 Duress

+1 Doom Blade
-2 Vampire's Bite

-2 Piranha Marsh.

Not having many of the cards mentioned in your suggestion, this is what I managed. Do you think its a better build then my previous build?

I added in 3x Sign in Blood and removed 3x Diabolic Tutor, I also increased Doom blade by 1.

mtg.flip-edesign.com/?p=16
My bloodchief ascension vampire deck:

Creatures:

4x Vampire Lacerator
4x Pulse Tracker
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir

Spells:
4x Feast of Blood
4x Hidious End
4x Vendetta
4x Disfigure
4x Sign in Blood

Enchantments:
4x Bloodchief Ascension

Artifacts:
2x Blade of the Bloodchief

18x Swamp
-4 Child of Night
-2 Vampire Aristocrat
+2 Vampire Nighthawk
+3Gatekeeper of Malakir
-1 Butcher of Malakir
+2 Malakir Bloodwitch

+3 Basilisks Collar

-1 Demon's Horn
+2 Sanguine Bond

-1 Blood Tribute
-3 Diabolic Tutor
+3 Sign in Blood
+3 Duress

+1 Doom Blade
-2 Vampire's Bite

-2 Piranha Marsh.

Not having many of the cards mentioned in your suggestion, this is what I managed. Do you think its a better build then my previous build?

I added in 3x Sign in Blood and removed 3x Diabolic Tutor, I also increased Doom blade by 1.

mtg.flip-edesign.com/?p=16

Better? Yes. Good? Not quite. The changes I made are basically how you want it to sit right now. There can be some variation, but staples like Gatekeeper of Malakir and Vampire Nighthawk  you really want to have at a minimum of 3. And you want to sideboard Vampire Hexmage in atleast 3. Barony Vampire Should be out, it really is not that good of a card.
I understand not having the card, but I would then play with friends and proxy an ideal list, and it will show you just how much stronger it can be.
My bloodchief ascension vampire deck:

Creatures:

4x Vampire Lacerator
4x Pulse Tracker
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir

Spells:
4x Feast of Blood
4x Hidious End
4x Vendetta
4x Disfigure
4x Sign in Blood

Enchantments:
4x Bloodchief Ascension

Artifacts:
2x Blade of the Bloodchief

18x Swamp

Doom Blade is better than Vendetta is most cases. I would run it instead.  I would try to find room for Duress and Inquisition, the two of them force discards, and it will help Ascension deal damage.
bump to keep this noticeable.
Edited my first post to show some changes I have made in the deck. And moving this up the page. More C&C is appreciated, slowly but surely its getting much more consistent.
Guul Draz Vampire x1
Pulse Tracker x2
Child of Night x3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x1
Vampire Hexmage x3
Vampire Nighthawk x4
Bloodhusk Ritualist x2
Vein Drinker x1

Feast of Blood x3
Sadistic Sacrament x4
Diabolic Tutor x4
Sanguine Bond x1

Elixir of Immortality x4
Basilisk Collar x2
Eternity Vessel x1

Swamp x24

Played this at Game Day on Saturday. Lifegain + Graveyard Recycling = Unlimited Sadistic Sacraments. I got trounced, but I still have faith in the concept.
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
Guul Draz Vampire x1
Pulse Tracker x2
Child of Night x3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x1
Vampire Hexmage x3
Vampire Nighthawk x4
Bloodhusk Ritualist x2
Vein Drinker x1

Feast of Blood x3
Sadistic Sacrament x4
Diabolic Tutor x4
Sanguine Bond x1

Elixir of Immortality x4
Basilisk Collar x2
Eternity Vessel x1

Swamp x24

Played this at Game Day on Saturday. Lifegain + Graveyard Recycling = Unlimited Sadistic Sacraments. I got trounced, but I still have faith in the concept.

Were you planning on Sacramenting your opponent out of cards? While it might be fun it's way too slow to use in a tournament, so if that's your concept I'm not sure what help I can offer, also with all the number of Vengevines running you are likely to run into a fair amount of graveyard hate. The only hope I could see for this idea would be to aim towards a mono-black control, add some artifact mana acceleration, broad band removal (Consume the meekConsuming VaporsAll is Dust) and card drawing in Sign in Blood and maybe Liliana Vess... I still don't think it'll be competitive though
I'm not really sure why you mentioned Vengevine considering that Sadistic Sacrament exiles cards. That and Vengevine cares abouts its own graveyard, not the opponent's. You're thinking of Leyline of the Void.

That said, for a deck based around Sadistic Sacrament and Vampires, I'm rather surprised to not see Nirkana Revenant, especially since it's not rotating out or anything and you have all those swamps. I mean, a kicked Sadistic Sacrament should basically win you the game.

Speaking of creature choice, why are you using one-ofs Guul Draz Vampire, Gatekeeper of Malakir and Vein Drinker? Why not just three-of Gatekeeper? Vein Drinker seems pretty useless considering you don't even have access to red mana. Vein Drinker is markedly inferior to Malakir Bloodwitch anyway.

It's nice to see a deck at least attempt to use Elixir of Immortality, though.

Anyway, since this is now "THE" Vampire deck thread, I'm curious as to what the opinions on Captivating Vampire are and opinions on the fact that any Vampire deck is basically forced to be mono-black.

"Heroes are rare because heroism is so inherently stupid. In giving their all for the good of others, most die and are forgotten. 

In serving only yourself, however...."

Currently working on "Starshift".

That said, for a deck based around Sadistic Sacrament and Vampires, I'm rather surprised to not see Nirkana Revenant, especially since it's not rotating out or anything and you have all those swamps. I mean, a kicked Sadistic Sacrament should basically win you the game.

Speaking of creature choice, why are you using one-ofs Guul Draz Vampire, Gatekeeper of Malakir and Vein Drinker? Why not just three-of Gatekeeper? Vein Drinker seems pretty useless considering you don't even have access to red mana. Vein Drinker is markedly inferior to Malakir Bloodwitch anyway.

Yeah, this deck was slapped together the night before, so I used the cards I had and never playtested. Nirkana Revenant seems a good fit though. I'll try to get a couple.
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
I'm not really sure why you mentioned Vengevine considering that Sadistic Sacrament exiles cards. That and Vengevine cares abouts its own graveyard, not the opponent's. You're thinking of Leyline of the Void.

Anyway, since this is now "THE" Vampire deck thread, I'm curious as to what the opinions on Captivating Vampire are and opinions on the fact that any Vampire deck is basically forced to be mono-black.

B/G Vampires will run fairly well, run bloodthrones and Mitotic slimes and other creatures that love stuff dieing to get more power. A sacrifice deck.
Guul Draz Vampire x1
Pulse Tracker x2
Child of Night x3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x1
Vampire Hexmage x3
Vampire Nighthawk x4
Bloodhusk Ritualist x2
Vein Drinker x1

Feast of Blood x3
Sadistic Sacrament x4
Diabolic Tutor x4
Sanguine Bond x1

Elixir of Immortality x4
Basilisk Collar x2
Eternity Vessel x1

Swamp x24

Were you planning on Sacramenting your opponent out of cards? While it might be fun it's way too slow to use in a tournament, so if that's your concept I'm not sure what help I can offer, also with all the number of Vengevines running you are likely to run into a fair amount of graveyard hate. The only hope I could see for this idea would be to aim towards a mono-black control, add some artifact mana acceleration, broad band removal (Consume the meekConsuming VaporsAll is Dust) and card drawing in Sign in Blood and maybe Liliana Vess... I still don't think it'll be competitive though

-3 Child of Night
-1 Vein Drinker
-2 Bloodhusk Ritualist
-1 Guul Draz Vampire
-2 Pulse Tracker

+4 Bloodghast
+2 Gatekeeper of Malakir
+3 Malakir Bloodwitch

-4 Diabolic Tutor
+3 Tendrils of Corruption When these cycle out Corrupt I guess.
+2 Sanguine Bond

-2 Basilisk Collar
+1 Eternity Vessel

Reasoning behind the eternity vessel, Whenever you change your life, according to the rules I was quoted you do in fact, gain or lose life to get to that change, so if you are at 15, and you use eternity Vessels landfall, you gain 5 and the Sanguine bond activates, the reasoning behind Tendrils is to deal Damage to them twice basically, You deal the initial damage, then gain that much life, and deal that same amount again, if you have both on the battlefield, depending how late in the game, you can instantly win.
Yeah, the errata for Eternity Vessel says that it triggers cards like Sanguine Bond.

Also, yes, it would appear that I had already forgotten about the sacrifical B/G Vampire deck built in  "The Process" article from two weeks ago. It probably left my mind because it was so very aggro and had no staying power, basically being a more sketchy version of RDL (at least given what I think I know about RDL).

Anyway, I'm guessing this means you have no real opinion on Captivating Vampire at the moment, BeatusNox?

"Heroes are rare because heroism is so inherently stupid. In giving their all for the good of others, most die and are forgotten. 

In serving only yourself, however...."

Currently working on "Starshift".

Yeah, the errata for Eternity Vessel says that it triggers cards like Sanguine Bond.

Also, yes, it would appear that I had already forgotten about the sacrifical B/G Vampire deck built in  "The Process" article from two weeks ago. It probably left my mind because it was so very aggro and had no staying power, basically being a more sketchy version of RDL (at least given what I think I know about RDL).

Anyway, I'm guessing this means you have no real opinion on Captivating Vampire at the moment, BeatusNox?

At the moment His second effect is too expensive due to all the removal that is out there, and his +1/+1 ability is mediocre at best and Screams 'pick me pick me' for being destroyed.  The only thing he has going for him is that he is not a Legendary Creature.

Depending on what Scars brings my opinions may make a total 180, but as it stands, I would much rather Drop a Nighthawk and Gatekeeper in that mana slot and move on....Gatekeeper should Be kicked, essentially making it pay 3 black, target player sacrifices a creature.

Also as of Right now, I see Malakir Bloodwitch,  and Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, as much stronger Vampires, though their Mana costs are higher, they have much more utility, and overall poweer, Kalastria Highborne is also in my opinion stronger than Captivating Vampire, and for less cost. If butcher of Malakir had one more Toughness Iwould have him as one of the better finishers, Especially, when you consider if he swings in the air, say he is able to kill a Baneslayer, If they have any other creatures on the field they die, But in a format without much for mana gen, I do not think is very playable.  Nirkana Revenant is a good finisher often overlooked, Personally due to the duality of my deck having that red splash, I do not have room for her, but she is a monstrously powerful card.  The most important thing, Many of these cards, that I am saying are stronger than Captivating, are also not legendary, so you are not limited to how many can be in play.

Captivating vampire could have been made much better, if his text had said 'All Vampires' he would be much higher in my opinion, so in a format that still allows Nocturnus, he is a crappy substitue.  When Scars, Mirrodin Pure and New Pherexia come out, there maybe some cards that make captivating that much better. However as it stands right now, Captivating, is a mediocre card at best, dies to basically any removal that does not say 'Target non-black' without much hassle at all.
Here's the list I ran at Game Day.  It is a fairly budget deck that only loses Tendrils at the upcoming rotation.  I own the fetches because I primarily play Legacy and they will always be good, but I was unwilling to fork out cash or cards for Nocturnus since it is only used in one deck and is about to rotate (plus I wanted to have a deck that I could continue to play at T2 events for more than one year).  I went with the surprisingly effective Seer-Bloodghast-Highborn combo.  The deck is far from top tier (it is very weak against Jund and ramp decks), but I received a lot of compliments for piloting it to the Top 8!

4x Viscera Seer 
4x Bloodghast 
4x Kalastria Highborn 
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir 
4x Vampire Nighthawk 
2x Malakir Bloodwitch

4x Disfigure 
4x Tendrils of Corruption 
4x Sign in Blood 
2x Grim Discovery

4x Verdant Catacombs 
4x Marsh Flats 
2x Tectonic Edge 
14x Swamp

Sideboard
4x Duress 
4x Doom Blade 
4x Vampire Hexmage 
2x Mind Sludge 
1x Malakir Bloodwitch 

I have found the deck to be very consistent.  It is redundant and can assemble its pieces fairly quickly.  It does a reasonable job of "going aggro" if it has to (in one round my opponent started the game with Leyline of Sanctity in play to cut off my combo and stop Duress, but I simply turned my vamps sideways and overwhelmed him).  Viscera Seer not only allows you to combo with Bloodghast and Highborn for large chunks of life loss and scry (so that you can make sure you'll draw another land), it also allows you to sac Gatekeepers to be brought back with Grim Discovery (which also works well with bringing back Tectonic Edge).  Fetch lands are stellar in that they allow you to go crazy with sacing Bloodghasts, can be brought back with Grim Discovery to make sure you don't miss land drops, and thin out your library so that you draw gas late game.  I'd love to hear constructive critiques or answer questions!  

I noticed a lot of these decks don't run bloodchief ascension -- is there a particular reason for this????
I noticed a lot of these decks don't run bloodchief ascension -- is there a particular reason for this????

It takes too long to become active and it's often a terrible top-deck card late in the game (unless you are already winning in which case it doesn't really matter what you draw).  Essentially, it doesn't do enough on its own.

It takes too long to become active and it's often a terrible top-deck card late in the game (unless you are already winning in which case it doesn't really matter what you draw).  Essentially, it doesn't do enough on its own.

ah, ok thanks ^^  good info
Here's my vampire deck, it doesn't have Nocturnus because its going out of rotation and i dont want to invest in them because of it.

Creatures: 28

Bloodghast x4
Vampire Hexmage x4
Kalastria Highborn x3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x4
Vampire Nighthawk x4
Captivating Vampire x4
Malakir Bloodwitch x4
Anowon, the Ruin Sage x1

Sorceries/Instants: 8
Mind Sludge x2
Doom Blade x3
Consuming Vapors x2
Corrupt x1

Lands:24
Swamp x23
Crypt of Agadeem x1

Side: 13
Corrupt x2
Sadistic Sacrament x2
Haunting Echoes x2
Consuming Vapors x1
Guul Draz Vampire x4
Consume Spirit x2
Any suggestions or critisicms are appreciated
Here's my vampire deck, it doesn't have Nocturnus because its going out of rotation and i dont want to invest in them because of it.

Creatures: 28

Bloodghast x4
Vampire Hexmage x4
Kalastria Highborn x3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x4
Vampire Nighthawk x4
Captivating Vampire x4
Malakir Bloodwitch x4
Anowon, the Ruin Sage x1

Sorceries/Instants: 8
Mind Sludge x2
Doom Blade x3
Consuming Vapors x2
Corrupt x1

Lands:24
Swamp x23
Crypt of Agadeem x1

Side: 13
Corrupt x2
Sadistic Sacrament x2
Haunting Echoes x2
Consuming Vapors x1
Guul Draz Vampire x4
Consume Spirit x2
Any suggestions or critisicms are appreciated

why u dont use bloodthrone vampire - great synegry with bloodghast and kalastria highborn

why u dont use bloodthrone vampire - great synegry with bloodghast and kalastria highborn

Well, what would i take out for it?
Hi All. I finally built a type 2 legal Vampire deck for friday night magic in a couple weeks.
It's a mono black deck.
here's the list
Barony Vampire x3
Bloodhusk Ritualist x2
Quag Sickness x2
Child of Night x4
Doom Blade x4
Duress x2
Corrupt x2
Pulse Tracker x4
Viscera Seer x3
Royal Assassin x1
Rise from the Grave x2
Captivating Vampire x3
Sign in Blood x2
Tendrils of Corruption x1
Reassembling Skeleton x2
Guul Draz Vampire x1 (I want more!)
Diabloic Tutor x1

Swamp x21

Side Board
Sorcerer's Strongbox x1
Corrupt x2
Bloodthrone Vampire x3
Duress x1
Smother x2
Diabolic Tutor x1
Howling Banshee x3
Swamp x2

I'm on a budget. So try to keep the cards to common, uncommon, and cheap rares. No planeswalkers! thanks.
Standard U/W Control. Suprise! Extended Jund? Elves Legacy Tendrils EDH Numot Karthus
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.

Well, what would i take out for it?

Well, you could take out Captivating Vampire.  It was just bad in my testing.  I would replace it with Viscera Seers instead of Bloodthrones because I like the scry effect and, more importantly, it fits the decks curve better.  A 1 drop fits so much better than yet another two drop.

This is what I think A Vamp deck should look like:

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapours
3 Mind Sludge

4 Malakir Bloodwitch is a bit excessive.  I'd drop 2 for 2 Kalastria Highborn and then we are looking at a good Vampire deck.

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapours
3 Mind Sludge

4 Malakir Bloodwitch is a bit excessive.  I'd drop 2 for 2 Kalastria Highborn and then we are looking at a good Vampire deck.

Heehee
Good vampire deck... funny.

Kill me.

You know what I meant.  Good for a Vampire Deck, as in for FNM, not for something big where Jund and everyone will eat it alive.  I'm not a fan of Vampires because it has no good MUs against Jund.

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapors
3 Mind Sludge

Needs fetch lands if you want to optimize your Nocturnus and Bloodghasts and the mana curve is too high.  0 1cc spells, 3 2cc spells, 2 3cc spells (gatekeeper counts as 3cc), 3 4cc spells, and 2 5cc spells.  

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapours
3 Mind Sludge

Side the Hexmages for Duress Mainboarded, Also Drop two bloodwitches, and one Ghast for Inquisition(hand smother) helps with the match ups against U/W and Jund IMO, it helps give you some more control to try to keep the match favorable, If you can kill off counters early, and force jund to lose stuff like blightning and Terminate, Or Pulse, you can start to get a more favorable match up, atleast from my testing. Is it consistent? Not totally, but it does make it a little better for you, It also helps against RDW If you can kill Bolts and Ball Lightnings. Bloodghast from my experience is running fine at 3,  As depending on what you are playing against it can be meh at best.

Sorry for quoting you halo instead of the poster of the deck, but I just wanted to cut in and add my two cents.

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapors
3 Mind Sludge

Needs fetch lands if you want to optimize your Nocturnus and Bloodghasts and the mana curve is too high.  0 1cc spells, 3 2cc spells, 2 3cc spells (gatekeeper counts as 3cc), 3 4cc spells, and 2 5cc spells.  

Thats true. I completly forgot about fetches.

@Beatus nox I suppose It could use two less bloodwitches.  I think the hexmages should stay mainboard though, as most decks use plainswalkers.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.

23 Swamp

4 Bloodghast
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire nighthawk
4 Vampire Nocturnus
4 Malakir Bloodwitch

4 Sign in Blood
4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consuming Vapors
3 Mind Sludge

Thats true. I completly forgot about fetches.

@Beatus nox I suppose It could use two less bloodwitches.  I think the hexmages should stay mainboard though, as most decks use plainswalkers.

Depending on the deck you are playing against, you should be able to drop them before their Walkers have the chance to really beat you down. Like I said, For decks centered around the long game, If you can use Duress to take away momentum from them by the time they get setup you can make it basically game over for them. Though it is also very meta dependent, though my meta has a lot of decks that utilize planeswalkers, I am normally able to out pace them. Then again, I am using a B/R Build with Blightnings and Duress. I honestly feel that hexmages are a nice card to side, plus, if you are playing against a deck with them, and you beat them without the Hexmages, siding them in can completely demoralize your opponent in G2 if you pop one on their planes walker.  Like I said, its almost entirely based on your local meta as to how you construct the main board versus the sideboard.