***2011*** Product Release Schedule

159 posts / 0 new
Last post

Products By Brand

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

PRODUCTS BY RELEASE DATE

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

THERE! Everything I can think of is on this thread! Enjoy, and I shall update it when firmer dates and/or new material manifests.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
More Forgotten Realms novels:

Sandstorm www.amazon.com/Sandstorm-Forgotten-Realm...

Bury Elminster Deep (Ed Greenwood, august 2011) (Not on Amazon yet)
Is ther more info on the fortune cards?

Will it be a new take on the RPGA cards?

Will it be like the Story cards? I remember a good number of card options from different publishers and for a number of systems.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Ok, I have seen that there is a pod cast link but could someone still sum it up for me my speakers are burned out.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Have you heard of the Twitter buffs in D&D Encounters? It's random stuff that happenes to your PC. Paizo is releasing something similar to it (paizo.com/store/gameAids/gameMasteryProd...   ). Apparently D&D Encounters will have some previews going on for it this fall.

Longreach: Had to check the Elminster one to see if it was legit. What's next? Elminster: A Fistful of Electrum? Tongue out

Edit: Also found some other novels on the horizon. Added.

Bump!
(Shouldn't this be stickied?)
Did I miss something, or are there no miniatures on your list?  That worries me a smidge.
Did I miss something, or are there no miniatures on your list?  That worries me a smidge.

At GenCon, they said they had plans for minis, but nothing definative yet. Perhaps they'll be another annual minis set a la Lords of Madness, perhaps a series of special non-collectible sets a la Beholders: Collector's Set, or something entirely different. It seems that WotC is really changing its presentation with all these boxed sets, so I'm guessing "something entirely different".

jr665: Stickied would be nice, but not entirely necessary yet.

Or perhaps they want to see how well tokens go over.  I know their on the edge about hard and soft cover books, so their probably on the edge about mini's and tokens.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Speaking as someone who (literally) has gallons of miniatures, I hope the tokens ideas goes off. I've had to spend thousands of dollars to get to where I am right now where I could get a mini for 98% of the monsters I run. If someone could spend $100 and get that level of coverage with representative tokens, I think a lot of young/poor DMs would take the plunge.

And that's not to say that they should abandon the minis. I see tokens as French's mustard and miniatures as Grey Poupon. You don't have to be rich to have mustard on your ham sandwich, but if you are, there are better condiments. For someone like myself, products like Orcus and the Beholders Set are exactly what I'm looking for.

Speaking as someone who (literally) has gallons of miniatures, I hope the tokens ideas goes off. I've had to spend thousands of dollars to get to where I am right now where I could get a mini for 98% of the monsters I run. If someone could spend $100 and get that level of coverage with representative tokens, I think a lot of young/poor DMs would take the plunge.

You know, not everyone has thousands of dollars on their hands. Some people could afford, for instance, only the three basic books, 32 minis and two sets of tiles because of other expenses.
Exactly. So give the consumers an option between 32 minis and 320 tokens. Or like I said above:

If someone could spend $100 and get that level of coverage with representative tokens, I think a lot of young/poor DMs would take the plunge.

You know, not everyone has thousands of dollars on their hands. Some people could afford, for instance, only the three basic books, 32 minis and two sets of tiles because of other expenses.

lol I think you failed to read his entire post

lol I think you failed to read his entire post

Dead of the night... my bad.
So, where are all the non-martial Power books part 2? Those are on the top of my wait list.
So, where are all the non-martial Power books part 2? Those are on the top of my wait list.

My guess:  They will never exist.  We will have to peruse the previews of future "Heroes of" books to see if they have anything we are looking for.  If the concept of a book like "Arcane Power 2" survives intact, it will probably have a title like "Heroes of the Arcane".

My guess:  They will never exist.  We will have to peruse the previews of future "Heroes of" books to see if they have anything we are looking for.  If the concept of a book like "Arcane Power 2" survives intact, it will probably have a title like "Heroes of the Arcane".

indeed

IMAGE(http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1105914135.325.1281987627.png)
Anyone else notice that Gazetteer: The Nentir Vale / D&D / For Dungeon Masters / Bill Slavicsek disappeared from the Product Catalog and the product page is gone??

This was the only Essentials product that even vaguely appealed to me and it's gone.

Regards,

Kalex the Omen 

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

OSR Fan? Our Big Announcement™ is here!

Please join our forums!

Concerning Player Rules Bias
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
Gaining victory through rules bias is a hollow victory and they know it.
Concerning "Default" Rules
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
The argument goes, that some idiot at the table might claim that because there is a "default" that is the only true way to play D&D. An idiotic misconception that should be quite easy to disprove just by reading the rules, coming to these forums, or sending a quick note off to Customer Support and sharing the inevitable response with the group. BTW, I'm not just talking about Next when I say this. Of course, D&D has always been this way since at least the late 70's when I began playing.

List updated.

I'm actually very pleased that the Nentir Vale Gazeteer is being dropped. Hopefully that means at some point in the future that we'll get a PoL Campaign book/boxed set. At the very least, it means the Nentir Vale won't be cast in amber yet and we'll have some more goodies in the future.

What the... Didn't they say that once the essentials are out, they are back to catering to old players? This seems to contradict that.

Anyone else notice that Gazetteer: The Nentir Vale / D&D / For Dungeon Masters / Bill Slavicsek disappeared from the Product Catalog and the product page is gone?? 

this is very strange... they just announced it at the Gen-Con link

so maybe it's just a glitch (or so I hope... it would be really distressing if they put out a title in so short notice)

IMAGE(http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1105914135.325.1281987627.png)
I hope it is a glitch.  I was looking forward to the Nentir Vale book (it wasn't an Essentials product btw).

Any Edition

What the... Didn't they say that once the essentials are out, they are back to catering to old players? This seems to contradict that.

I believe what they said was that post-Essentials releases wouldn't focus just on stuff introduced in Essentials and the new products would support Essentials and pre-Essentials classes.

Nothing posted in the thread contradicts that.

Any Edition

Going by a different name doesn't mean it's a contradiction.

Anyways, there's enough other threads about that so let's keep this thread on topic.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I actually expect an Arcane Power 2, and no Player's Option: Heroes of Arcana.

As far as I'm concerned, Player's Option is just another way of distributing Player's Handbook-like material; not replacing the X Power series of expansion material.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I actually expect an Arcane Power 2, and no Player's Option: Heroes of Arcana.

As far as I'm concerned, Player's Option is just another way of distributing Player's Handbook-like material; not replacing the X Power series of expansion material.

I was using "Heroes of Shadow" as the basis of my speculation, as it is clearly one of the first of the post-Essentials 4E player books.  If they were reverting to the old nomenclature, I would think that this book would have either "Player's Handbook 4" or "Shadow Power" for its title.

The advantage of dropping numbers from the book titles is that people will not think that they need any particular prior books to get use out of the new book.  From a marketing point of view, the problem with a title like "Player's Handbook 3" is that a potential buyer will think he needs Player's Handbook 2 to make use of it (He probably does need the original Player's Handbook, but 2?  Not really.). 

Sticky?

guides
Power
my builds

I have no clue what the sales were, but if Martial Power 2 sold then it would be crazy not to do it for all the powers.  Maybe it didn't sell well.  I wasn't keen on 1, 2 and 3 of everything but if the content was good I would keep getting them.

I also think you have a better chance of someone picking up a 2 or 3 book and then wanting the previous numbers than not getting it because it's a 2 or 3.  If the content is good, players will buy more books.
I hope it is a glitch.  I was looking forward to the Nentir Vale book (it wasn't an Essentials product btw).

Me to.

HAND OF KARSUS!

Now, if they do come out they will be essuntialized. Is that even a word?

Nope.
BUMP!

New Amazon links to Nentir Vale and Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium.

I would like to see another board game like Castle Raveloft and Wrath of ashardalon. Maybe a Scenario book for using each of the sets together.
Just found this on Chapters.ca (Canadian version of Barnes and Noble):

A NEW DUNGEON TILES SET IN JUNE THAT'S SWAMP-BASED.

www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Witchlight-...

Excellent!

Are there anymore D&D minis sets coming out or is it all over?
Just found this on Chapters.ca (Canadian version of Barnes and Noble):

A NEW DUNGEON TILES SET IN JUNE THAT'S SWAMP-BASED.

www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Witchlight-...

Excellent!

This is very cool. Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of the Nentir Vale Gazetteer.  (here today, erased from history tomorrow).

The thread linked to below suggests that "Streets of Shadows" will be released in April. I'm not sure: if it's true, we'll hear about it very soon or it's not real.

www.maxminis.com/Forums/tabid/104/aff/51...

Well, I guess that the Nentir Vale is officially dead.

The thread linked to below suggests that "Streets of Shadows" will be released in April. I'm not sure: if it's true, we'll hear about it very soon or it's not real.

www.maxminis.com/Forums/tabid/104/aff/51...

Streets of Shadow was suppose to have come out last April, but it got canceled.
However, some of the minis that they had already sculpted for Streets of Shadow made it into the Lords of Madness set.

By the way-I have read the thread that was posted there and I must say that the author's information is wrong.

Sign In to post comments