160 Squares of Sliding on a Single Attack

34 posts / 0 new
Last post

New psionic power feat:
Beguiling Torment.  Whenever you daze an enemy with a psionic power, you can slide it 1 square for 1pp. 

Since powers inherit all the triggered slides (see mark of storm+staggering weapon working, etc.), Staggering Weapon/Hindering Shield should work with this slide:

Terrifying Deluge
Stygian Adept for 2 more pp/Fleeing Fear
MC Fighter
Hindering Shield
Staggering Weapon (Hammer) +6
Rushing Cleats
Topaz Crusader Epic Destiny for 2 more pp

Hit the target.  It slides from Fleeing Fear and is slowed (HS) and therefore dazed (OI), triggering Beguiling Torment.  Slide w/beguiling torment, which slows the mob, which dazes it again, triggering Beguiling Torment again.  You can do this as many times as you have power points.

Total squares of slide = 8 initial (Stygian Adept) + 8*19 (Beguiling Torment) = 160.

Note that you could also conserve pps and "only" slide 56 squares 3 times =)
I hear on the wind the scream of a nova build similar to that bolstering blood warlock that LDB got into the stratosphere.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
With that much sliding, Spark Slippers + the Sorcerer's PP Lightning fury can shoot damage into the stratosphere.
Not to mention a Blade Barrier slid in and out of 80 times = Dead Orcus.
This will be nerfed to once per turn before it hits the CB.

New psionic power feat:
Beguiling Torment.  Whenever you daze an enemy with a psionic power, you can slide it 1 square for 1pp. 

Since powers inherit all the triggered slides (see mark of storm+staggering weapon working, etc.), Staggering Weapon/Hindering Shield should work with this slide:

Terrifying Deluge
Stygian Adept for 2 more pp/Fleeing Fear
MC Fighter
Hindering Shield
Staggering Weapon (Hammer) +6
Rushing Cleats
Topaz Crusader Epic Destiny for 2 more pp

Hit the target.  It slides from Fleeing Fear and is slowed (HS) and therefore dazed (OI), triggering Beguiling Torment.  Slide w/beguiling torment, which slows the mob, which dazes it again, triggering Beguiling Torment again.  You can do this as many times as you have power points.

Total squares of slide = 8 initial (Stygian Adept) + 8*19 (Beguiling Torment) = 160.

Note that you could also conserve pps and "only" slide 56 squares 3 times =)

Maybe my logic process is working differently, but when you hit the target with the psionic power, which would slide it, slow it, then daze it, wouldn't the additional slide(s) after the slide granted by Beguiling Torment be initiated by the feat and not the initial power, thus limiting this to only (1 + 8) * 2 = 18 squares slide, since the prerequisite of the feat is that you daze with a psionic power?
Show

You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what you create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

57047238 wrote:
If you're crossing the street and see a city bus barreling straight toward you with 'GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!' painted across its windshield, you probably won't be reaching for your wallet.
I Don't Always Play Strikers...But When I Do, I Prefer Vampire Stay Thirsty, My Friends
This is what I believe is the spirit of D&D 4E, and my deal breaker for D&D Next: equal opportunities, with distinct specializations, in areas where conflict happens the most often, without having to worry about heavy micromanagement or system mastery. What I hope to be my most useful contributions to the D&D Community: DM Idea: Collaborative Mapping, Classless 4E (homebrew system, that hopefully helps in D&D Next development), Gamma World 7E random character generator (by yours truly), and the Concept of Perfect Imbalance (for D&D Next and other TRPGs in development) Pre-3E D&D should be recognized for what they were: simulation wargames where people could tell stories with The Best Answer to "Why 4E?" Fun vs. Engaging
Powers inherit slides from feats.  This has been established from Mark of Storm + Staggering Weapon + Rushing Cleats all working together.  Every CS ruling has been consistent with pushes/slides added from feats counting as part of the base power, even if they're nested through several other feats.

The only difference here is that you have to spend a pp, but everything still traces back to a psionic melee attack with the weapon keyword with a hammer while wielding a shield, so it all works.

The real culprit here is not this feat, but Overwhelming Impact.  Should just errata that to require a two-handed hammer already and break its linkage with Hindering Shield (which is a fun great feat that should be left alone imo, or maybe just changed to melee/close attacks to at least make it not worth w/ranged attacks).  
Even with only one usage, it's still pretty good.  Terrifying Deluge would slide 12-16 squares and both slow and daze for only one pp (and slide an additional 6-8 and reslow if another ally hit it), which is a pretty awesome at-will.
Niice ... I'd ditch the Psi Ppath + EpicD for something the works the Slide better.
Powerpoints are easy to come by via the Party Ardent + Feast of Despair.
( ... but that's just me)

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

Nice. Although I'll stick with Psion/Dreamwalker/Cosmic Soul, which allows me to teleport enemies into the sun at-will at level 30.
Oh Content, where art thou?

Even with only one usage, it's still pretty good.  Terrifying Deluge would slide 12-16 squares and both slow and daze for only one pp (and slide an additional 6-8 and reslow if another ally hit it), which is a pretty awesome at-will.

Yep, even with a "mere" 12-16 squares of slide, when you combine it with the Monk's Grasping Fire encounter power -- which we figured created hindering terrain, due to the fact that it fills each square you leave with fire, no zone created -- that's at least 5 successful squares slid (assuming 45% chance to fail his save), up to a maximum of what, 16 squares slid if he fails all his saving throws?  That's 5 * (5 + Monk WIS) in damage which, when combined with Blade Barrier and even just a Summon Hellhound, that should easily ramp up the damage to a minimum of 55 + number of times you slide into the hellhound's area * 5 + number of times you slide into Blade Barrier * Blade Barrier damage.

If we want to avoid the saves at all, then Summon Balor, Blade Barrier, and a 12-square slide ought to peg in a few hundred points in damage.  With a few hundred points coming from additional slides as well, killing even deities in a round, especially if the party does a major unloading of dailies on them.

Show

You are Red/Blue!

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what you create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

57047238 wrote:
If you're crossing the street and see a city bus barreling straight toward you with 'GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!' painted across its windshield, you probably won't be reaching for your wallet.
I Don't Always Play Strikers...But When I Do, I Prefer Vampire Stay Thirsty, My Friends
This is what I believe is the spirit of D&D 4E, and my deal breaker for D&D Next: equal opportunities, with distinct specializations, in areas where conflict happens the most often, without having to worry about heavy micromanagement or system mastery. What I hope to be my most useful contributions to the D&D Community: DM Idea: Collaborative Mapping, Classless 4E (homebrew system, that hopefully helps in D&D Next development), Gamma World 7E random character generator (by yours truly), and the Concept of Perfect Imbalance (for D&D Next and other TRPGs in development) Pre-3E D&D should be recognized for what they were: simulation wargames where people could tell stories with The Best Answer to "Why 4E?" Fun vs. Engaging
With that much sliding, Spark Slippers + the Sorcerer's PP Lightning fury can shoot damage into the stratosphere.

That damage doesn't get many bonuses to the roll, so you'll want to have your sorcerer Flame Spiral first.  Not only will that typically do more damage per square than Blade Barrier, you don't have to waste movement sliding it out and back in.

Without trying too hard, a 16th level Sorcerer/Lightning Fury should be able to make an enemy take 3d6+34 lightning damage each time they're slid into a square adjacent to him (with no save, thanks to the FAQ).
The guy's that make these feats,items,PPs,EDs really just die inside when they see these topics.
Do you actually daze him again if he's already dazed? It's a daze resulting from the same power with the same duration, so I wouldn't have expected it gets re-applied.
Do you actually daze him again if he's already dazed? It's a daze resulting from the same power with the same duration, so I wouldn't have expected it gets re-applied.

Was just about to say that.

Someone can only be dazed once, unless there is one with a longer duration, in which case the longer duration daze overwrites the old daze. Since these are from the same source, and have the same duration, they don't 'stack' or replace each other.

It's a good thought experiment though
Yeah, that occurred to me a couple hours ago.... I guess I can't have it both ways.  Either the feats are doing the dazing and the stuff that needs the power to do the dazing doesn't work... or it's the power doing the dazing and it can't daze more than once.  It is still a solid epic feat for a trick build based on Overwhelming Impact... will have to be content with that. Wink

Is there a rules source for the fact that the next daze can't replace the old one?  I'm not actually 100% sure this doesn't work.
Yeah, that occurred to me a couple hours ago.... I guess I can't have it both ways.  Either the feats are doing the dazing and the stuff that needs the power to do the dazing doesn't work... or it's the power doing the dazing and it can't daze more than once.  It is still a solid epic feat for a trick build based on Overwhelming Impact... will have to be content with that. 

Is there a rules source for the fact that the next daze can't replace the old one?  I'm not actually 100% sure this doesn't work.

Waaaait, I think I might have misinterpreted the rules. I think you do replace the old one with the new effect. For the life of me I can't find it in my books.

This is what happens when you play 4 different rpg systems at the same time
Yeah, that occurred to me a couple hours ago.... I guess I can't have it both ways.  Either the feats are doing the dazing and the stuff that needs the power to do the dazing doesn't work... or it's the power doing the dazing and it can't daze more than once.  It is still a solid epic feat for a trick build based on Overwhelming Impact... will have to be content with that. Wink

As far as I can recall re: RAW on conditions, only the duration of conditions is altered, but the condition isn't "reapplied", so if you and an ally each have a power that says "target is dazed until the end of your next turn", and your initiative comes before your ally, if you use your dazing power before your ally uses his dazing power, the enemy isn't "double dazed"; instead, since the duration of your ally's daze is longer, the enemy is dazed until the end of your ally's next turn, instead of the end of your next turn.

So unfortunately, it seems both restrictions would hamper this very nice theoretical exercise, because even if the DM would accept that it's the power dazing the enemy and not the feat, the fact that you can only change the duration of a condition -- and not necessarily reapply it -- means that you effectively can't daze an already-dazed opponent

The only exception to this, apparently, is when it comes to (save ends) conditions, as it's explicitly stated in the errata that you should keep separate tabs for each save ends condition... so you can only re-daze a dazed opponent if your "re-daze" is with a save ends effect and not something with a set duration.

Show

You are Red/Blue!

57047238 wrote:

That damage doesn't get many bonuses to the roll, so you'll want to have your sorcerer Flame Spiral first.  Not only will that typically do more damage per square than Blade Barrier, you don't have to waste movement sliding it out and back in.

Without trying too hard, a 16th level Sorcerer/Lightning Fury should be able to make an enemy take 3d6+34 lightning damage each time they're slid into a square adjacent to him (with no save, thanks to the FAQ).

How do you get up to 34? I'm getting 25 =6 Dex +(6+2) Storm Power +4 Enhancement +4 Dual implement +2 weapon focus +1 TWF

What am I missing?

Yeah, that occurred to me a couple hours ago.... I guess I can't have it both ways.  Either the feats are doing the dazing and the stuff that needs the power to do the dazing doesn't work... or it's the power doing the dazing and it can't daze more than once.  It is still a solid epic feat for a trick build based on Overwhelming Impact... will have to be content with that. 

Waaaait, I think I might have misinterpreted the rules. I think you do replace the old one with the new effect. For the life of me I can't find it in my books.

This is what happens when you play 4 different rpg systems at the same time

Overlapping Durations: If a target is affected by
multiple powers that have the same effect but end
at different times, the effect with the most time
remaining applies.

I believe that is the only RAW.
Why does the staggering weapon add to the beguiling torment slide? The way staggering weapon is worded, it seems to only add once to the distance slid by the power.
Why does the staggering weapon add to the beguiling torment slide? The way staggering weapon is worded, it seems to only add once to the distance slid by the power.

Because, RAW, each individual slide from each source is it's own slide, and they were all delivered by the power. So it adds to each slide.
Ok then. lvl 30 Genasi Battlemind|Sorcerer/Lightning Fury/Invincible mind with all the feats and items listed here plus waistband of the grappler and shocking flame. Use Brutal Barrage unaugmented.

Each time you hit, spend all your PP on sliding. Each time you hit, regain two PP. Net slide of 24 per hit. 2d6+5 (waistband)+4 (Dex)=16 damage per square. If you miss, use brilliant recovery twice with the same shtick.
BB: 3*((.6)*(7+4 SF+(16)*24)+.05*(14))+
BR: 2*(1-.6^(3))*(.6*(4.5+7 Con+4 SF+5 (shard)+(16*24)+.05*(17.5))=1 095 DPR

The Blender, level 30

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Blenn'dir, level 30
Genasi, Battlemind|Sorcerer, Lightning Fury, Invincible Mind
Sorcerous Power: Sorcerous Power Dexterity
Hybrid Talent: Soul of the Sorcerer
Soul of the Sorcerer: Storm Soul
Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid): Hybrid Power Point Option
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (heavy blade group)
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul
FINAL ABILITY SCORESStr 15, Con 24, Dex 18, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20.
STARTING ABILITY SCORESStr 10, Con 17, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 14.

AC: 39 Fort: 41 Reflex: 38 Will: 42HP: 182 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 45
TRAINED SKILLSHistory +22, Arcana +22, Endurance +29
UNTRAINED SKILLSAcrobatics +19, Bluff +20, Diplomacy +20, Dungeoneering +15, Heal +15, Insight +15, Intimidate +20, Nature +17, Perception +15, Religion +17, Stealth +19, Streetwise +20, Thievery +19, Athletics +17
FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Versatile Expertise
Level 4: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 6: Mark of Storm
Level 10: Unarmored Agility
Level 11: Shocking Flame
Level 12: Wrathful Warrior
Level 14: Opportunity Sidestep
Level 16: Paragon Defenses
Level 18: Hindering Shield
Level 20: Ubiquitous Shield
Level 21: Overwhelming Impact
Level 22: Melee Training (Constitution)
Level 24: beguiling torment
Level 26: Encouraging Shield
Level 28: Shield Proficiency (Light)
Level 30: Robust Defenses
POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Twisted Eye
Hybrid at-will 1: Lightning Strike
Psionic Defense (Hybrid): Blurred Step
Hybrid daily 1: Shocking Magnetism
Hybrid utility 2: Dragonflame Mantle
Hybrid encounter 3: Flame Spiral
Hybrid daily 5: Nightmare Vortex
Hybrid utility 6: Psionic Ambush
Hybrid at-will/encounter 7: Psionic Speed
Hybrid daily 9: Glacial Armor
Hybrid utility 10: Chaotic Defense
Hybrid at-will/encounter 13: Brutal Barrage (replaces Twisted Eye)
Hybrid daily 15: Lightning Daggers (replaces Shocking Magnetism)
Hybrid utility 16: Fog Form
Hybrid at-will/encounter 17: Breath of Winter (replaces Flame Spiral)
Hybrid utility 22: Tactical Supremacy
Hybrid at-will/encounter 23: Flame Spiral (replaces Breath of Winter)
Hybrid at-will/encounter 27: Brilliant Recovery (replaces Psionic Speed)
ITEMS
Rhythm Blade Dagger +1, Helm of Opportunity (heroic tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Waistband of the Grappler (paragon tier), Barrage Bracers (heroic tier), Eberron Shard of Lightning (epic tier), Evil Eye Fetish +6, Staggering Warhammer +6, Prismatic Robe Mindpatterned Armor +6
Powers inherit slides from feats.  This has been established from Mark of Storm + Staggering Weapon + Rushing Cleats all working together.  Every CS ruling has been consistent with pushes/slides added from feats counting as part of the base power, even if they're nested through several other feats.

CS is garbage.  This isn't RAW.  As written, the feat is sliding the enemy, not the power.  CS has more in common with infinite monkeys banging on typewriters than anything.  As them a hard question enough times and you WILL eventually recieve the complete works of William Shakespeare.

If there's an FAQ, or if you can show me a page number, I'll retract this, but if this is based purely on CS's arbitrary and contradictory rulings I'm not calling this RAW, RAI, or any kind of R.

How do you get up to 34? I'm getting 25 =6 Dex +(6+2) Storm Power +4 Enhancement +4 Dual implement +2 weapon focus +1 TWF

What am I missing?

With both a cha and dex mod of 6, using a Lancing dagger with either Lightning or Thunderbolt Weapon on it:

Flame Lightning Spiral:  1d6+8(SP)+4(enh)+4(DIS)+2(WF)+1(TWF)+3(lancing)

Lightning Field:  2d6+6(Dex)

Spark Slippers:  6

3d6+34

Woot.  If you use lightning in the blood first, you get an extra 1d6.

Without too much optimization, we're now up to 160*(4d6+34) = 640d6+5440.  3.5 avg damage per d6 gets us 7680 damage, average.  If the sorc crit on the Flame Spiral, the damage goes up to 8480, average.

At level 16.  Yeah.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Doesn't quite work at level 16: Overwhelming Impact is an epic feat.

Good call on the lancing dagger though.

Also, spark slippers work when a creature moves adjacent to you, rather than into a square adjacent to you. You'd need to move the enemy back and forth away from the sorcerer to get them to trigger multiple times, which isn't worth it when there's a lightning field on. 

On the other hand, since were talking about a two person team anyway, two lightning fields +two spark slippers+1 flame spiral would do it.... 
With both a cha and dex mod of 6, using a Lancing dagger with either Lightning or Thunderbolt Weapon on it:

Flame Lightning Spiral:  1d6+8(SP)+4(enh)+4(DIS)+2(WF)+1(TWF)+3(lancing)

I was assuming only +3 items, but another +3 bonus from having three items from the Gifts of the Queen item set, so there's a few ways to get to the total I came up with (or exceed it, with both +4 items and the item set bonus).

If you really want to be disgusting, you can also use the crown of the brilliant sun to change the damage to radiant to take advantage of radiant vulnerability (and because of the timing of when the change takes place, you don't even lose your lightning-based bonuses).

Flame Spiral is just an example, though.  I would be curious to see what someone could do with Barbed Automaton (Artificer 13), since the damage there is from an attack and a hit, which (while less certain) can trigger more abilities than auto-damage, and appears to require no action.

Should this be noted by R&D, their most likely action will be to simply nerf the powers involved, which is the wrong way to go.  A far better answer would be to simply add a general rule, along the lines of "When an ability, aura, power, zone or other effect deals damage to a creature when they enter a square or area, they only take that damage once per turn."

The answer to "We can kill Orcus by sliding him around in a particular way" isn't to nerf the particular way, it should be to deal with the general issue.  On the other hand, I think that damaging someone by forcing them into a zone of fire is a good tactic, and not one that should be destroyed by adding a voluntary or pseudo-voluntary restriction on the movement, as with Blood Pulse or Storm Pillar.

A far better answer would be to simply add a general rule, along the lines of "When an ability, aura, power, zone or other effect deals damage to a creature when they enter a square or area, they only take that damage once per turn."

I second this. There's no need to destroy the whole tactic, and the rule you wrote here seems pretty solid. In particular, it allows both functions of lightning field to happen in the same turn (damage on entering square and damage on attacking). This is something that should be retained and would be questionable if the "once per turn" restriction were added to the individual effects.

Each time you hit, spend all your PP on sliding. Each time you hit, regain two PP.

Wait ... WHAT ?!

Are you talking about coming out ahead on the power points ?

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

Well... yes. Sort of, as long as you are immediately spending them all on the slide.

The Invincible Mind feature says you gain 2 PP whenever you hit with an unaugmented at-will and have 0 PP. As long as Brutal Barrage was unaugmented you can spend 2PP on sliding each hit and regain them. (Whether you regain them on that hit or the next one depends on which one happens first. It's possible there's an interpretation in which you'd only get to spend them on every other hit, but I'm not sure how that would work.)

On the other hand, I just got psionic power and the feat section says that augment feats spend PP as free actions unless otherwise stated, so these slides may not get rushing cleats and staggering bonuses, as they are sourced to a different action than the power.
Each time you hit, spend all your PP on sliding. Each time you hit, regain two PP. Net slide of 24 per hit. 2d6+5 (waistband)+4 (Dex)=16 damage per square. If you miss, use brilliant recovery twice with the same shtick.

I have a couple questions. I'm only getting your attack bonus to come out to +32 +35:

+15 half level
+7 Con mod
+2 proficiency
+6 enhancement from Staggering Hammer
+2 Battle Sovreignity
+3 Versatile Expertise
= +35

That would be a 55% chance to hit and 5% chance to crit against AC 44.  What am I missing?

I also don't see how you slide 24 on a hit. I only see:

+1 Mark of Storm
+6 Staggering Hammer
+1 Rushing Cleats
+2 Beguiling Torment (since you have 2 PP each hit out at the limit)
= 10 squares

Also, spark slippers work when a creature moves adjacent to you, rather than into a square adjacent to you. You'd need to move the enemy back and forth away from the sorcerer to get them to trigger multiple times, which isn't worth it when there's a lightning field on

How about this?

Lions Den - Monk attack 1
At will - Full Discipline - Implement - Psionic
attack technique
standard action - melee touch
target - one creature
attack- dexterity vs reflex
Hit- 1d6+dexterity modifier damage. Until the start of your next turn, as a free action, you can deal damage equal to your constitution modifier to any enemy that enters a square adjacent to you.
Movement technique
move action
you shift one square and gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn

I have a couple questions. I'm only getting your attack bonus to come out to +32 +35:

+15 half level
+7 Con mod
+2 proficiency
+6 enhancement from Staggering Hammer
+2 Battle Sovreignity
+3 Versatile Expertise
= +35

That would be a 55% chance to hit and 5% chance to crit against AC 44.  What am I missing?

You've got the total right, although you missed the -2 from waistband of the grappler and +2 from near constant combat advantage due to Deadly Draw and the many attacks. ((1-.55^5)=.95->95% chance of having CA after the first round.)

I only counted _extra_ crit damage in the section next to the .05s, most of the damage done here on a crit would be done anyway. Actually, now that I look at it, the total should be just a little higher. I forgot to update the crit damage from the level 16 build to 30. It should be 21 from the +6 weapon on BB and 21+8-4.5=23.5 from the +6 weapon and
 maxing hit dice for BR. It's a minuscule improvement, though, bringing the total to 1096 DPR 

I also don't see how you slide 24 on a hit. I only see:

+1 Mark of Storm
+6 Staggering Hammer
+1 Rushing Cleats
+2 Beguiling Torment (since you have 2 PP each hit out at the limit)
= 10 squares

I was going by the rules interpretation of Alcestis and the OP, who were saying that each beguiling torment would have the Staggering and rushing cleats bonuses added to it, because each of them is a new slide sourced to the power, rather than a slide bonus.
This seems the best thread to post the question for relevance.  Assuming a multiple slide, which of these would trigger off of every slide square, and which ones would require sliding away, and then back in.  I know Wall of Fire (and from this thread, it seems Spark Slippers) require the target to move out and then back.

Lightning Field: each enemy that moves into a square adjacent to you
Spark Slippers: creature moves adjacent to you
Flame Spiral: enemy that enters a square adjacent to you
Charm of False Glory: enemy starts its turn next to or moves to a square adjacent to the target
Storm Pillar: enemy that moves into a square adjacent
Stinking Cloud: Creatures that enter the zone
Storm Cage: moves into a wall square
Form of the Primeval Lizard: target moves or shifts into a square that is not adjacent to you
Wall of Fire: creature moves into the wall’s space
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.