Didnt know about adventure logs :(

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I played my first RPGA event at GenCon 2010, and I had a blast, got my character to level 2, retrained all my newbie mistakes, love my character even more, and found a store with regular RPGA games in my area.

However, upon arrival, they asked me about my Adventure log!  I didn't know I needed to have one, and I have since downloaded, printed, and filled out as much as I could, but I don't know exactly how much EXP and gold I got from the Gen Con games to fill in the blanks.  Is there any way to find that information, or am I just hoping that everoyne will take my word for the adventures that I completed.

I still have my Story Rewards slips.

There sites from which you can download lists with the rewards for every adventure (although the new Gen Con adventures may not yet be included as they're too new). Just google for LFR Spoilers.

However that doesn't completely answer your questions, because these show the maximum rewards and you often don't reach max gold and max XP in an adventure

That should help, because I've found a character sheet that I used right before the third of three MINI's so I have the third one down and all I need are the rewards from the first two.  Thanks! 

I just want to recreate my character's progression so that I'll be fully on the up and up!
The MINI 2-X's are on the LFR spoilers list.

Honestly, though, if your PC is off by 100 XP or 50 GP or so, it's not going to make any difference in the long run.

It is more important to get your Story Awards and magic item bundles (if taken) recorded correctly than it is to worry about minor discrepancies in XP/GP.
I don't know exactly how much EXP and gold I got from the Gen Con games to fill in the blanks.  Is there any way to find that information

If you remembered the tier, an LFR DM with access to the adventure could tell you how much you likely got (fwiw: GP and XP is often similar across adventures)

I still have my Story Rewards slips.

Tip: at the end of each adventure, immediately write your earned XP, GP and (if taken) magic item directly on those Story Award slips (as well as in your log later, just in case).

Thank you for the tips guys!  As for the LFR spoilers, is that the Yahoo list one?
Thank you for the tips guys!  As for the LFR spoilers, is that the Yahoo list one?

That'd be my guess, though it doesn't look like their list includes the GenCon modules yet.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
I played my first RPGA event at GenCon 2010, and I had a blast, got my character to level 2, retrained all my newbie mistakes, love my character even more, and found a store with regular RPGA games in my area.

Mine was PentaCon 2007 or 2008, much the same experience - I don't have ANY of my original powers or feats - but haven't found a store yet in Ft Wayne IN.

I suspect that if/when I do Gondolin's adventure log, I will discover how much I broke the rules.  I'm trying to fix that as I go along, but I may still not have it right.

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

none yet - gotta find a group !

Character Ready-to-go:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood elf Monk1, inspired by "Radar O'Reilley" from M*A*S*H

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

Sign In to post comments