Question about mounts.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I recently recieved a giant ant as part of a bundle award in LFR and when I just went and checked out the LFR CCG I noticed that it said that mounts, being mundane gear, aren't sellable. Now does this mean that the mount wouldn't count as a found item slot? Or does it mean that my character is stuck with a Giant Ant mount that cost a found item slot that he can never be rid of even into the paragon tier? The second option seems a bit harsh for it to count as a found item but not be sellable like any other found item. Did I miss something? Thanks a lot.
"Never Give Up! Never Give In! Never Walk Away! Always Fighting!"
Once you select a mount, it's yours forever.  If you take neverending rations at level 1, well, you always have neverending rations.

Now!

Before you do another adventure, there's nothing stopping you from removing that bundle from your sheet - I'd recommend that you contact your DM from the ant fiaso and have him sign off - and correct your tracking to show "more gold" or whatever you decide to go with.

Just be sure that it you do it now, not later when it may seem more convenient/ beneficial :p

Alan Patrick

Associate Community Manager, D&D Adventurers League

http://dndadventurersleague.org

So I recently recieved a giant ant as part of a bundle award in LFR and when I just went and checked out the LFR CCG I noticed that it said that mounts, being mundane gear, aren't sellable. Now does this mean that the mount wouldn't count as a found item slot? Or does it mean that my character is stuck with a Giant Ant mount that cost a found item slot that he can never be rid of even into the paragon tier? The second option seems a bit harsh for it to count as a found item but not be sellable like any other found item. Did I miss something? Thanks a lot.

No, you have it right. Mounts are sellable and if taken as a treasure bundle, do fill the found item slot. By Paragon tier, the amount of money you would have gotten by selling is neglibale.

Truthfully the campaign's mount rules are getting an overhaul in the October CCG release.
No, you have it right. Mounts are sellable and if taken as a treasure bundle, do fill the found item slot.

Sorry, do you mean are or are not?  I believe the CCG v.1.99 (p. 9) specifically says mounts cannot be sold.
Typo on my part, should be are not.
Ok, thanks alot.

It's a bit disappointing that it counts as a found item and can't be sold. Makes me feel a bit stupid for taking one since unlike a magic item I can't upgrade the mount by paying the difference and get a better mount. I'm just stuck with a mount that will be pretty much be useless down the road. Oh well I just gotta make sure that in the future I check the CCG before picking a bundle cause it sounds cool.
"Never Give Up! Never Give In! Never Walk Away! Always Fighting!"
I'd recommend that you contact your DM from the ant fiaso and have him sign off - and correct your tracking

DMs are no longer supposed to sign any tracking sheets in LFR.

Mirtek, you are correct.  I suggest this action simply because it involves changing his tracking sheet, and as a DM if I see things all scribbled out and stuff, well, it makes me twitchy ;)

Alan Patrick

Associate Community Manager, D&D Adventurers League

http://dndadventurersleague.org