Celebrate the launch of D&D Essentials™ with a return to a classic adventure!
Adventure waits as you journey to the Nentir Vale and face down savage beasts and lurking evils at the edge of civilization. Get into the action quickly by creating a classic 1st-level D&D character using the new D&D Essentials rules options, or grab a pre-generated one. Later in the season, be the first to try out Fortune cards to enhance your D&D play experience. Get ready to explore the dungeons and dangers at The Keep on the Borderlands!
• Try out the new D&D Essentials™ rules options, designed to make it easy to create your own character with a classic D&D® feel!
• D&D Essentials products will be available in-store by no later than September 21, meaning players are using the hottest new products
• Players use only D&D Essentials books, which means that lapsed players and DMs won’t need to worry about a huge range of rules options at the table
• One session equals one encounter each week – total play time of 1-2 hours, perfect to fit in after school or work
• Mini-campaign offers an ongoing, compelling narrative to keep players coming back each Wednesday
• Easy to play – just show up, create your own 1st-level character using the D&D Essentials rules or use a pre-generated character provided in the kit.
• DMs earn rewards just for DMing game sessions
• Easy to DM – everything is provided in the kit, minimal prep time in-between sessions
• Designed for players of all levels.