LFR and GenCon 2010

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone else going to the Sagamore ballroom to play LFR? Particularly the Open Play in the evenings?
I'll be in Sagamore most of the day on Friday, and all day Saturday:
- Friday morning: SPEC 2-2 (playing at P1)
- Friday evening: D&D Special
- Saturday: MINI 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Ah, our schedules are mostly the opposite - at least as far those mods go.

Thursday afternoon/Friday Morning/Afternoon are the MINI mods for me.
Thursday/Friday/Saturday Evening are the LFR Open Play. Probably trying for 7-10 to get my Fighter|Paladin up to 11th.
Saturday Morning is the SPEC2-2 at P1
Saturday Afternoon is the SPEC2-2 at P2
Ah, well...though I've likely got my table partners already booked.  Going to be playing some PFS and Dresden Files on Thursday.

We should see if we can at least meet up on Friday or Saturday...I'd love to put a face to the (screen) name.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Ah, well...though I've likely got my table partners already booked.  Going to be playing some PFS and Dresden Files on Thursday.

We should see if we can at least meet up on Friday or Saturday...I'd love to put a face to the (screen) name.

Sure, that would be great!
I'll be there.

Thurs
morning and afternoon: MINI 2-1 & MINI 2-2
evening: Open play (Looking for some H2 adventure for my highest leveled character)

Fri
morning: MINI 2-3
evening: Open play (More H2, hopefully)

Sat
afternoon and evening: MINI 2-1 & MINI 2-2

Sun
morning: MINI 2-3

Sleep, vendor hall, and a few dips in the delve is mixed in there too.
-Sartredes
I'll be running the Dark Sun delve event for most of the weekend.  Have a Wednesday game that will (hopefully) live in infamy; just hope that we can find a hapless DM to run so I don't have to! ;)

I miss the XE stuff.  If I knew enough people would be there, I have some post-finale mods that I set up for my local groups... whee!

Alan Patrick

Associate Community Manager, D&D Adventurers League

http://dndadventurersleague.org

I'll be there some. Mostly the specials; I couldn't get into a chronological sequence of MINIs and I more go to Gencon for non-LFR stuff. But I'll probably do some open play. Also Thursday morning SPEC 2-1 P1 and Saturday night SPEC 2-1 P2. Watch for the chubby guy with glasses -- what? Oh. OK, the guy with a mini-shoulder bag, an iPad, a sorcerer, and a lovely SO with similar accoutrements and a bard.
I'm one of those perpetually skinny guys. I too will have the mini-shoulder bag and an iPad. I'll either be playing a Avenger|Psion 2 in the MINIs, Paladin 13 for the P1, Bard 14 for the P2, and trying to level my Fighter|Paladin 10 to P1 during the open play(though possibly playing one of the other characters all things depending)

I like going to GenCon for the LFR as it lets me see a wide variety of different play and build styles for LFR - I don't go with a group of friends from home, so I get a lot of different groups usually.
I'll be there the whole time.

I also have a few extra tickets, including the Minis on Friday.  (Feel free to PM me.)
I am there for Saturday only, doing the MINI in order with some folks.  However, if you see the guy wearing the Key Largo hat, come up and say hi.  I'm much less grumpy in person.  ;)
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
I'm about 5'10", medium build, with spiky (but thinning) blonde hair.  I'll likely be wearing some sort of concert t-shirt, carrying a green-and-gold Timbuktu messenger bag (go Pack!), and an iPad (got all my characters loaded up on it).
I'll be there as well... Will be trying to get a Wednesday game or two in (warfteiner's game of infamy and CORE2-8 if the latter ends up in the system) - might also try to get CORE2-8 in on an open slot, since I've got one or two of those during the con.
John du Bois Living Forgotten Realms Writing Director, Netheril story area Follow me on The Twitter: @JohnduBois Follow my presence on The Intertubes: johncdubois.wordpress.com
I'm not at GenCon.
Advice for everyone who is going: Go to the Spin A Yarn seminar from Ed Greenwood.
It is free and it is fun.

Gomez,
who really wanted to go... *sulks*
3 more days...
I am so excited, and I just can't stand it. I'm about...

Well, I definitely like it.

I've got some Eclipse Phase, some Legend of the Five Rings, the LFR MINIs, some paragon play, and if I get a chance I would really like to get in some trials of the new Spycraft edition. I am saving a lot of things for PAX (and judging them there).

My Sunday is likely without my usual crew. If anyone is doing SPEC2-2 P3 - Tyranny's Perilous Bastion at 8AM, let me know.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Everything packed(except for various electronic gadgets that need to wait)...
Sign In to post comments