Deathtouch/Aura deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey there folks,
Been rather busy thinking up ideas and hoping to put some of them into practise. Wanted to run this by you guys and hear what you think:

Black/Green deck
The idea behind the deck is to use Auras and Deathtouch. Here's a quick list:

Lands:
Forest x 9
Swamp x 6
Savage lands x 3
Terramorphic Expanse x 2
Evolving wilds x 2
Mystifying Maze x 1
Naya Panorama x 1
Total:24

Ok, just quickly. The reason for only 2 Terramorphic Expanse and 2 Evolving Wilds is cause they do the same thing and the rest of my Terramorphic Expanse cards are in my control deck >.< I did wonder if i should take the Mystifying Maze and Naya panarama out, but i figured they'd do not harm there.

Instants:
Giant Growth x 2
Fog x 2
Stabbing Pain x 2
Total:6

Enchantments:
Rancor x 2
Contaminated Ground x 2
Boar Umbra x 2
Savage Silhouette x 2
Unholy Strength x 1
Quag Sickness x 1
Total:10

Creatures:
Llanowar Elves x 2
Death Cultist x 2
Vine Trellis x 2
Overgrown Battlement x 2
Daggerback Basilisk x 1
Giant Scorpion x 3
Greater Basilisk x 2
Grave Titan x 1
Yavimaya Wurm x 1
Duskdale Wurm x 1
Aura Gnarlid x 3
Total:20

So the basic ideas was to get some cards to help for mana production. Deathtouch is rather annoying, and the rest is basically built around Aura Gnarlid.

Thoughts? Ideas?
The Cards and Combos forum is actually for discussing general card strategy and specific combos divorced from the context of any specific deck; if you have built a deck and are looking for advice on how to improve it, you want to be posting in the deck critique forums, either the Casual Play forum or, if you intend to play the deck in tournaments, the appropriate Tournament Play forum.

Since you're looking for advice regarding a specific deck rather than just a general strategy discussion, I'm going to get this thread moved to the appropriate deck critique forum for further discussion.

If I've mistaken your intent and moved the thread to the wrong deck critique forum, please let me know in [thread=1193516]this thread[/thread] so I may correct the mistake. If you do so, it would be very helpful of you to link back to this thread so I can get it moved to its proper place more quickly. Thanks for your time.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

The Cards and Combos forum is actually for discussing general card strategy and specific combos divorced from the context of any specific deck; if you have built a deck and are looking for advice on how to improve it, you want to be posting in the deck critique forums, either the Casual Play forum or, if you intend to play the deck in tournaments, the appropriate Tournament Play forum.

Since you're looking for advice regarding a specific deck rather than just a general strategy discussion, I'm going to get this thread moved to the appropriate deck critique forum for further discussion.

If I've mistaken your intent and moved the thread to the wrong deck critique forum, please let me know in [thread=1193516]this thread[/thread] so I may correct the mistake. If you do so, it would be very helpful of you to link back to this thread so I can get it moved to its proper place more quickly. Thanks for your time.

Ah, Sorry about that. And thank you for the kind help The idea was on the deck in general yes, and not a specific combo. Thanks again
No problem.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Lure, Gaze of the Gorgon, Gift of the Deity and Mortipede. That's all I can think of right now.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

[C]Virulent Swipe[/c], maybe Gorgon Flail for your gnarlid or the wurms
THIS GOOD I DO LIVES LONG AFTER ME
Fire Whip is especially funny with deathtouch.
Adding some Bear Umbra could help, especially if you add more flash creatures.