Dungeon 180 - Dungeoncraft 29: Using Published Adventures

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.png   Dungeon 180
Dungeoncraft #29
Using Publish Adventures

By James Wyatt

This month on Dungeoncraft, James discusses how to incorporate published adventures seemlessly into your homebrew campaign (such as his Aquela Campaign Setting and game) and tie the smaller stories that you stole from other authors into the larger framework of your own story.  Done right, and the published adventures will truly matter to your PCs, and it'll take a little load off the prep work for you as the DM as well.

Talk about this Dungeoncraft column here.
c742a19b8babcc2e58c8abad79e44523.png?v=30150

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Just wanted to pop in and comment to say thanks for all of the interesting Dungeoncraft articles, Mr. Wyatt! I definitely appreciate them as I work in my homebrew setting. I like the theme for Aquela and am following your articles to see how the story unfolds with Imix.

I just wanted to say also that I was a bit saddened when the Greenbriar articles ceased. I wondered if you happened to have any new editions to the Idea File for that campaign? I am taking the barebones structure (with some pretty good meat sections as well) that you put out there on that campaign, and am fleshing it out for my 4E group. I really think it is a great Campaign idea, as the Far Realm is a mysterious place full of wonderfully whacky monsters with which to surprise and elate a group of gamers.

Again, thanks for all the work you do on these!

-Caylon
If you read the final Greenbriar Dungeoncraft installment, you'll see that the reason he stopped covering that campaign was that it failed for his group. 

Dungeoncraft is an advice column using his current campaign as an example, so Greenbriar was replaced with Aquela.  He probably wouldn't go back to Greenbriar unless Aquela failed.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I did, in fact, read that particular column. I just thought perhaps there were some non-revealed gems in his idea file concerning Greenbriar. I am sad it failed for his group. I suspect that with a different group, that campaign would have been great.