Sun Titan and Auras

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun Titan{4}{W}{W}Creature -- Giant6/6VigilanceWhenever Sun Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, you may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. * A permanent card is an artifact, creature, enchantment, land, or planeswalker card.

I was confused about what exactly the sun titan's effect can bring back from the graveyard. Does his effect mean enchant creature cards?

For instance, as I declare that I attack with sun titan, can I bring a pacifism back from the grave onto a potentially blocking creature? Does his ability occure before blockers are delclared? Does it go onto the stack, therefore being able to be countered? I am pretty baffled by this ability. 

I looked up the rules from the 2011 FAQ,(shown above) still confused though.  
Dude, this world is so harsh! Why can't we all ride Llamas and drink sweet honey suckle juice from the friendly bumble bee's bottom? Why cannot all of our headgear be brightly colored knit caps with pom-pom balls atop and our pants and skirts be made from the palm fronds of the warm banana tree? Oh, to dream... - The Aquabats
The Titan's ability triggers when it's declared as an attacker (and when it enters the battlefield). It will trigger and resolve during the declare attackers step (before blockers are declared). So yes, you can return Pacifism to the battlefield and attach it to a potential blocker (the Pacifism is put on the battlefield, not cast, so it can't be countered short of countering the ability with something like Stifle)

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

The Titan's ability triggers when it's declared as an attacker (and when it enters the battlefield). It will trigger and resolve during the declare attackers step (before blockers are declared). So yes, you can return Pacifism to the battlefield and attach it to a potential blocker (the Pacifism is put on the battlefield, not cast, so it can't be countered short of countering the ability with something like Stifle)

Thanks a lot man. Need a add about... 3 more of those to my deck. 
Dude, this world is so harsh! Why can't we all ride Llamas and drink sweet honey suckle juice from the friendly bumble bee's bottom? Why cannot all of our headgear be brightly colored knit caps with pom-pom balls atop and our pants and skirts be made from the palm fronds of the warm banana tree? Oh, to dream... - The Aquabats
Also, because it is put on the battlefield and not cast, you can attach pacifism to a creature with shroud.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

Also, because it is put on the battlefield and not cast, you can attach pacifism to a creature with shroud.

Man.. that is cool. I made a thread in casual play for suggestions for cards to go with a x4sun titan deck.